Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 22nd, 2003, 10:12 AM
1st time cruise

Default NCL Dawn from NYC 6/22

For anyone else that's going on this cruise. Did any of you get any information on shore exscursions (sp?)? Atlantis only mailed us our copy of our bill. They said they would send more info on the cruise. It's been over a month now. Also, anyone hear who's going to be entertaining? Thanks for any info.
Sponsored Links
Old May 23rd, 2003, 10:18 PM
MartyParty

Default Re: NCL Dawn from NYC 6/22

My Partner Ray and I are on this cruise. I booked it about 2 weeks ago on gaytravel.com. We got a great price ($699.00) for an inside cabin. We have
received absolutely nothing including our cabin #. We have a guaranteed
inside cabin and that is all we know. This is our first Atlantis cruise,
though we have done over 25 RSVP cruises and events since 1991. We just went
on the HAL Zuiderdam RSVP cruise for Mardi Gras in March and weren't planning
on this, but I decided to surprise Ray for his 50th birthday this year with this one
because the price was so good. We are really excited. The Dawn appears to be
a wonderful ship and while the ports are not that exciting, we are looking to pre
and post cruise days in NYC. Haven't been there since I was in college! Anyone
with inexpensive hotel recommendations in NYC please reply. Less than a
month away !!
Old May 26th, 2003, 10:58 AM
1st time cruise

Default Re: Re: NCL Dawn from NYC 6/22

Wow, that's a great rate on a cabin. I'm sure we will all have a great time.

I just wish more info would be sent on other things going on so we can plan. I'll give a shout to Atlantis this week and see what is going on.

Thanks
Old May 26th, 2003, 02:57 PM
MartyParty

Default Re: Re: Re: NCL Dawn from NYC 6/22

Where are you guys from ? When do you plan on getting to the city and are you going to stay afterwards? I've done some research on more affordable hotels in the city
as well as some of the other things to do while there. You can email me directly
if you'd like and we can share info. mlmania@pacbell.net. Hope to hear from
you!
Marty Party
Old May 26th, 2003, 11:47 PM
Two Boys Cruising

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: NCL Dawn from NYC 6/22

To all looking for info on the NYC cruise:

Atlantis is notoriously LATE getting out info. They will put a link on the web-site first that shows the detailed itinerary and information. You will get your mailed copy literally just before you head to the airport. Friends have had to fly to meet the ship without their cruise tickets and pick them up at the ship because Atlantis did not mail them in time.

All the entertainment will be announced on that web-site link EXCEPT the "big name" entertainer. Rumors fly around the ship all week, but it is never announced until the night before their show (which is usually the next to the last night of the cruise).

Jeff
Old May 27th, 2003, 12:17 AM
Two Boys Cruising

Go to ncl.com and the "shore excursions" link at the bottom of the page. You will see the listing for the Atlantis cruise and the link to pre-request your excursions (highly recommended based on past experience).
Old May 27th, 2003, 08:58 AM
1st time cruise

Thanks for the info. I'm glad that they are just late with the info and didn't forget about us. Any ideas who the entertainment is this year?
Old May 27th, 2003, 12:04 PM
Jim W

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NCL Dawn from NYC 6/22

Thanks for the info
Old May 28th, 2003, 11:02 AM
Beginner

Hey guys,
Getting closer to the Trip, still nothig from Atlantis. Last year we took the Mediterrean Cruise and we got the information only a week before. We haven't hear anything about the special guest either. The Atlantis cruises are very relax/informal compared to RSVP. No formal night and not so many themes parties. Atlantis only have two theme parties, one is the "Carnaval" and one is the "White Party". So start getting your outfits ready. Besides that they have GREAT tea dances every afternoon and the Club Disco at night. But if you want to relax there are always areas to do so, specially in a ship this size. Be ready to have a great time! My opinion about excursions is that sometimes (most of the time) they are overpriced, so be careful. Have FUN!1st time cruise wrote:
Old May 28th, 2003, 01:00 PM
Two Boys Cruising

To add to the above: The third night theme party is "Caribbean" or "Tropical". The three tea dances are dog tag (lots of army fatigues), Beach (loud, bright), and Disco (lots of 70's costumes). People carry on trunks of costumes, so plan and pack yours too!
Old May 28th, 2003, 02:15 PM
Beginner

HEY, I guess we missed those theme parties in our cruise, or we just don't remember (To much "PARTYYYY"). Most of the time we spent at the pool only wearing swimming wear So, don't forget to bring a selection to wear, depending on the your mood!
Old May 28th, 2003, 08:41 PM
1st time cruise

Thanks for the info. We got another advertisement in the mail today for the cruise. I wonder if they are having trouble booking this cruise for some reason?

As for the parties. What is the white party?
Thanks
Old May 29th, 2003, 06:59 AM
Dan and Peter

Default Re: Guarantee inside pricing

Hi Marty;
We are thinking about this Atlantis June 22, 2003 sailing but can't find the low price you paid. Can you give us any help?

We sailed this ship over New Years. She is very nice, some problems with the dining rooms and deck space but we enjoyed her. She is a great ship for Atlantis as she is very informal. We too have been on many cruises both Pied Piper,RSVP. We are booked on the Zuiderdam for Aug. 30, 2003, as we got almost give awayy rates for this sailing. Deluxe Verandah Suite for $579.00 plus taxes. Inside and standard Verandahs for less. We have found about 14 other guys on this sailing through the different links.

Dan and Peter
Old May 29th, 2003, 08:37 AM
Beginner

The White party its just like any other party in the Ship, its just that everyone (most)dress in white. From little skimpi shorts (if you have the body or the guts) to white long gowns (if you want to wear that wedding gown of your dreams) and of course anything in between. I think the idea of the party comes from the circuit "White Party" in Miami. Again its just for fun, you dont even have to dress white if you dont want to, but why not join in and have fun? A&V
Old May 29th, 2003, 05:05 PM
Two Boys Cruising

We sailed this ship with Atlantis in January and it is a great ship for Atlantis. They are having trouble selling this itinerary though. The cheapest fares are on Orbitz.com under gay travel. Or Atlantis is offering $99 round trip airfare from anywhere if you book through them direct. Which would be cheaper depends on where you are flying from. The ship has already sold enough to be a good time.
Old June 1st, 2003, 08:10 AM
First Mate

Default Re: NCL Dawn NYC 6/22, best rates.

Found the best prcing here:
Travelpride, www.travelpride.com We're a small boutique agency that books A LOT of Atlantis. We also offer a $25 per person on board credit on gay cruises.
$699 inside
$899 outside
$999 balcony
all rates per person based on double occupancy plus port/gratuities of $187/$75
Staterooms will be assigned, I believe like a week before the cruise. Tho we constantly hassle Atlantis on your behalf as much as possible.
Old June 9th, 2003, 05:44 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to jon

Hey, I'm sailing on the cruise with 7 other fiends, and was would if there was anyone else in our age group, 20-23.

Jon
Old June 9th, 2003, 05:57 PM
Frank & Mike

Jon,
I am 24 and my partner is 30. Both from NJ.
Old June 13th, 2003, 07:28 PM
Jim and John

I called and they told me to go into www.atlantisevents.com and click on "New York Cruise current guests please click here".... all the info about the cruise is listed! You will get your tickets at check in at the pier....VERY IMPORTANT...you have to contact them to "confirm your space"..you can do it on line!!!
Hope to see you guys on the 22nd!