CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Flying To Your Cruise (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/flying-your-cruise/)
-   -   Flying first class (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/flying-your-cruise/401831-flying-first-class.html)

jason.link1 April 9th, 2014 02:22 AM

Flying first class

I would like any information on American Airlines first class. It is the first plane ride

ltnprncess April 9th, 2014 03:26 AM

It not the most luxurious first class service but definitely beats choice. There is a lot more legroom, seats are more comfortable and depending on flight length, meals are served. For me, the better feature is priority boarding. It may not be so bad at other airports, but when you fly out of LA it really saves a ton of time. The admirals clubs are always great if you have a long layover.

TimmyK April 13th, 2014 02:53 PM

If you give us more info we can give you a better answer
1. Where are you looking to fly? Overseas or us?
2. How long a flight will it be
3. How many are in your group?

jason.link1 April 14th, 2014 01:27 PM

I will be flying out of O'Hare to Miami international round trip

To MIA is 3 hours
To O'Hare 3 hours 5 minutes

Just myself

seadog2 April 14th, 2014 01:45 PM

I think I would prefer to fly first class on much longer flights. Flying overseas or to Europe would be much more economical. For shorter flights, if it's legroom that you're looking for I would look into an exit row seat or a bulkhead set. Those typically have a little more legroom. Those seats defiantly don't get the first class service though.

storybookcruises.com April 14th, 2014 02:05 PM

I agree with seadog - save your money and just fly coach - 3 hours is nothing for a flight. First class is much better for the longer flights, especially like our 14 hour flight from DC to Beijing - first class was awesome!!

But like they said, if it's legroom you need, go with coach-plus or get the exit row.

Pete

Dannyboy April 20th, 2014 07:23 PM

1st Class

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason.link1 (Post 1498393)
I would like any information on American Airlines first class. It is the first plane ride

Go to "You tube" web-site and search American Airlines 1st class, you can view several video's that include the lounge and interior of aircraft then go to "seatguru.com" and look up the flight number to find out the aircraft flying the rout and the series of aircraft being used, the seating chart will display and you can get complete details on the seats.

International 1st class have lay-down beds, Kits with all kinds of goodies.

Depending on your flight length and time, you will be able to determine menu items served and amenities offered.

You can also view details in the American Airline web-site.

Bon Voyage

Dannyboy July 14th, 2014 03:19 PM

1st class

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannyboy (Post 1499044)
Go to "You tube" web-site and search American Airlines 1st class, you can view several video's that include the lounge and interior of aircraft then go to "seatguru.com" and look up the flight number to find out the aircraft flying the rout and the series of aircraft being used, the seating chart will display and you can get complete details on the seats.

International 1st class have lay-down beds, Kits with all kinds of goodies.

Depending on your flight length and time, you will be able to determine menu items served and amenities offered.

You can also view details in the American Airline web-site.

Bon Voyage

All American/US Airways flights over 2.5 hours serve food, so no issue there.
However if your using air miles, is does not pencil out for two short haul trips.
You are flying between two major hubs and American has starting collecting a fuel surcharge on Frequent Flyers.
American also changed the carry-on luggage size by reducing the Dimensions 2-inches. Equal in size to passengers whom are un-zipping to use the expansion features on many soft sided carry-on cases.

I found that United, US Airways & Delta have also made the reduction for carry-on restrictions.
The reduction is being enforced and is making big dollars for the airlines, this includes 1st class, even though they may let there ELITE slip by.

So, check the dimensions before you pack your carry-on and don't use the expansion zippers.