Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2001, 11:57 PM
mauricij

Default 12/01 Infinity vs. Voyager

My partner and I will be taking a cruise in December and are having difficulty deciding between taking Celebrity's Ininity or RCI's Voyager of the Seas.
This will be our first cruise. We would appreciate any suggestions/insights/comments as to which of these 2 ships we should take. Im 34 and my partner is 49.
Sponsored Links
Old September 11th, 2001, 10:25 PM
rvguys

Default Re: 12/01 Infinity vs. Voyager

We sailed the Mercury in Nov 1999, Millennium in Jan 2001 and will be sailing Infinity Feb 16, 2002. We love Celebrity. We have had wonderful times on both trips. They are relaxing. Great food, great spa, and great people we have met. We are 48 & 53, but still like to have fun. We also like to dress for dinner.

Steve & Fred

Old September 12th, 2001, 12:57 PM
Two Guys

Hey,
My first cruise was on Voyager 2 yrs ago. Loved the ship and the experience. The shear size of that ship is impressive. Only drawback was the number of kids on the cruise was alot. Currently we are booked for the Jan 26 2002 Infinity cruise. My partner has been on several celebrity cruises and say's their service is a cut above the others. They cater to the adult crowd from what I have learned. I'm looking forward to experiencing it. We are 33 and 40. mauricij wrote:
>
> My partner and I will be taking a cruise in December and are
> having difficulty deciding between taking Celebrity's Ininity
> or RCI's Voyager of the Seas.
> This will be our first cruise. We would appreciate any
> suggestions/insights/comments as to which of these 2 ships we
> should take. Im 34 and my partner is 49.
Old September 12th, 2001, 01:37 PM
First Mate

I've saild on RCL and Celebrity. From my experience, Celebrity is my choice. RCL seemed to be geared more to families, with a good number of children on board. Also, the food was not particularly exciting, and I wasn't impressed by the dancing and singing waiters, and the theme nights (color coordinated napkins??) and parade of flaming baked alaska (or whatever it was). The constant announcements on the public address system are annoying.

Celebrity is a cut above. The food was much better than RCL. The average age is older, but I found interesting people, and plenty to do. I still correspond with passengers I met on Celebrity four years ago.

I am 47, and my partner is 48. We are booked on Celebrity Mercury (his first cruise since being in the navy) sailing on 1/6/01, Rio to Valparaiso, around Cape Horn. We are very excited about our upcoming sailing.
Old September 15th, 2001, 11:56 AM
GayMDCouple

We been on RCI, Celebrity and Princess (Tony has been on 13 cruises, I have been on 43).

We actually prefer Princess, but if I was restricting it to the Infinity and the Voyager, the Infinity would definitely be the one.

Have heard only good things about the Voyager, but I really think that it is just too big.
Old September 24th, 2001, 07:46 PM
Stanley

"princess"..."too big" hummmmmmm
Old September 30th, 2001, 07:36 PM
Tom Schaefer

Just found this site...its great!
Read your comments and agree quite a bit. I have sailed on a number of the Celebrity ships and in fact, I'm sailing on the Summit next Feb with my best friend. I do admit I love Princess....believe it or not I have put a deposit down on the maiden voyage of the Coral Princess without seeing the deck plans.
As for the Voyager...I've been tied up next to her...too big for me.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Old October 1st, 2001, 05:57 PM
Warren

"As for the Voyager...I've been tied up next to her...too big for me."

Oh really? ;-)

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Warren