Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2003, 11:49 AM
Chris FLL

Default Serenade of the Seas - Inaug.

Hi,

Inaugural sailing Amsterdam - Boston on Aug 4th. I just booked a balcony cabin as a single at $1066! Lots of other cabins evern cheaper. Amsterdam... Inaugural voyage on a beautiful class of ship....need I say more.

Anyone else doing this?

-Chris
Sponsored Links
Old March 29th, 2003, 09:42 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Serenade of the Seas - Inaug.

I'm sure trying to work this out! Great deals!
Old March 31st, 2003, 12:09 PM
Chris FLL

Default Re: Re: Serenade of the Seas - Inaug.

Great ! The more the merrier. Just got off the NCL Sun this morning, lots of guys on board, so I was really talking this up. Sounds perfect, huh?
Old April 28th, 2003, 01:05 PM
Andy & Alan

We too have booked! Great price and the airfare through RCCL is competitive. Maybe we can meet up for a drink . 7 days at sea - heaven
Old May 4th, 2003, 11:17 AM
DaveWA

We too, have booked this cruise. "We" being myself (gay) and a female friend (straight). We're taking in 6 nights in Amsterdam before the cruise. The Gay Pride parade on Aug 2 will be a major highlight. We're in 1578 on the ship and staying at the Barbizon Palace in Amsterdam.
Old May 5th, 2003, 02:35 PM
Chris FLL

Default Re: Re: Re: Serenade of the Seas - Inaug.

Hi Dave,

Looks like we'll be neighbors. I'm in 1568. Look forward to meeting you.

-Chris
Old May 5th, 2003, 09:09 PM
JeffCoud

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Serenade of the Seas - Inaug.

Who knew this would be a big gay sailing??? In any case, my partner and I are "this close" to booking this sailing when I stumbled upon this thread! Looks like a winner I think!

Jeff
Old May 5th, 2003, 10:01 PM
DaveWA

I was reading another thread, and they were discussing a FOD party (friend of Dorothy). Sounds like you can request it from the cruise line, and maybe if we get enough takers, they'll throw us a party! My count has us nearing 11 already (13 if we count the girls). They need 25 for a cruise critic party. If we can find 12 more, we might have enough. Any thoughts?
Old May 6th, 2003, 09:23 AM
Chris FLL

Regarding the FOD party, I think you can request it be inserted into the daily bulletin, suggesting a meeting place and time, and who ever shows shows. Don't think it requires a fixed or minimum number. Just had a similar experience on NCL...they posted a time and place, and thr drinks were up to you. But a lot of fun, and a nice way for everyone to get to know one another.

-Chris
Old May 8th, 2003, 02:01 PM
Chris FLL

I'm about to be out of town for a bit, but I'll check with RCCL when I return and see how they go about handling FOD parties. If anyone has suggestions.....

Chris.
Old May 8th, 2003, 11:47 PM
lasolas2

hey couple in their early/mid 30's thinking of going on said cruise....Any others in our age group going?
Old May 9th, 2003, 12:50 AM
DaveWA

Early 50's here traveling with early 50's straight female. Adam is going with several who are younger than me, but older than you. Go for it, I should be fun.. you DO know it's Gay Pride in Amsterdam the four days before the ship leaves, don't you?
Old May 9th, 2003, 05:13 PM
lasolas2

Thanks for replying....:-)
We're holding a cabin...Wish the're was a way to find out how many of "us"there are on the ship?...Do you know of any other notice boards?

Mark
Old May 14th, 2003, 09:40 PM
JeffCoud

We have generally requested FOD parties once on board. If you try to go through the RCCL offices they probably won't know what the heck you're talking about! Shoreside operations ain't always too darn bright! But if we can think of a day/time to have it (hmmm....7 days at sea, do you think we can squeeze it in?) we can all request it and go from there. Or make our own party whether it gets into the bulletin or not.

Jeff
Old May 14th, 2003, 09:42 PM
JeffCoud

Sounds like there are a bunch of us....haven't check the G/L board over at CruiseCritic.com yet though. We are both 40....our last birthday!

Jeff (and Robert)
Old May 15th, 2003, 10:25 AM
DaveWA

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Serenade of the Seas - Inaug.

Hey Jeff (and Robert),
Saw your name on the CruiseCritic board and recognized it again here. There is a growing number of us on this cruise. I think I've counted 13 so far. Should be lots of fun. Adam (above) has about 7 in his group alone plus a straight female. I am traveling with a straight female as well. We're both in our early 50's.
Old May 17th, 2003, 04:16 PM
jeffcoud

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Serenade of the Seas - Inaug.

Dave--did you sign up for the Cruise Critic party yet??? Very much looking forward to sailing across the atlantic. Are you going early to Amsterdam??

Jeff
Old May 17th, 2003, 07:33 PM
DaveWA

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Serenade of the Seas - Inaug.

Yes, I signed up for the CC Party. We are arriving on July 29th and plan to spend all but one day in and around Amsterdam. Saturday is obviously spoken for!. The parade should be great. JoAnn and I have an agreement that Saturday is "my" day. With her being straight, I don't expect her to make this a "gay " holiday. She's certainly up for meeting everyone and having a good time. I want to go to at least 1 of the gay bars, but I'm puzzled about where to go and whether I should go alone. I found one bar (Stablemaster) where you check your clothes at the door. I think that's going too far. Wouldn't mind seeing a sex show while I'm there. The Cockring looks promising for that. Friday, Aug 1, we're flying to Liverpool England to visit friends for the day. It was cheap, what can I say!jeffcoud wrote:

> Dave--did you sign up for the Cruise Critic party yet??? Very
> much looking forward to sailing across the atlantic. Are you
> going early to Amsterdam??
>
> Jeff
Old May 18th, 2003, 12:46 AM
Roy Castle

Hi guys, there will be 5 more guys on deck 8, so lets have fun. Do you think there are enough of us for a private dining room?? How about a friedns of Dorothy party 3 or 4 nights??
Old May 18th, 2003, 09:38 PM
DaveWA

Radiance and Brilliance 1568 are category C. Did you know that 1568 on Serenade is a category A?

If I booked a category A, and the Radiance and Brilliance deck plans identified it as category C, I would have been concerned. What i'm hoping is that you booked 1568 as a category C, and they bumped you up. Now that would be cool.
Old May 24th, 2003, 02:28 PM
manheck

Hi guys, my Partner and I will be on this cruise with another couple. Glad to see there will be so many of us on board
Old May 26th, 2003, 06:34 PM
JeffCoud

Ok Adam....you were on the Brilliance transatlantic last year. What's the best place for us to plan on a FOD party, or several? Is there a martini bar type place on these ships? Please advise! Do most folks have late seating for dinner? I had heard that there might be only one seating for dinner and they are holding the ship to 1400 passengers....don't know if that's true though.

Here's the summary of who's going...did I miss anybody? Can you tell it rained here in DC all weekend???

Cruisemates list
jeffcoud@aol.com -- Jeff and Robert from DC. Cabin 9238.
dgriley@attbi.com -- Dave and Joann from Vancouver, WA. Cabin 1578.
lasolas2@aol.com -- Mark and ?
chris@championkail.com -- Chris. Cabin 1568.
manheck@aol.com --
rvcastle@aol.com --
bobotash@aol.com -- Andy and Alan from Miami.
Bigone7202@aol.com -- Adam and ?

Cruise Critic list
SpaceWaiter@yahoo.com -- Randy and Chuck from Phoenix.
"dagirls" from Chicago.
Pikapdude@aol.com or briguy118@aol.com -- Brian and Noel.
mtbny7@aol.com -- Michael and Bill from NYC.

Jeff
Old May 27th, 2003, 09:04 PM
Roy Castle

Jeff - please add me to Adam on your list, we are in cabin 8120.
We are located outside DC in Maryland. We are staying at the Center City Crowne Plaze from the 1st to the cruise.
Also please add Larry and Joe cabin 8132
and Billy and Susanne 8134.
Thanks
Old June 1st, 2003, 12:50 PM
DaveWA

Patrick van Tongeren, who is on our cruise, has created a website specifically for our sailing on the Serenade. Places for profiles, links to pictures, news stuff etc. Really looks like he did a nice job. Check it out.

http://www31.brinkster.com/serenadecruise/
Old June 17th, 2003, 09:50 PM
DaveWA

Where si everyone? We had a good thread going, and everyone left! Still looking forward to this trip and hope to meet others who are staying in Amsterdam before we sail.
Old June 22nd, 2003, 12:39 PM
JeffCoud

We're still here.....have just been busy at work. We are booked at the Crowne Plaza Americain. Seems like a decent location. I think we arrive into Amsterdam on 7/31.

Jeff
Old June 27th, 2003, 10:45 AM
DaveWA

I'm really getting excited now. We only have 31 days until we leave for Amsterdam. We are spending 6 nights before the cruise at the Barbizon Palace, across from Centraal Station. Look forward to meeting everyone!
Old June 28th, 2003, 08:11 PM
Roy Castle

We finally have our airline reservations leaving DC on July 30 to Philadelphia and then Phila to Amsterdam on US Airways. We will be staying at the Crowne Plaza Center City.
Hope to see all of you over there.
Roy
Old July 11th, 2003, 03:59 PM
Passenger

We are thinking of going on this ship next Feb -When you all get back, I'd love to get the reviews. Thanks
Old July 20th, 2003, 11:36 AM
DaveWA

Thought I would post this and bring our thread back up to the top of the list. It's getting really close to sail day, and maybe, just maybe, we'll find some more family joining us on this cruise.