Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 22nd, 2003, 06:46 PM
kellie and eunie

Default where are the lesbians!!!!

hi ..
we are going on our first cruise with olivia in a year. we hardly ever see women posting..lets talk about cruising ladies.
kellie and eunie
Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2003, 08:09 AM
Sarah T

Default Re: where are the lesbians!!!!

Hi Girls,
I'm going too, where are you both from?
Old January 23rd, 2003, 12:58 PM
Passenger

I was not sure if you are the same Kellie from before so I copied my response to this posting.......Where are you all from? We are from Florida!

Hi Kellie:

I am a lesbian and totally hooked on cruising. My partner and I have only taken two cruises, both on Carnival, the Fantasy and the Pride. They were not gay cruises but then again me and my love are ourselves where ever we go including the cruise. We were well received by all including the staff and other guests. The photographers were amazing as well when it came to taking our formal photographs. We have the most beautiful photos that look like we went to a studio displayed in our home.
Doris and I have been together for over 6 years and well you can say that we are settled. We do not go out to bars just a local martini bar or lounge with friends. Although on both our cruises we did dance til dawn.
I have never taken an Olivia cruise first due to the inflated price and second, most of their cruises are on yachts or smaller ships, unless they have changed which I do not know. RSVP is mostly men but woman do go, my cousin and her girlfriend love those cruises but sometimes they tend to be a bit rowdy for us, the boys can get wild and that is great but we work very hard and take our vacation to relax more than party. We enjoy our quality time that our busy schedules sometimes do not allow.
Doris, myself, my bestfriend and her partner will be on the Carnival Glory Sept. 6, 2003. We got a really great rate and are looking forward to relaxing and having fun. Some other friends from Texas might join us as well so I guess we will make our own group cruise! What ever ship you decide to go, I am sure you will have a wonderful time. Maybe we will see you on the Glory! If you have any questions, you can email me at typeulike@cruiseaddicts.com. Happy sailing ladies!
Old January 25th, 2003, 01:05 PM
legalmind1

Default Re: Re: where are the lesbians!!!!

Have fun ladies. We are cruising again on Aug 31, Voyager of the Seas. This is our 5th cruise together. We love it. Usually we cruise RCCL. I like their ships a lot. Never cruised carnival.

Can't wait till September

Lets talk more about cruising.
Old January 27th, 2003, 04:08 PM
kellie and eunie

were from southern california..
if you would like to e mail us here is our addy
happi211@adelphia.net
kellie and eunie
Old January 30th, 2003, 09:44 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Re: where are the lesbians!!!!

Hi to all........

My partner and I too will be on our first cruise this May. Because of the inflated Olivia cruise rates we also decided against the ladies cruise. We will sail to Alaska May 17th aboard the Prinsedam, Holland America line. Can't wait! It's a 14 day R/T from San Francisco. It's nice to read comments from other ladies. Happy sailing to all! Joy
Old January 31st, 2003, 12:35 PM
Breanne

Hi you two,
I was happy to see your message. My partner and I are also taking an Olivia cruise in a year to Mexico. We decided it was worth the extra money to be in such an accepting atmosphere etc. We have never taken a cruise and are very excited and nervous!
I have wondered whether or not I've made a good choice,but we both feel it's right.
Have a great cruise
Breanne
Old February 1st, 2003, 09:42 AM
kellie and eunie

hii...
we are also going on the same cruise as you are in jan2004 to mexico...we are excited..
where are you from? were in san diego..
kellie and eunie
Old February 2nd, 2003, 06:55 PM
Breanne

Hi there,
We are from Maine! So this is quite a big investment for us. I was reading some of the responding messages to yours on the message board and was getting a little worried. It sounded like most of the people on the board opted for something less expensive than Olivia. Someone even described Olivia as militant and another person said it was "stricted", whatever that means?? These are the first two negative descriptions I have heard thus far about Olivia, and I have researched a lot. Anyway , we're excited.
Thanks for responding, this was fun!
Breanne
Old February 3rd, 2003, 10:24 AM
kellie and eunie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: where are the lesbians!!!!

i agree breanne,
we are not afraid at all. we of you to to the oliva board you can go to their site and get reactions from people who went on the cruise. we feel it should be money well spent. we agree that thr proce is inflated to feel free to be ourselves but in this world not everyone is accepting so we need to be careful. if you want to e mail us feel free at
kellie_64@hotmail.com
thanks kellie and eunie
Old February 3rd, 2003, 02:42 PM
GT

Hi, we just returned from an Olivia cruise to the Eastern Caribbean, we had a great time, and are going to ALaska with Olivia in May and then to the West. Caribbean next year. we didn't find it "stricted" or "militant" we found it fun. we danced, ate, laughed and toured and best of all we were a couple all the time not just when we were behind closed doors. enjoy your cruise, don't be scared.

Gayemille
Old February 4th, 2003, 03:42 PM
Passenger

Hi ladies:

I have been reading the thread on your cruise and Breanne you should not feel worried. You all will have a very pleasant time. There is no such thing as a bad cruise in my book. My partner and I cruise the mainstream cruises. We tend to be ourselves regardless of the surrounding crowd. The staff on Carnival always have been very accepting to us. One day we will spend the money and probably take a cruise with Olivia. I just had a hard time with the cost because I could take 3 cruises for the price of one of their cruises. Plus I like big ships, the bigger the better. We are planning a cruise to Alaska in 2004 and I will be glad to keep you all posted if you would like. Maybe we can get enough lesbians together so we will be the majority. How about that!
Old February 4th, 2003, 07:56 PM
Breanne

Hi Cruisegirl!
thanks for clarifying, very kind of you. Have a great time in Alaska
Breanne
Old February 5th, 2003, 08:21 AM
Passenger

Hi Breanne, Kellie and Eunie,

I would love to get some feedback about Olivia when you return. My understanding of Olivia is that the atmosphere is very intimate. My partner and I have been together for 6 years and will be looking for an intimate vacation for our 10 year anniversary. Sounds far away but I know it will be here before we know it so I was starting to research and plan now. You input on Olivia will help. Thanks ladies and have a great time.

My email is: typeulike@cruiseaddicts.com
Old February 9th, 2003, 04:58 PM
2cruisinchiks

Hi girls!

Everyone has their opinions and ours is that we love RSVP. We get to totally be ourselves and the boys are so much fun. We don 't even drink, but we have a blast. This will be our 4th gay cruise when we go to the Caribbean on Feb 22. Their prices are higher than mainstream cruising, but 1/2 the price of Olivia. The guys are so welcoming to all of us.

We were on Atlantis and much prefer RSVP. Atlantis is definitely the West Hollywood party boy group. We like to dress however we want (usually t shirts and shorts) without being judged.

If you like guys, you should definitely try it. We were so nervous on our 1st trip, but were really put at ease by everyone. I don't think that guys are allowed on Olivia, though.

Feel free to email us if you have any questions. Would be great to see more girls!!
Old February 9th, 2003, 10:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

You are really missing out not going on an Olivia cruise. I have been on many straight cruises with my partner, but until I went on an Olivia Cruise, I did not know what I was missing!

It's true that you do pay a little more, but what you get in service, details, entertainment , empowerment, new friends and staffing is more than worth it! I personally know the extent of details they go through to make the trip special - they even change all the restrooms to womens restrooms, and plan for each woman to have 2 bath towels, one for their hair:-).

And the entertainment cannot be compared to what the other ship's offer. You have to try it once. The ships are not samll, unless you consider a Holland America 1250 passenger ship a small ship!

Hope to see you on a cruise some day!

Pamela
Old February 9th, 2003, 10:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Believe me - there is nothing "militant" about the Olivia trips! They are the most "freeing" experience ever! And the comedians will have you laughing until your stomach hurts - literally! Olivia thinks of everything - you feel so well taken care of from the minute you step on board. And the women aren't bad either ;-)

Pamela
Old February 9th, 2003, 10:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Cruisegirl - Yes, an Olivia cruise is very intimate. What a better place to celebrate your 10 year anniversary than in an environment that not only accepts who you are, but celebrates it too! You can dance together, hold hands while stolling down the deck, and not have to think twice about who might see you or who might make an off-color comment. We become the majority for the week. My partner and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary on an Olivia trip 2 years ago. We had a beautiful card from Olivia waiting in our cabin, and our waiter surprised us with a cake and song of "Let me call you sweetheart" - all planned by Olivia. We also participated in a group commitment Ceremony with beautiful vows and a champagne toast and cake. It was incredible. I would HIGHLY recommend an Olivia vacation to celebrate your anniversary, or for any reason!

Hope to see you on a trip!

Pamela
Old February 10th, 2003, 02:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

I am confused about the price comparison to RSVP cruise - Olivia and RSVP cruise prices are very similar!

On some trips, there may be a few categories that are more expensive, but not by much, and you really need to compare it to what Olivia provides.

I have also been on an RSVP cruise, and really, they are a nice vacation. I enjoyed it, but would have rather had a more balanced group of men and women. It was 98% men for the week, and they just do mostly the ship's entertainment and activities - but in comparison for the money, Olivia brings more and better entertainment geared towards women, more staff to do the activities and the special touches (special needs, solos coordinator, OWLS coordinator, DJ, Hospitality desk staff, dance instructor, activities staff . . . ) as well as provide extra activities such as a Commitment Ceremony, game shows, dance classes, opportunities to network with other women from your homestate, etc . . . I also like that I can call Olivia directly with any specific questions or special arrangements.

I know Olivia is also growing and will begin to offer mixed trips as well. I am excited for that, because although they will continue to offer the women's trips, they will also offer mixed trips that will be more balanced with men and women. I think that will be so cool. I have a lot of gay men friends who aren't into the "cruising" scene, (and by that I mean cruising guys - lol) but they would really love to go on a cruise comfortably with their partners and with their lesbian friends without it being 95% men, or 95% women.

I know there are a lot of options out there, but as a lesbian, I choose to support a company that has been serving the Lesbian Community for over 30 years. And besides, they really know how to throw a great party!

:-) Pamela
Old February 10th, 2003, 09:49 AM
Passenger

Hi Pamela,

Thanks for the details on Olivia. We are going to check it our for our 10 year anniversary. It is almost 4 years away but I am a planner.

I understand how everyone feels about being able to be yourself on Olivia without remarks or looks and how the RSVP traveler basically feel the same way. My partner and I have traveled mainstream only and have never been on a gay cruise or all woman cruise. We are always ourselves strolling on deck hand in hand and dance together as well. Not once has anyone made us feel like we did not belong. Even the families with kids accepted us. People tend to lighten up on a cruise or we have just been very blessed. One day we will try an RSVP cruise because my cousin and her partner take those all the time and we will be joining them for one in the future I hope. Olivia I will reserve for the special anniversary celebration. Until then, mainstream is the way we will go.

I would love to try and get a group of lesbians together for a trip to Alaska on Royal Carib. for 2004. We might be able to take up a good portion of the ship if we spread the word. Anyone who is interested, drop me a line: typeulike@cruiseaddicts.com

2cruisinchiks, are you from NJ or NY?

Thanks ladies
Old February 18th, 2003, 08:25 PM
Martine

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: where are the lesbians!!!!

Hi,
I would like to ask what the general age group is for the Olivia cruises? I only ask so that I know whether the activities will suit my taste and what age group the shore excursions will be aimed at.
Thanks.