Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2003, 03:56 PM
Beginner

Default Bringing wine on board

Going to Alaska on the Mercury in May. Would like to bring a few bottles of wine with me in my luggage. Will this be a problem ?
Thanks for your replies......... Also, anyone coming with us on May 3rd out of San Francisco ?

Sandie & Tracy
Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2003, 06:05 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Bringing wine on board

Dear Sandie and Tracy,

I have found several different situations in the last few years. I always bring liquor on board with me. I've had 3 experiences lately (all with Princess) and each time was different. Two years ago I left out of San Juan on the Sun and there were no restrictions on alcohol. Then I traveled after 9/11 on the Dawn, again out of San Juan, they said that for safety reasons, any alcohol would be taken from you and returned to you after the cruise. Last October I went on the Grand out of LA and they didn't seem to mind people taking on liquor this time. However a nice oriental lady at the port liquor store gave me a couple of suggestions of how to get liquor on board if they don't want you to take it.

1) If it's clear, put it in a watter bottle.
2) if it's not, put it in something like an iced tea bottle.

I just read a review about a couple who brought a special bottle of wine on a cruise and had them serve it for them in the dining room and there was a $15 corking fee. Which, unless you were going to specifically drink it in the dining room, won't apply to you.

I would just call your particular line and ask there policy. If not just put in a suit case and I'm sure they won't say anything. The very worst possibility is that they will take it and return it to you at the end of the cruise

Happy Sailing-
kevin
Old March 6th, 2003, 08:19 PM
SFcruiser

Default Re: Bringing wine on board

I'm sure wine is fine since they have a corkage fee....checkout the celebritycruises.com website. We are on the mercury on March 15 so I will let you know how it goes.