Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2003, 02:36 PM
David MacLean

Default Gay Entertainers on Board

Hi, my name is David MacLean & I'm a gay comedian based in Toronto. I'm interested in performing onboard a gay cruise. I know that RSVP and Atlantis hire gay acts, but I was wondering if anyone was onboard a mixed ship (straight, with a contingent of lesbian/gay travelers) where they nevertheless did have gay entertainers specifically for this segment of their clients? I would be interested in hearing about who the tour provider was, who the performers were, etc.

To find out more about my act, & me you can visit my website at www.funnygayguy.com

Cheers,
David

Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2003, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Gay Entertainers on Board

David,
If your bit is aimed at 'just' a gay type audience then the answer would be 'no'. There are a number of acts that have gay/lesbian performers and some that inject their homosexuality into the act but the cruiselines do want acts that appeal to everyone on board and not just a select group. A certain segment of all cruises are gay/lesbian and due to the economics and acceptance I would venture to say the percentage is much higher on a ship than elsewhere.
Jim