Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 3rd, 2002, 10:16 AM
First Mate

Default FOD on Princess?????

Has anyone else been refused by Princess when you requested and FOD reception. They flat out told me NO for an upcoming cruise and refused to host one on a November sailing that I was on. They are turning it over to the enterainment director for discussion. I would like to hear from others that have had this experience. They host single meetings and AA meetings all the time. They are trying to tell me that it is a space issue.That it is up to the cruise director, you name it, every excuse they can think of. It is out and out discrimination. Let me hear from you.
Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2002, 02:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Default Re: FOD on Princess?????

I went on the Grand Princess the week of Labor day this last sept 2001. We requested a FOD party (msg for cruise director) at the pursers desk right after boarding. We didnt hear anything so next day we went back down and explained we didnt hear anything and the person at the pursers desk said we would have to leave a msg for the catering dept i think it was?? not sure but it wasnt the cruise director. We left a written note this time for whatever dept that was the person said and the next day at 4:30pm they had a party listed in the patter for the disco. We attended and about 30-40 people showed up.
My next experience was on the golden princess the week of thanksgiving 2001. We this time called the pursers desk after boarding and left a message for the cruise director. Heard nothing and we called back several times over the next few days and i think on wed we got a personal telephone call from the cruise director. He said he was sorry and just got the message. Said he would set up a meeting but it would be hard as this sailing had so many "special private parties" that all the rooms were always taken but he would do his best to have a party the next day or so. Well no party until the final night i think at 6pm in the disco. I think that cruise director on the golden is not gay friendly. In fact just chatting with him on the phone he seemed to give off that "fake" attitude. However, the cruise director who was on the grand princess in sept 2001 was just opposite. I found him very nice and willing to work with you.
Overall i would sail the Grand anyways as i found it to be a more beautiful ship. (has more teak decking) and the golden has some problem with its stabilizers and it rolls alot.
Old March 3rd, 2002, 10:54 PM
Jeff Coudriet

Default Re: FOD on Princess?????

I second what Dave said....we were on the same sailing on the Golden. Not a good response from Princess! They had the damn thing on the last night, still we met some nice folks, and pegged the lesbians who were on the same deck as us. Too bad we didn't get to meet folks earlier in the week!

Back to Celebrity!

Jeff