Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Gambling and Games
Register Forgot Password?

Gambling and Games Slots, Blackjack, Bingo, Bridge & more

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2002, 08:56 AM
Coconut

Default E-O Eleven?

In the Rat Pack classic Ocean's Eleven, what was Sammy talking about when he sang the song "E-O Eleven"? I think is has something to do with craps.

Thanks,

Coconut
Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2002, 09:19 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: E-O Eleven?

Hi Coconut,

I know that everytime and 11 is thrown on a crap table, it is customary to yell "YO ELEVEN". This may be what Sammy is refering to.

Joe
Old August 29th, 2002, 12:58 PM
Coconut

Default Re: Re: E-O Eleven?

Thanks Joe,
I have heard that at the craps table too. But it is pretty clear that he is saying "e-o eleven" and it is in the credits that way. Isn't there a E for even and O for odd type bet? Maybe that has something to do with it.

Coconut
Old August 29th, 2002, 04:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Coconut,

I did some Internet surfing, there are a ton if Sammy Davis Jr. sites.
On one site, I emailed the site web master,. she replyed back with the following messsage:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

That's a toughie! I did some web crawling to try and track down an answer and it's a mystery. Some other people (like the folks at cinema-scene) have also been wondering about it.

"It's just a state of mind
Whether or not you find
That place down there or heaven
But in the meantime
E-O, E-O
E-O eleven, E-O eleven, E-O eleven"

I suppose E-O could stand for any number of inside references. Sorry I don't have the answer!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you ever find out, let me know. Because now it's driving me crazy.

Thanks
Joe
Old August 30th, 2002, 10:59 AM
Admiral

Can't say for sure what Sammy is saying but I can tell you that the eleven in craps is referred to as a 'Yo as an abreviated version of a dealer yelling out "Eeeeeeee-yo-leven"
This goes back to the old days of craps in the gambling halls in the West and on the Mississippi paddlewheels.

Regards,
Thomas
Old September 3rd, 2002, 03:05 PM
Yeoman

Was told this stands for "eleven only." This is when you only bet the number eleven for the next roll (since it is a one roll "proposition bet"). Most common of course is to here 7-11 but that is a split bet where half of the amount goes the number 7 and half on 11. Hope that helps, Robbie
Old October 11th, 2002, 09:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

My understanding is that when an eleven comes up on the dice the "stickman" says it this way so it does not confuse the players and other dealers with the similar sounding seven. This is especially helpful at a table that is "hot" and loud.
Old December 4th, 2002, 12:02 PM
Michael & Mark

Default Re: Re: E-O Eleven?

E=Even; O=Odd

An eleven can only be rolled by a combination of one even and one odd (specifically, one six and one five).

So, E-O Eleven, means even, odd, eleven. E-O has turned into Yo because it's quicker to say.