Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2003, 06:32 PM
Craig

Default Seabourn Spirit 01MAR03

Hi...
My partner and I are going on the 'Seabourn Spirit' from Singapore to Hongkong via Thailand and Vietnam beginning 01MAR03. Anyone else out there going on this cruise? Anyone have any experience with the Seabourn Spirit?

Thanks, and happy new year!
Craig
Sponsored Links
Old January 2nd, 2003, 03:01 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Seabourn Spirit 01MAR03

I sailed on the Spirit in Alaska last July. Great ship and great crew. Cruise director and staff were very nice and good company.
Old January 3rd, 2003, 10:22 PM
Craig

Default Re: Re: Seabourn Spirit 01MAR03

Thanks, JB...I've only heard good things 'bout the Spirit. We were on the the Seabourn Sun just before it went to HAL and found the service excellent.

Were the crew accepting of gay folks? How did the ship handle...was it smooth sailing? I've never been on a ship this small.

Thanks JB, and anyone else who might wish to share!

Craig

Old February 12th, 2003, 04:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Seabourn Spirit 01MAR03

I have sailed on all of Seabourn's ships. No other, and I mean NO OTHER, cruise line can compare to the excelent service and hospitality you will receive. Seabourn is very gay and lesbian friendly.
Old February 12th, 2003, 07:07 PM
Tom Schaefer

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Seabourn Spirit 01MAR03

Boy am I glad to hear that. My only cruise on Seabourn was the Sun....the most homophobic ship I ever saild on. I am not that open...so when I complained to the bar tender up in the Observation lounge that I felt so out of place being the only Gay passenger on board and getting snide comments from fellow passengers on board..he said well you are talking to the only gay crew member on board except for the CD. He was a real nice gent from South Africa.......helped me keep my sanity. If the smaller ships are completely different in a positive way, I might give Seabourn another shot....in the meantime Radisson is my wow cruise line. The best food and service out of any line traveled......
Hope you all have a great time!
Old February 15th, 2003, 05:52 PM
Craig

When Wil and I went on the Seabourn Sun, (CPT-LPA), we met a couple of gay couples. We also became friends with Maria, the harpist in the 'Stella Solaris' lounge. We didn't feel uncomfortable at all.

My one fear about the Spirit is that there are comparitively so few passengers on board so finding other gays may not happen. Well, we'll see.

Radisson vs. Seabourn? Well, my Seabourn experience so far has only been the 'Sun' and that isn't representative of their style (hence its disappearance). Radisson is sheer joy, sheer ecstacy. I hope Seabourn Spirit meets or exceeds Radisson!

Craig
Old April 15th, 2003, 04:39 AM
Craig

Tom, et. al
Re: Homophobia on Seabourn Spirit

We found that it didn't exist! We dined with the captain and the cruise director and his wife (who was one of the asst cruise directors) and were warmly welcomed. There were at least 5 other gay males aboard the ship as passengers.

I posted a review of the cruise (under reader reviews) and have started to upload some pics here.

Craig