Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2001, 08:22 AM
First Mate

Default St. John secluded beaches?

Anyone know of any private secluded places to get away to on St. John for nude sunbathing?
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2001, 01:36 PM
Admiral

Default Re: St. John secluded beaches?

I'm going on the voyager on the 14th...would like nude beach in either st. john or st thomas...help? thanks, ron
Old March 27th, 2001, 02:03 PM
First Mate

You must be going on Explorer since Voyager does Western Caribbean cruises. I was on Voyager last year and had a great time and will be on Explorer in September. I can't wait to get away and enjoy a week in the sun, the spa, and find a great hideaway secluded beach myself. If you know of one on St. Thomas or St. John be sure to let me know. Look forward to hearing a report from you.
Old March 28th, 2001, 02:04 AM
intrepid

According to my book on nude beaches worldwide, I offer the following info.

St John - Solomon Beach. Within National Park. 15-20 min walk from Cruz Bay.
Go to National Park Visitors Center which is just north of the main hub of Cruz Bay. Follow the Lind Point Trail which starts behind the visitors center and hike along the hillside until you get to an unmarked but well worn fork in the trail, this fork decends to Solomon Beach. No facilities or services on the beach. Rangers generally leave nude bathers alone.

St Thomas - Little Magan's Beach. The beach is northwest (to the right when facing the water) of Magen's Bay. Walk 15 mins along the waters edge from Magens Bay then go around the rocks to the small beach that is traditionally nude and popular with gay men. Caution: there are reports of intolerance of nudity on St Thomas, so inquire locally about the current level of tolerance and be cautious if you decide to go.

To bad you will not be in St Maarten, there is a wonderful nude beach there that my partner and I visited in February, not too busy, and gay popular.

Have fun and if you go, please advise on these two beaches...

Thanks

Intrepid
Old March 28th, 2001, 10:16 AM
First Mate

Thanks for the info! I think I may try to make it over to St. John and Solomans Beach. Sounds ideal. I was in St. Maarten two years ago and found Cupecoy Beach where there were all kinds of caves and such, secluded, and great for nude sunbathing! There were other gays there as well. Thanks again!
Old March 30th, 2001, 01:16 AM
intrepid

Yes! Steve, my partner and I went there this past February. I am not a beach person, but my honey had to pull me off of this beach. It was so beautiful with the rock cliffs and coves. We want to plan a week to go back there.

Cupecoy is the single best beach in the world in my humble opinion....

Intrepid
Old March 30th, 2001, 09:44 AM
First Mate

I don't blame you, I would love to spend a week on Cupecoy Beach sometime. I could live on a beach like that very easily! Again, thanks for the info!
Old March 30th, 2001, 09:47 AM
First Mate

One more question on Solomans Beach in St. John. Once I get to the island, is it an easy walk to Soloman Beach from the drop off point. Have been to Trunk Bay there and loved it, but would love to find somewhere more secluded and quiet to get in some nude sunbathing! Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old March 30th, 2001, 12:33 PM
intrepid

Steve,

I never got to Solomon Bay myself, but according to the book I now have, it is supposed to be very easy to get to. About 10-15 min walk. Just follow the directions I previously typed. That is how it appears in the book.

Enjoy, and I would love to hear about it.

Intrepid
Old March 30th, 2001, 02:29 PM
First Mate

Thanks for the info! If I have the opportunity to get to Solomans I will be sure to post my experience there, or to the beach in St. Thomas. Thanks again!