CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Gay / Lesbian Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/gay-lesbian-cruising/)
-   -   Anyone on Explorer of the Sea 6/22? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/gay-lesbian-cruising/279783-anyone-explorer-sea-6-22-a.html)

MJ May 15th, 2002 04:44 PM

Anyone on Explorer of the Sea 6/22?
 
Who's going with us on The Explorer of the Seas on 6/22? This is our first cruise. My partner and I are very excited about this. We have no idea what to expect.

Have folks reserved dinning for tables of 2? Should we be worried about having to sit with nasty homophobic middle aged couples from Wichita?
MJ

Kevin May 17th, 2002 10:31 PM

Re: Anyone on Explorer of the Sea 6/22?
 
Don't worry about homophobs. My partner and I once sat with a strait couple that I thought might be trouble, they were from Iowa. The man was gengerally a bit dazed by us (after his wife explained the situation to him I'm sure) but she thought we were the best thing since sliced bread. Everything we said she thought was the funniest thing she had ever heard. It was like the time John Waters came to springfield on the Simpsons. We brought a little excitement into boring straight peoples lives.
It may have counted as community service.
Other cruises have been the same, met lots of gay people and many nice straight people. Everyone is there to have a good time and we can liven up a boring table.

Kevin.

TJ May 19th, 2002 09:25 AM

Re: Anyone on Explorer of the Sea 6/22?
 
Hello MJ
With that many people on a ship there should be lots of boys to hook up with!!!!
TJMJ wrote:

> Who's going with us on The Explorer of the Seas on 6/22?
> This is our first cruise. My partner and I are very excited
> about this. We have no idea what to expect.
>
> Have folks reserved dinning for tables of 2? Should we be
> worried about having to sit with nasty homophobic middle aged
> couples from Wichita?
> MJ

TJ May 19th, 2002 09:28 AM

Re: Anyone on Explorer of the Sea 6/22?
 
Hello
I will be on the Explorer with my family. Please let me know how your cruise was when you get back.
TomMJ wrote:

> Who's going with us on The Explorer of the Seas on 6/22?
> This is our first cruise. My partner and I are very excited
> about this. We have no idea what to expect.
>
> Have folks reserved dinning for tables of 2? Should we be
> worried about having to sit with nasty homophobic middle aged
> couples from Wichita?
> MJ

MJ May 19th, 2002 09:41 PM

Re: Re: Anyone on Explorer of the Sea 6/22?
 
TJ:
When are you going? We are so glad we are taking the plunge and going to on the cruise. Have you done the cruise thing before? While we are not looking to hook up with other couples, far too committed for that, we are wondering if there will be other nice gay men on the ship.
MJ

TJ May 21st, 2002 08:32 PM

Re: Re: Re: Anyone on Explorer of the Sea 6/22?
 
Hello MJ
Yes you should meet some nice gays on the ship. I will be going Nov. 9th you will love the ship.
TomMJ wrote:

> TJ:
> When are you going? We are so glad we are taking the plunge
> and going to on the cruise. Have you done the cruise thing
> before? While we are not looking to hook up with other
> couples, far too committed for that, we are wondering if there
> will be other nice gay men on the ship.
> MJ

TJ May 21st, 2002 08:39 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone on Explorer of the Sea 6/22?
 
I was on the ship last week to look at some cabins for my trip. I have some pictures I took when i was there would you like to see them?
TomTJ wrote:

> Hello MJ
> Yes you should meet some nice gays on the ship. I will be
> going Nov. 9th you will love the ship.
> TomMJ wrote:
>
> > TJ:
> > When are you going? We are so glad we are taking the
> plunge
> > and going to on the cruise. Have you done the cruise
> thing
> > before? While we are not looking to hook up with other
> > couples, far too committed for that, we are wondering if
> there
> > will be other nice gay men on the ship.
> > MJ

MJ May 22nd, 2002 01:54 PM

Anyone on Explorer of the Sea 6/22?
 
We'd love to see your photos!
Send them along!
MJ

TJ May 23rd, 2002 10:41 AM

Re: Anyone on Explorer of the Sea 6/22?
 
did you get my pictures?MJ wrote:

> We'd love to see your photos!
> Send them along!
> MJ

MJ May 23rd, 2002 12:43 PM

Re: Re: Anyone on Explorer of the Sea 6/22?
 
TJ:
I only got the first and the last photos (the atrium area and ice skating rink) - the were great though! I can't wait.
You said you went on Atlantis? Exactly how gay is it? I am not SUPER gay...don't go to gay clubs. I am a gay professional, not a professional. Would I like it?
Thanks for the pictures!
MJ

TJ May 23rd, 2002 04:15 PM

Re: Re: Re: Anyone on Explorer of the Sea 6/22?
 
I think you will like it. There are lots of Doctors,Lawers and we had dinner with people who have been together 50 years. One couple grew up together and were high school class mates its nice for 7days.
Tom
http://www.cruise.experiencejunkies.com/
At this web site are some pictures of our all gay cruise we took last monthMJ wrote:

> TJ:
> I only got the first and the last photos (the atrium area and
> ice skating rink) - the were great though! I can't wait.
> You said you went on Atlantis? Exactly how gay is it? I am
> not SUPER gay...don't go to gay clubs. I am a gay
> professional, not a professional. Would I like it?
> Thanks for the pictures!
> MJ

MJ May 24th, 2002 08:19 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone on Explorer of the Sea 6/22?
 
I tried to access the site you sent. It said I needed a password, "Access Denied".
Thanks for the email.
MJTJ wrote:

> I think you will like it. There are lots of Doctors,Lawers
> and we had dinner with people who have been together 50 years.
> One couple grew up together and were high school class mates
> its nice for 7days.
> Tom
> http://www.cruise.experiencejunkies.com/
> At this web site are some pictures of our all gay cruise we
> took last monthMJ wrote:
>
> > TJ:
> > I only got the first and the last photos (the atrium area
> and
> > ice skating rink) - the were great though! I can't wait.
> > You said you went on Atlantis? Exactly how gay is it? I
> am
> > not SUPER gay...don't go to gay clubs. I am a gay
> > professional, not a professional. Would I like it?
> > Thanks for the pictures!
> > MJ

TJ May 24th, 2002 11:04 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone on Explorer of the Sea 6/22?
 
Where is your cruise taking you ?
TomMJ wrote:

> I tried to access the site you sent. It said I needed a
> password, "Access Denied".
> Thanks for the email.
> MJTJ wrote:
>
> > I think you will like it. There are lots of Doctors,Lawers
> > and we had dinner with people who have been together 50
> years.
> > One couple grew up together and were high school class
> mates
> > its nice for 7days.
> > Tom
> > http://www.cruise.experiencejunkies.com/
> > At this web site are some pictures of our all gay cruise
> we
> > took last monthMJ wrote:
> >
> > > TJ:
> > > I only got the first and the last photos (the atrium
> area
> > and
> > > ice skating rink) - the were great though! I can't
> wait.
> > > You said you went on Atlantis? Exactly how gay is it?
> I
> > am
> > > not SUPER gay...don't go to gay clubs. I am a gay
> > > professional, not a professional. Would I like it?
> > > Thanks for the pictures!
> > > MJ

TJ May 24th, 2002 04:04 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone on Explorer of the Sea 6/22?
 
I see youR doing the Western Caribbean. When you in George Town, Grand Cayman do STINGRAY ISANDMJ wrote:

> I tried to access the site you sent. It said I needed a
> password, "Access Denied".
> Thanks for the email.
> MJTJ wrote:
>
> > I think you will like it. There are lots of Doctors,Lawers
> > and we had dinner with people who have been together 50
> years.
> > One couple grew up together and were high school class
> mates
> > its nice for 7days.
> > Tom
> > http://www.cruise.experiencejunkies.com/
> > At this web site are some pictures of our all gay cruise
> we
> > took last monthMJ wrote:
> >
> > > TJ:
> > > I only got the first and the last photos (the atrium
> area
> > and
> > > ice skating rink) - the were great though! I can't
> wait.
> > > You said you went on Atlantis? Exactly how gay is it?
> I
> > am
> > > not SUPER gay...don't go to gay clubs. I am a gay
> > > professional, not a professional. Would I like it?
> > > Thanks for the pictures!
> > > MJ

bcc May 24th, 2002 09:37 PM

Re: Re: Anyone on Explorer of the Sea 6/22?
 
I would say some of you are "midwesternphobic." Why the idea that all the middle aged people that live in the Midwest (specifically Wichita and Iowa) are homophobic? I'm surprised that someone who is a member of a group that is on the receiving end of so much prejudice would automatically assume someone was homophobic just because of the part of the country they are from.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, I think you will have a great time & find that most people who "cruise" are very accepting - even those from the midwest.

MJ May 25th, 2002 10:01 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone on Explorer of the Sea 6/22?
 
Thanks that sounds great.

MJ May 25th, 2002 10:57 AM

Bad humor
 
You are absolutely right. I am sorry if I offended you or anyone. I was trying to be funny, but it should not have been at the expense of others.
MJ

Joey821 May 27th, 2002 10:04 PM

Re: Anyone on Explorer of the Sea 6/22?
 
On my last cruise my table mates were a lesbian doctor and her police woman partner who were with their midwestern sisters and niece, before that I had a large table of very diverse hetero couples, all of whom were great fun. I actually had a far better time with the straight folk. Ask for a large table which will increase the diversity and highten the chances of getting at least a few people you will click with. One of the best things about a cruise can be the people at your table, so I would think that a table for two would lessen the experience for you guys. Also if you feel the need for a dinner for two you can go to the intimate Portofino or go casual in the Windjammer upstairs. Also room service can be great especially if you have a balcony and they offer all the Main Dining room entrees as long as you order during the Main Dining room hours. Hope this helps to put your mind at ease.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1