Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2003, 07:02 PM
Two Boys Cruising

Default No FOD meeting on the NCL Majesty

Excerpt from my review posted elsewhere:

The other negative: Two of us requested a “Friends of Dorothy” meeting from Lisa, the Concierge. For those of you who do not know, the purpose of the meeting is for gay people to meet each other and socialize on the cruise. Most ships (including other NCL ships) will provide a space, put it in the Freestyle Daily and some even provide snacks. To my surprise, Lisa had no idea what I was talking about and said she would have to check with Ricky. She called back to say we needed to make the request in writing, which we did (when we asked Alex on the Norway, he informed us it was standard procedure to have one scheduled and that requesting was not necessary). Ricky then called to say that he would need two or three more written requests and could I find some others to write them. After explaining to him that the whole point was to meet others and how I could not find people I did not know, I went on to explain that for a three day cruise it was now getting to be much more hassle than it was worth. He blamed it on his bosses. Someone is homophobic, I’m just not sure who. I will be filing a formal complaint with NCL. Depending on their response, I may have to consider more friendly cruise lines.
Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2003, 05:38 PM
Two Boys Cruising

Default Re: No FOD meeting on the NCL Majesty

I spoke to the NCL Customer Relations Department today who gave me all the appropriate channels to file a formal complaint. I will be filing it tomorrow. She was very helpful and said due to the nature of the complaint, I would most likely get a personal call.

I will be anxious to hear their position on this. Based on the postings on this and other boards and the emails I have recieved, it sounds more and more like a homophobic Cruise Director on the Majesty. I will post the NCL response when I receive it.

Jeff
Old February 10th, 2003, 09:30 AM
DavidDfld

Had a similar situation on the Celebrity Millennium. They would not advertise a get together in their daily program.
Old May 27th, 2003, 03:48 PM
Two Boys Cruising

At least I finally received a response. They will continue to refuse the meetings if they want. If the Cruise Director is homophobic and wants to refuse, NCL is OK with that. The full official response is in another thread.