Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 15th, 2003, 09:26 AM
Familiar Face

Default Pied Piper Norway 5/25/2003

Anyone else booked on the 5/25/2003 Norway cruise out of Miami with Pied Piper? This will be our 2nd Pied Piper cruise. The prices were too low to pass up!

Doug
Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2003, 06:56 PM
Randycandy

Default Re: Pied Piper Norway 5/25/2003

Hi DougB. Yes, I am sailing on the Norway with the Pied Piper group in May. I am so excited. I will be sailing by myself this time and will be staying in penthouse SO14on the Sun Deck. You should stop by and say hello. I sailed on the Millennium last December with Pied Piper and we had a great time. The group was so organized and they provided lots of things to participate in. Have you ever sailed on the Norway? I will be driving to Miami from Atlanta, kinda dread the drive but just didn't want to fly. Well, I look forward to hearing from you soon. Randy
Old April 10th, 2003, 04:44 PM
Michael and Mark

Default Re: Pied Piper Norway 5/25/2003

We're a gay couple from Boston also on this cruise. Any ideas on shore excursions also welcome. We haven't done a gay group cruise before. Are there special functions? How about dinner assignments?

The winter has been so long up here...we can't wait for this cruise!
Old April 10th, 2003, 06:04 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Re: Pied Piper Norway 5/25/2003

Hi Randy,

We're on Sky deck, K006. My lovers' brother and a mutual friend will be on board also but somewhere below decks I think! We're also driving but only from Tampa and spending a couple of days in Ft. Lauderdale. We're both desperately in need of a vacation! We sailed with Pied Piper last August on the QE2 from Southampton to New York and had a great time. The group was much smaller (20) so it will be interesting to see how they handle a much larger group (I heard 170+ somewhere).

Doug
Old April 10th, 2003, 06:17 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Re: Pied Piper Norway 5/25/2003

Pied Piper will have assigned tables so the people in the group can sit together. You should have your table assignments in your stateroom when arrive along with other information from Pied Piper. They usually have a welcome aboard cocktail party the first night and one or more during the week.

As for shore excursions, we generally like to take a snorkeling type trip. You get to snorkle, get some beach time and a relaxing sail. We've only been to St. Martin once before and if I remember correctly, we did some kind of bus tour from one side of the island to the other and sailed back to the ship. In St. Thomas we've usually done some kind of snorkle thing on St. John then shopping in the afternoon in St. Thomas. I believe NCL has a list of excursions on their web site. I don't know if Pied Piper will do anything or not with shore excursions - they may since there will be so many people in the group.