CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Gambling and Games (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/gambling-games/)
-   -   strategies of casino game (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/gambling-games/389850-strategies-casino-game.html)

marriejonsan June 9th, 2012 05:45 AM

strategies of casino game
 
Hey guys.
I like to play Casino games so much.Playing casino games is my favorite pastime.So kindly tell me the strategies for winning the casino games.

zdgp June 9th, 2012 06:30 AM

There is no strategy to win; the only strategy is to minimize losses. As “Jimmy the Greek” once said: “Nothing is as certain as death, taxes, and the house percentage”.

Lakers Fan June 9th, 2012 10:39 AM

I play the slots until I hit one bonus with a decent payout .I play one more game ,if I lose I leave the machine .I've been very successful on ship casinos but not on land casinos .

Dhill June 9th, 2012 11:02 AM

A few games call for some stratey. Like Blackjack I feel theres a lot of strategy involed in that game theres been a lot of books written about what strtegy to use in that game,The same with any kind of poker,Now games that use dice or Roullette ( which my wife and I like to play) are 100% chance no skill involed.Feel the best way to increase your chances of walking away with a little extra cash and not broke to to set a limt as to how much you can lose and stick to it.But I feel the even harder part to know when to walk away when you are winng before you start the slide back down.I have seen alot of people win pretty good then stand there until it is all gone.:)

joshef August 14th, 2012 06:05 AM

Well there is not any fix strategy that will surly make you win the game, but there are some points which I like to share. Be Aware of the Cards. Do Not Play Each Hand. Calculate Your Bluffing. Keep Your Emotions in Check.

Marsdude August 14th, 2012 08:42 AM

As has been stated before, over the long run you can not win against the house. The only game in the on board casino that you can actually win, as you are not playing against the house, is poker.

Having said that, gambling can be fun and reducing the odds for the house make it even more fun as you will loose less. The best games in the casino with the lowest house odds (on board) would be craps and black jack.

It is easy to Google and find the best methods to play these games. For craps the easiest way to play and lower the house odds is to put a minimum bet on the pass line. When the point is established, make an odds bet. If the point is a 6 or an 8 bump the odds bet up. The odds bet is the best bet on the table.

For black jack you can print out a "cheater card" on how to best play, when to hit, stand, double down, etc. Short of card counting, which most people don't take the time to learn, the card can teach you the best moves to make to lower the house odds.

My personal system is to win money at the poker table and then loose it at the crap table. It works well for the casino and keeps me from carrying around all that extra money. :rolleyes:

OldFartCruiser August 14th, 2012 09:41 AM

Steve Wynn was once asked if he knew any consistent winners in the casino. He said only the owners.

You may occasionally have a good day at the casinos, but over the long term you will lose. To minimize losses when playing slots and maybe walk away ahead; cash out after a good hit. Then put your starting money back in the machine and continue playing. That way you will not run your winning back to zero and only lose your starting money while pocketing your winnings.

O F C'er

Lakers Fan August 14th, 2012 12:29 PM

Cruise casinos
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsdude (Post 1442185)
As has been stated before, over the long run you can not win against the house. The only game in the on board casino that you can actually win, as you are not playing against the house, is poker.

Having said that, gambling can be fun and reducing the odds for the house make it even more fun as you will loose less. The best games in the casino with the lowest house odds (on board) would be craps and black jack.

It is easy to Google and find the best methods to play these games. For craps the easiest way to play and lower the house odds is to put a minimum bet on the pass line. When the point is established, make an odds bet. If the point is a 6 or an 8 bump the odds bet up. The odds bet is the best bet on the table.

For black jack you can print out a "cheater card" on how to best play, when to hit, stand, double down, etc. Short of card counting, which most people don't take the time to learn, the card can teach you the best moves to make to lower the house odds.

My personal system is to win money at the poker table and then loose it at the crap table. It works well for the casino and keeps me from carrying around all that extra money. :rolleyes:


On my last cruise I came home with $97 courtesy of a slot machine :Golden Monkeys . I played the maximum each game (a penny machine ) of $1.25 .
The premise is to climb 10 steps and when you do you automatically win a progressive jackpot .On the nights I played it ranged from $7 to $1000.00. I won 2 jackpots .
After getting to the 3rd step you have a choice of continuing to climb or trading in for $12. I traded 3x . The 4th.time I decided to climb .When you get to step 6 you can trade in for $25 or keep going .I chose to keep going .I arrived at step #10 and won a jackpot .
The exact same thing happened the next night .

7x57 August 14th, 2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsdude (Post 1442185)
The only game in the on board casino that you can actually win, as you are not playing against the house, is poker.

The rake on the ships is phenomenal. The house wins there too.

Manuel August 14th, 2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7x57 (Post 1442231)
The rake on the ships is phenomenal. The house wins there too.

If the house did not win, there would not be any casinos anywhere.

TM

7x57 August 14th, 2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel (Post 1442235)
If the house did not win, there would not be any casinos anywhere.

TM

No doubt, but a small rake can be overcome in some games depending on the skill and patience of a player (or lack of in their opponent) .

snorklr45 August 14th, 2012 09:21 PM

The most I ever won at a casino was playing poker against other people..not on a machine. I won a Hold Em tournament for $1,000. Second to that, I won a drawing for $750 cash. I walked away and gave none back to the house. That's the only way to win as far as I know.

Marsdude August 15th, 2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7x57 (Post 1442231)
The rake on the ships is phenomenal. The house wins there too.

This is true, however the cash games I played in on my last cruise seemed to be profitable despite the rake.

zdgp January 6th, 2013 08:00 AM

Money Management
 
When some people talk about their “strategy” in the casino, what they are really talking about is “money management”, not the method of playing a particular game. In order to limit your losses, you need to have a disciplined approach to managing your funds in the casino.

My game is blackjack. I play basic strategy and bet a flat amount. On any given day I will limit my loss to ten times this bet. If I hit that amount, I am through for that day. If the session lasts an hour, I stop, since an hour is enough fun for me. On a two week cruise I’ll usually play about ten times, and usually hit my maximum loss once, on average. Sometimes I leave the table when I am on what appears to be a winning streak. When this occurs, I’ll get some puzzled looks from the other players.

I enjoy being at a table with bad players, since it increases the fun. I love the look on the dealer’s face when somebody splits a pair of fives. I say a hardy “thank you” to the bad players. If it wasn’t for their losses, the house just might have to tighten up the rules for the rest of us.

I agree with Kuki on playing slots.

ryanhollmans February 2nd, 2013 01:02 AM

If you are a Gambler and if you likes to play Casino then it is very good for you but if you wants to win a game of casino then you should make some strategy.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1