Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2002, 03:43 PM
ICU2QT

Default Explorer...Seas - October 5-12

Will be cruising again on Explorer of the Seas October 5-12...am interested if there are other gay/bi/married/single guys cruising the same week. From past experience, the fitness area is HOT...will be looking for action, and I don't mean with the wife, guys. Prefer hairy chested, masculine guys; uncut and goatee +++ Crew is always a treat!

Discretion expected and assured! Let me know.
Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2002, 06:33 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Explorer...Seas - October 5-12

I will be on the Explorer in Nov. How is the ship and will I have a GOOD time.
Old August 15th, 2002, 02:04 PM
ICU2QT

Default Re: Re: Explorer...Seas - October 5-12

Thomas -
Without doubt, if you want to have a good time, it will be there for the taking! The fitness center is FANTASTIC. There is an indoor whirlpool that is near the locker entry...you can relax and watch whose coming and going...OR...the dry or steam sauna areas are busy. After about 4:00, crew members start coming to use the facilities...they generally don't speak, so you will have to initiate a conversation. Once they "get comfortable" talking, things can get really interesting.

The ship is beautiful, big and full of activity. Are you going alone? Partner? Wife? I'm married, but as they say, "What goes on in the lockerroom, STAYS in the lockerroom." I've never encountered any problems, just had a lot of FUN. Enjoy!
Old August 15th, 2002, 03:56 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Explorer...Seas - October 5-12

I am single and will be on the Nov 9th cruise. I am from Palm Beach Florida. How many times have you been on this ship?????
Old August 15th, 2002, 06:10 PM
ICU2QT

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Explorer...Seas - October 5-12

This will be our third trip on the Explorer; and we've been twice on the voyager...a total of 11 cruises for us including this trip.

I didn't mention this before, but the ice show is fantastic and the performers on the two previous cruises tend to "hang out" in the fitness area. The man who rides the "metal ring" is N I C E... we went on two cruises within four months, so it was the same group...am hoping they are still there!
Old August 15th, 2002, 06:24 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Explorer...Seas - October 5-12

Well how were the other passingers on the curise? Where there many gays on the trip? Other than the gym where else is it GOOD to hang? The Voyger Class Ships looks to be the best so fay!!!
Old August 15th, 2002, 08:16 PM
Admiral

What ship do you think is better the explorer or voyger????
Old August 15th, 2002, 11:10 PM
ICU2QT

Default Re: Re: Explorer...Seas - October 5-12

Actually, we liked the voyager club better than the club on the explorer. On the voyager, it is called "the vault" and "anything goes". When we went, there were what appeared to be several gay couples dancing right along with us. The explorer club is more accessible, and the theme isn't as nightclubish...but a fun place to go nevertheless. I think the pool area is also a great place to hang out; the solarium area as well. There is a rock climbing wall on both ships and b-ball court, both great places to mingle and met.

As I'm married, my activities are limited to the fitness area. Perhaps some other gay travelers will provide additional insight. A lot of the crew are gay...the shops, entertainers, etc. Try to identify who this crowd is and hang around them during the various activities...I've watched other gay guys scope out the gays on the ship...I just am not able to take it that openly at this time.
Old August 16th, 2002, 05:00 AM
Admiral

Well thank you very much for all of your help. When you go on your trip maybe you can give me some more tips for my trip in Nov. THANKS for your help and when you get back from your cruise please let me know how yours went.
Do you like the Eastern or Western trip better?????
Old August 22nd, 2002, 12:00 PM
luc

can anyone tell me if celebrity cruises you have to naked in the sauna or if you need to wear swimsuites or a towel.
And is the sauna mixed or are guys with the guys and the girls with the girls?

tanks for the information

Luc
Old September 7th, 2002, 12:52 AM
ICU2QT

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Explorer...Seas - October 5-12

Most ships I have been on have a mens and womens sauna incorporated into the dressing room area (newer ships). Some of the older ships have a common area. As far as what you wear into the sauna, that's up to you. I've seen shorts, hats, socks, swimwear...towels and nude are more common.
Old October 23rd, 2002, 11:08 PM
bsnyder

Myself and a friend are sailing on the Explorer November 9 - 16th. This is my first cruise on a ship this size. Do you have any recommendations for the ports or entertainment on board.

Thanks