Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 21st, 2003, 11:30 PM
Cruising Single

Default Looking 4 suggestions on cruising alone

Hi. I have never been on a cruise, but want to try my first in the next month or so. Problem is, none of my friends are interested in going. Does anyone know a good cruise line for going alone? Or a website where maybe I can meet someone who wants to go on a cruise too? I'd prefer to go with someone, and was hoping there was a way to meet other singles interested in cruising so I won't have to pay the extra fare. Thanks for any suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Old April 27th, 2003, 09:12 PM
High Seas

Default Re: Looking 4 suggestions on cruising alone

try Pied piper travel out of NYC - You can tarvel with the group & they will arrange a share if you do not want a single cabin.

Old May 11th, 2003, 07:20 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Looking 4 suggestions on cruising alone

I spent last summer cruising the Mediterranean--totally solo. I took Royal Olympia Cruises (five of 'em!) and went everywhere. Although they are almost entirely straight, you will run into a few guys from US and Europe. The ports of call are exciting. I would recommend either the Explorer or Voyager (other ships are older) and see if you can get your travel agent to work in a week stop-over in Mykonos--You would just party all week and then take the ship on its next go around. Basically, it is a small, friendly company (and the only Greek cruise line).
Old August 10th, 2003, 02:53 PM
jollyguy4

I'm also looking for a cruise partner. To go single is cost prohibitive. Have you found a cruising partner or still looking? I live in Ft Lauderdale area so I prefer cruises leaving from this port; miami is an alternative. I do not smoke or drink. We can explore further if you have aany interest.
Larry
Old August 10th, 2003, 08:36 PM
ti2gr

I'm in Fort Lauderdale as well Larry. I agree that cruising solo is cost prohibitive. Earlier this year I booked through the roomshare program at Pied Piper Travel for teh Nov 30 Millennium cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. Looking forward to a cruise again, and hey, maybe we can do one sometime since we are practically neighbors and I don't drink or smoke either

Scott
Old August 12th, 2003, 12:49 PM
mike & jon

Default Re: Re: Re: Looking 4 suggestions on cruising alone

scott and larry...well, we're not single but also in wilton manors. u BOTH might meet some neat guys on 11/22 at the alibi; a bunch of them and i think mostly single going on the rssc voyager wish u the best of luck. we're getting married in vancouver bc in sept. and then alaska cruise, otherwise would be interested in that voyager cruise...still room there, but that is an expensive all-balcony ship. who knows, u might be interested lol....mike and jon
Old August 12th, 2003, 01:01 PM
mike & jon

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Looking 4 suggestions on cruising alone

ps. forgot to tell u...that's on the gay and lesbian board there. DO LOOK at the posts...these guys are too funny..especially towards the last on page "6". tata
Old August 12th, 2003, 06:26 PM
ti2gr

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Looking 4 suggestions on cruising alone

Mike and John,

I'm in Middle River Terrace and I'm going on the 11/30 Millennium cruise. The Alibi is a nice place to meet.

Scott
Old August 13th, 2003, 01:07 AM
Mattinla

If you're a social person, you will always be able to meet people traveling... I have traveled solo for years. And on a cruise ship, you will always find family. As mentioned by others, your best bet to find a gay group on a regular cruise, and the agent organizing it will probably be able to set you up with a share. Pied Piper is the biggest, but there is also outcruising.com, cruisingwithpride, etc. There's also a travel agent who specializes in finding cruises where they are offering special single rates. yourowncabin.com should point you in the right direction.

Also several cruise lines such as Costa, HAL, Cunard and all the ultra luxury lines lower the single supplement on lower categories...
Old August 16th, 2003, 07:39 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to CruiseLuvr

Hi Guys

I have went on all 7 cruise alone. I sure wish I had a cruise buddy. I'm kind of afraid to do the share program. I've heard some horror stories about that. I understand there is a group of gay people sailing from Miami on October 18 or 19. There might be 100 or more gay people on it. I was thinking about taking that cruise on the NCL but changed my mind and am sailing Nov. 2 on the Carnival Paradise, a completely non-smoking ship. Sure would love to meet some travel buddy. To share the shore tours in port..

Jeff