Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2002, 12:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default RSVP review

I was on the RSVP cruise in Mexico on the Ecstasy, 15-25 Feb. - here's a quick review...
I had a great time, but sprained my back the second day out, so was limited in mobility.
The ship seemed to be in very good shape, for a 10 year old ship. Apparently it had just been dry-docked and refurbished a little, the month before our cruise. Food quality was quite good - Carnival seems to be doing a lot better with food, than they were a few years ago. The stops in Mexico were just ok - most seemed very much like one-another - same junk at all the little shops. San Diego was fun, but too quick. RSVP had organized a couple extra excursions for us and they seemed to be well-liked. Entertainment was a mixed bag. Sam Harris was great, very friendly around the ship. Elvira Kurt was hilarious and even did an impromptu bit while we were waitiing in the lounge to disembark (10 things NOT to say to the customs agent when disembarking ). CeCe Peniston did her VERY few hits and was only on stage for around 45 minutes. The hypnotist was hilarious and impressive (and I don't normally like those kinds of shows). RuPaul was AWFUL, tried to do a little chitchat with the audience, then said, "well, y'all are all gay so what's there to talk about." turned around and started back into her lip-synching. Almost got booed off the stage.
RSVP did all their stuff with usual great style: white underwear Party, Leather Party, Coountry Party, Black underwear Party, retro-disco party, aerobics (my favorite spectator sport). They announced their cruise for next year (they apparently cutback severely due to hard times everywhere, so only one cruise announced so far). It'll be on the new HAL ship, Zuiderdam, which looks like it'll be totally Faboo and it's apprently already sold out. I managed to FINALLY get lucky and got one of the 2 penthouse suites (after trying for 4 years).
BUT I DON'T HAVE A ROOMATE - YET - I'll be taking applications from future husbands, but I have some big restrictions/preferences ;-)
Several of us CruiseCritic board members were supposed to meet up on board but I got waylayed by my back and missed the meeting - sorry, guys...
That's it - can't wait for next year's cruise to mardi gras
Sponsored Links
Old April 13th, 2002, 11:02 PM
Sergio

Default Re: RSVP review

i was there also and it was wonderfull to be with all the gay men wow , i was so happy and i made a lot of nice friend , sorry if i do lots of faults i am a french from Canada, i did enoy all that cruise and i was doing each morning aerobic dance . it was great to have exercism i was all red each time i was doing because the sun was so hot but nice lol . i was with my nice friend and he used to go often on rsvp cruise and i espect to go on the next one for carribean the one before the Mardi Gras.
bye for now it was nice to read you
Sergio
(if you were on aerobic dance i was always in the back near of the buffet bar )