Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 27th, 2003, 03:46 PM
Two Boys Cruising

Default NCL will continue to refuse FOD meetings!

I finally received my answer back from NCL. Obviously they are no more gay friendly than any other cruise line. It boils down to whether the Cruise Director is gay friendly and wants to allow it. If the Cruise Director is homophobic and refuses, NCL is OK with that. The official response:

"Thank you for your patience while we reviewed your recent letter. We apologize for the delay in response.

Norwegian Cruise Line has always enjoyed an excellent reputation, and we take great pride in our cruise product and service. We strive for all of our passengers to have nothing but a thoroughly enjoyable vacation and every effort is made to assist our valued guests with any requests they may have.

For future reference, guests who would like an activity posted in the Freestyle Daily or Cruise News must submit their request to the cruise director, for their approval, in written or verbal format. Our Cruise Director will then determine if space can be allotted for the function, as well as a time and location for the activity. Please note, some requests will be denied if the length of the cruise does not permit the scheduling of additional activities. Further, all requested activities will only be held once per cruise, unless subsequent meetings are requested.

We apologize for any difficulties you encountered when attempting to secure meeting arrangements or if the actions of staff members indicated, in anyway, a lack of concern for your interests.

We appreciate you participation in teh cruise and look forward to teh pleasure of your company on future sailings.

Sincerely,

Stacy D. Williams
Coordinator
Customer Relations"

Interestingly, I did everything thing they requested. I asked verbally. I was then told it would need to be written. I asked in writing. I was then told I would need to find more to make formal written requests. NEVER, was the length of the cruise or available space called into question. I was just continually given the run around by the CD on the Majesty. My other post gives the full details.

There you have the policy. Keep that in mind when spending your gay dollars.
Sponsored Links
Old May 30th, 2003, 02:02 PM
Two Boys Cruising

Default Re: NCL will continue to refuse FOD meetings!

Today I caught up with Stacy and talked with her personally. I got the impression that she had really "worked" my complaint with upper management. She did say that FOD should be accomodated if at all possible based on that policy and that if we had any future problems to have the ship call her directly and she would take care of it while we are still on board. I also let her know I was publishing this, so if you are sailing NCL and run into FOD problems, you have Stacy Williams to use as a resource.

The mistake I made was not formally registering a complaint before I left the ship and it is what I say vs. what the CD says which of course can produce nothing. If you do have a problem in the future, document it on board with the staff.

Again, NCL's policy is to accommodate FOD unless their are space limitations.
Old June 3rd, 2003, 07:47 PM
couple-n-fll

2 boys!! Email us!! We've been wanting to get in touch with you!! Still waiting for our pics from the March Atlantis Cruise!!!! =)
Old June 4th, 2003, 04:25 PM
Admiral

Very interesting! I am really surprised at the attitude of the CD as in many cases a number of people under his direction are gay. Heck, even if he disapproves of gays in general he must understand that it is a fact of life and that they have just as much right to be accomodated as anyone else. There are also some very good CD's that are openly gay as well!
Jim

Old June 20th, 2003, 04:27 PM
cruise pup

Very interesting and upsetting considering how much business is donw with NCL and AtlantisEvents, especially when the Captain of the Norwegian Star tells the sellout cruise that AtlantisEvents is their best customer!