Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 9th, 2003, 11:07 PM
Beginner

Default coral princess alaska aug 30

Gay couple from Ft Laud. heading in search of glaciers, whales and eagles. Any others sailing?
Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2003, 05:55 PM
mike & jon

Default Re: coral princess alaska aug 30

hi also from fort lauderdale (wilton manors) we're going sept. 8 unfortunately one week later...but if you're on dawn princess (could be a bit of luck) and meet anyone who could hook up with us for drinks or whatever please let us know! maybe we could compare cruises when we return...what ship are you on? mike and jon
Old July 1st, 2003, 06:02 PM
mike & jon

sorry...just ssw u're on coral princess but maybe we can still compare cruises when all back in fort lauderdale...give us an email and have a great trip! mike and jon
Old July 13th, 2003, 11:12 AM
Passenger

Hi guys,
We're thinking about going on the Coral Princess on 8/30 as well. Are you planning any extended offshore activities after the cruise (we're planning on the package to Denali with the train trip).

-Patrick & Rick
Old July 15th, 2003, 11:20 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: coral princess alaska aug 30

Patrick, we booked this trip quite a few months ago, and saved alot thru cruises.com.
My aunt and uncle( very experienced cruisers )did this ship and raved about its amenities and itineraries. Princess was one of the first large cruise lines to begin
doing Alaska. They get first dibs on itineraries and ports of call. Having been fortunate
to have done an alaskan cruise a couple of years ago (Holland America), and the ridiculous amounts of research I have done, (Travel agents,cruise message boards and clients) I'm pretty confident that we made the right decision. In response to your ? about extending the trip, we are staying in Seward for 3 nights. The research I did in regards to the cruise lines Denali train trips didn't interest us especially after speaking to a peer of Garys who just happened to have lived in Seward for a few years.
He said Seward had lots to do, amazing scenery and great hiking .The Denali train trip
does't take you into the heart of the park(another 3-4 hrs) and can be pretty touristy. Hope this message helps, any more ?'s please don't hesitate. If you do decide on this
ship and date make sure you book on her starboard side and ask for a particular cabin (if available). If you do not request a particular cabin they may upgrade you which may
move you to her port side.This may not bother some but since this ship only goes one way the scenery changes as you head north keep getting better and better as you skirt the alaskan coast.The mini suites on the Dolphin deck have the biggest balconies, thats where we are. Good Luck !
Old July 16th, 2003, 10:44 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: coral princess alaska aug 30

Where are you guys going to stay in Seward? Looks like the Seward Windsong Lodge is OK (nothing better than AAA 2 diamonds in town). We're now booked on the Coral Princess Aug 30. What did you guys choose for dining options?

-Patrick & Rick
Old July 16th, 2003, 06:29 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: coral princess alaska aug 30

Hi guys, glad to hear about your booking, FOD and all that. After looking at the limited
choices in Seward in regards to our "standards of comfort" requirements, I found a website that lists rental properties in Seward. Great selection,all different kinds of units
some houses some cabins. Some have views of resurrection Bay or the Harbor,within walking distance to downtown very private,110-125 p/nite includes continental b'fast. Web page to view all properties; www.alaskaview.com or alaskaspointofview.com. Ph;
907-224-2323.Any more ?'s ,don't hesitate. Off to yoga and the gym (the more I lose before the trip the more I get to eat on the trip,otherwise someone may mistake me for a bear)!! Nite.
Old July 17th, 2003, 11:28 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Re: coral princess alaska aug 30

Hi guys, me again. Forgot to answer your ? about our dining option. We chose p/choice since we have pretty full days in ports with shore exursions. Later.