Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Gambling and Games
Register Forgot Password?

Gambling and Games Slots, Blackjack, Bingo, Bridge & more

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 15th, 2003, 07:13 PM
Bomby

Default Slot Tournements?

Just wondered if anyone knows of any slot tournements on the Carnival Sensation? I am not a big slots player but I love slot tournements! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old September 16th, 2003, 08:36 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Slot Tournements?

On any cruise I have been on they have had slot tournaments. I don't ever play slots but always join in on the tournies. They are a blast. They will most likely have a sign posted at the beginnnng of your cruise letting you know when it will be. There will actually most likely be more than one. Also, it will be in your daily newsletter. Have fun and good luck!

p.s. The blackjack tournaments are a blast to! I came in 3rd place once and won a fantastic RCCL keychain!!!!!!!!
Old October 3rd, 2003, 01:12 PM
Steven Wong

Default Re: Slot Tournements?

I have a question for you slot tournament players...

I have never played in a slot tournament since I only play blackjack. I did watch a slot tournament once which prompts the following question for you experienced slot tournament players. In the tournament that I watched all of the players were banging the Spin Reels button repeatedly and as fast as they could for the entire timed duration of the competition. They did this even while the reels were spinning. Is there a reason for doing this? Shouldn't you get the same results with a lot less energy expended if you just hit the Spin Reels button as soon as they stop spinning?

-Steven
Old October 3rd, 2003, 10:40 PM
Eric& Sandi

Default Re: Re: Slot Tournements?

Not sure about the machines on the ship but most of the machines in Atlantic City the reels stop spining sooner if you hit the button. This is a built in feature for those who (wrongly ) think that they can control the out come of the spin by stopping the reels at a particular point instead of letting them spin for their preset time. Approx 3-5 sec.

Slot players should take the time to understand the technology behind these machines. When the machine is played a random outcome generator chip instanly determines the outcome of that play and the sends a signal to the reels to stop at the appropriate place to show the outcome.
And Yes they are designed to show you a winning combo on the line above or below the pay line, just to make you think you were sooo close.

Despite what people think it makes absolutely no difference to the computer chip what any of the previous plays were or how long it has been since the last big hit. Every single play has exactly the same odds ie: 1 in 9 chance of even money , 1 in 35 chance of hitting 10x your bet, 1 in 603 chance of hitting 100x your bet ect......

So moving from machine to machine, playing the same machine, jumping on a machine just after someone gets up who's been losing, pulling the handle, pushing the button, playing credits or putting you coins in by hand have no impact on the outcome of that play.

So I know the odds are bad but I love to play them anyway. Silly huh

My 4cents worth, Eric
Old October 4th, 2003, 01:52 AM
Pat Dor

Default Re: Re: Re: Slot Tournements?

Thanks Eric that was interesting. I can only add that when ever I was in those tournaments we kept banging those buttons so as not to lose a single fraction of a second. If you stood there watching the last spin and waited for it to come to a complete stop, you lost time.
Old October 9th, 2003, 11:46 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Re: Slot Tournements?

Eric-

Thanks for the answer to my question. I did not know that hitting the button actually affected the time that the reels spin. Displaying the results faster would increase the number of plays in a set time frame. I just thought that the slot tournament players looked kinda silly banging the button as fast as they could but I guess that there is actually a method to thier madness.

-Steven
Old October 10th, 2003, 02:07 AM
Pat Dor

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Slot Tournements?

Eric
I was on land based tournaments, Atlantic City, Vegas etc. These machines did not stop when you pressed the button. The reason for pressing the button before the reels stopped was to have your finger pressing that button at the very first split second the reels stopped. If you stood there, watched it stop and then raised your hand to press the button you lost valuable time in the tournament. Hope I made it clear.
Old October 10th, 2003, 02:08 AM
Pat Dor

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slot Tournements?

meant that last post for Steven
Old October 10th, 2003, 12:55 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slot Tournements?

Got it. Thanks.

-Steven