Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 20th, 2002, 10:23 AM
FJS0974

Default Friends of Dorothy Meeting on Carnival Holiay 1/9/03

Can anyone tell me how difficult it is or was to arrange for a "Friends of Dorothy" Meeting on a Carnival Shio, me and my friends want to go ahead and have one set up for the 1st day at sea so we can meet up with other "Family Members" so to speak. I have read in here that some cruise lines are better than other.

We set one up on the Norweigien Sea on our last cruise and they were wonderful about it, as it turns out a LARGE number of the staff on board our sailing was Gay.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old December 20th, 2002, 11:19 AM
bites

Default Re: Friends of Dorothy Meeting on Carnival Holiay 1/9/03

I've found that it's very Hit-n-miss with Carnival. Trying to arrange one through the corporate offices for a specific sailing probably won't work - they'll usually tell you to try once you're on board, by contacting the Cruise Director or one of his Assistants. I tried by going through the purser's office and was resoundingly told "no!" I then asked the CD and he said "No." So I asked an assistant who was giving off "gaydar pings" and he said he'd arrange it, but it took 2 days to get it put in the daily blurb. By that time most of the FODs on board had figured each other out and had our own unofficial cocktail parties. Carnival doesn't attract as many FODs as other lines like RCCL, HAL, Princess.
All is IMHO...