Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 17th, 2003, 09:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Residensea 6/22-6/28 (SF to Vancouver)

Just wondering if there is anyone else on this board that is going to be aboard during these dates. My partner and I would like to meet other fun/interesting people for cocktails/dinner/whatever...Respond to this board or to flyme69@hotmail.com .
--Ken
Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2003, 12:42 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Residensea 6/22-6/28 (SF to Vancouver)

My partner and I are leaving for 12 days on the Brilliance of the Seas on 6-29, so we will not be on-board, but I would love to know your impressions when you return. I know that Residensea is in the process of declaring bankruptcy soon, so I don't know how much longer they will be in business. I have a friend who works on-board and she has opted not to renew her contract due to the impending bankruptcy. She said that the ship is beautiful and very nice---as long as you are not expecting the typical cruise experience. Have a great time and I can't wait to hear what you think about it!
Pete
Old June 22nd, 2003, 03:01 PM
Christopher

Default Re: Re: Residensea 6/22-6/28 (SF to Vancouver)

We toured this ship while it was in dock last winter in San Diego. What an amazing ship. We were able to tour all the homes, and the studio rentals. The staff seemed pretty great. It is more like a floating Four Seasons rather than a cruise ship! More for the independant traveller. We saw several other gay couples on board. I had heard that they have sold over 1/2 of the homes on board, but the maintence fees were VERY high ($100,000-$300,000 per year) and you have to pay cash (no loan) for your home (1.2m-6m). The ship will continue to sail, but the original owners may take over ship from builder and self fund the ship.

Let me know what you think.

CH