Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 3rd, 2002, 07:53 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to travlin1
Default 1-6-03 Imagination from MIA

It's never too early to start planning! I'll be on Carnival's Imagination out of Miami on January 6, 2003,....and I'll be traveling alone. Let me know if you'll be on board too, so we can meet. I'm clean-cut, 40's, and fit into most social situations.
Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2002, 10:18 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to travlin1
Default Re: 1-6-03 Imagination from MIA

I've cancelled my cruise. It appears that the cruise lines, and Carnival in particular, can change the cruise itinerary, in any way that suits them. I booked my cruise to the Caymens and Mexico, specifically because I was to meet friends in the Caymens during the ships stop there. Imagine my suprise when I was checking my trip on the internet, to find out that all of the destinations for the boat that I booked, were changed. YES,...all the stops are different now. All of the destination countries are changed. Now, the ship goes to Key West and Belize. And, I found this out by myself. No one in the travel industry called, or e-mailed, or sent a letter to tell me about the changes. So it is costing me $100 to NOT go on the cruise. The rest of my money is supposed to be refunded. When I called to find out about this matter, I was offered the cruise out of Tampa at the same time. OF course, my airline tickets to Miami won't get me to Tampa. And why should I trust them to not do the same thing, and cancel the stop in the Caymens again? I was offered the same trip out of Miami one week later. Unfortunately, I cannot decide to change vacation weeks, and take a different week off of work. I made sure I had a certain time off, before I put money down on a cruise. My insurance money is supposesdly being refunded too. Frankly, I am stunned,....that all the cruise ports,....all of the different countries to be visited, were changed, after I had put money down and purchased airline tickets. Was I supposed to show up on January on the ship and find out at that point that everything was changed? Amazing.........