CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Flying To Your Cruise (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/flying-your-cruise/)
-   -   Fantastic Luck - Delta Skymiles (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/flying-your-cruise/400906-fantastic-luck-delta-skymiles.html)

Marc February 5th, 2014 11:25 PM

Fantastic Luck - Delta Skymiles

Just need to tell someone…

Just booked

HSV - ATL - CDG - DXB DL/AF in business class; with return

CPT - LHR in VS Upper Class with three days in London then

LHR - ATL - HSV DL in business class

for only 150K skymiles per person!!!!!

:D

Donna February 6th, 2014 05:47 AM

Nice Marc.....good deal for you.

Dave Beers February 6th, 2014 09:26 AM

Wow Marc, that is a great value. I think it costs 40,000 just to go from HSV to FLL.

Trip February 6th, 2014 10:16 AM

This is all Greek to me.....:) Good deal, I have no idea..!

Mike M February 6th, 2014 03:59 PM

That's one of the negatives of living in Alabama. If you want to go anywhere you will have to go through Memphis, Dallas or Atlanta. The old joke was that when you die your soul has to go through Atlanta to get to heaven. :)

Enjoy the trip,
Mike

TimmyK March 13th, 2014 10:10 PM

Marc. Did you do this online by yourself or did you use a delta agent. How long did it take to get all the flights? I couldn't find anything cheaper than 125000 miles each for Cincy to Venice. You did a wonderful job

Marc March 14th, 2014 09:19 PM

Truth in advertising, I am still PM on Delta so better agents and shorter wait on phone. Did it all in one phone call that lasted about 20 minutes.

I never try to do online; they keep saying they are improving the website for online redemption but forget it; especially true with open jaw.

DL agents have always treated me well.

Marc

TimmyK March 15th, 2014 09:38 AM

I'm also platinum on Delta. I will give them a call and see what we can work out. Do u have any extra long layovers?

Marc March 15th, 2014 11:07 AM

None except the three days in London I asked for. I also have to spend one extra day in Cape Town. I have been successful twice now in getting both open jaw and stopover on same trip.

TimmyK March 15th, 2014 12:50 PM

Thanks for the tip. I believe u can make reservation 300 days out. Will have to wait as my trip isn't until May 2015

Marc March 15th, 2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimmyK (Post 1496676)
Thanks for the tip. I believe u can make reservation 300 days out. Will have to wait as my trip isn't until May 2015

331 days out although sometimes partners are earlier than later. As PM you can change for free so book outbound 331 days in advance and then return when it is available. On my last flight I did it around 270 days in advance. That ability to change and redeposit without fee is a great PM benefit when it comes to getting international tickets.

TimmyK March 16th, 2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc (Post 1496684)
331 days out although sometimes partners are earlier than later. As PM you can change for free so book outbound 331 days in advance and then return when it is available. On my last flight I did it around 270 days in advance. That ability to change and redeposit without fee is a great PM benefit when it comes to getting international tickets.

Thanks. I will put 311 day mark in my calendar with a reminder

Dannyboy March 30th, 2014 02:18 PM

Warning: Lufthansa Pilots Union will be on strike scheduled for April 2nd - April 5th, 2014.
Make arrangements to use alternative code share partners ASAP, remember flights leaving from West coast of USA/Canada will not arrive in Germany until next day.

I am flying to Rome using United air miles with Star Alliance partners US Airways, which is leaving the program on 3/31/14.

Anyway only 50K for 1st class lax - Charlotte, then Envoy (business) to Rome, lands at 9:45 AM. Purrrrfect!

My return was 70K for business class flying on "2nd deck" only 16-seats upstairs on code share partner Lufthansa from Rome - Frankfurt departs in evening, allows 3/4 of the day in Rome (overnight layover in Frankfurt "Hilton points" @ Garden Inn in the airport) 12 hours of Zzzzzzz's, then non-stop 10.5 hours to LAX on the new 747-800. Total miles 120 K. Fellow frequently flyer junkies', check-out Seat Guru for picking your seats and always join the airlines frequent flyer program, you can set up TEXT/e mail warnings on last minute gate changes and or schedule changes, plus always have your flight/hotel itinerary in the center of luggage, helps the airline locate luggage/passenger if delayed or lost.

I'll book a last minute cruise after the cancellations penalties kick in Aug/Sept. 2014. I found 6 cruises to pick from departing Rome and or Barcelona.

Bonvoyage