Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 21st, 2003, 10:52 AM
Passenger

Default Celebrity Millenium 11/30/03 Gay Group Cruise

Anybody else going on the great Post Thanksgiving cruise aboard Celebrity's Millenium with 2 Gay groups onboard from Pied Piper Travel and OutCruising.com? Just booked a Balcony stateroom for less than $800/person! LET'S GET A BIG GROUP ABOARD! 2 Single GMs (35 & 41, Wash, DC Burbs).
Sponsored Links
Old June 21st, 2003, 12:13 PM
Brandon

Default Re: Celebrity Millenium 11/30/03 Gay Group Cruise

Where is she sailing too? Is that a Southern Caribbean itinerary?
Old June 21st, 2003, 05:11 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Celebrity Millenium 11/30/03 Gay Group Cruise

Hi Brandon,

It's a 7 day Eastern Caribbean Iteniary: Ft. Lauderdale to San Juan, PR to Casa de Campo, Dominacan Republic to Nausau back to Ft. Lauderdale, plus extra days at sea.
Old June 22nd, 2003, 06:08 PM
ti2gr

Default Re: Re: Re: Celebrity Millenium 11/30/03 Gay Group Cruise

I'm booked on that cruise!!!

sharing a room with somebody that the TA has arranged. Single/43/Fort Lauderdale
Old June 22nd, 2003, 09:13 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Celebrity Millenium 11/30/03 Gay Group Cruis

Great Ti2gr! The more the merrier, especially us single folks! Look forward to meeting you onboard.
Old June 23rd, 2003, 11:07 AM
ti2gr

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Celebrity Millenium 11/30/03 Gay Group C

Yes, especially us single folks!
Old June 25th, 2003, 09:36 AM
rklrkl

count two more in. Seems so far away. We booked through pied piper
Old June 25th, 2003, 04:59 PM
ti2gr

I also booked through Pied Piper
Old June 25th, 2003, 05:17 PM
Passenger

Hi rklrkl, Outstanding! Sounds like the momentum is build! From where are you traveling ? It does seem like a long time off. I guess we will all have to take interim summer holidays until the Fall arrives. I booke with OutCruising.com because they had lower rates, but I see that Pied Piper has dropped their rates as of 6/23/03, so you might check back for a refund if you booked before then. Look forward to meeting you onboard. Brian

rklrkl wrote:

> count two more in. Seems so far away. We booked through pied
> piper
Old June 25th, 2003, 05:45 PM
ti2gr

From the Pied Piper website:

If you had made a reservation with us and a lower fare becomes available, we will adjust your booking accordingly, subject to the cruise line's approval. Adjustments to cruise fares are usually not made once the final payment has already been processed.

Scott

Looking forward t this cruise and just found out it will be $145 less!
Old June 26th, 2003, 01:32 PM
rklrkl

hey everyone. I contacted Pied Piper yesterday about the price drop and they were going to look into it, and indeed they now have lowered thier prices. Good for us. Will have my travel agent contact them today to have the $ adjusted. Also you might want to keep in mind that Celebrity has mailed out coupons to thier Captains Club members for a $50 shipboard credit (more money for coctails).
We will be flying down a day early so we might want to all arrange a FOD party at one of the local watering holes the night before.
Old June 26th, 2003, 05:12 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Celebrity Millenium 11/30/03 Gay Group C

If my traveling companion and I come down the night before, getting together early would be great. I was in Ft. Lauderdale on Memorial Day Weekend (failed attempt to cruise the S/S Norway-cruise cancelled after the tragic explosion) and stayed at the Pineapple Point Guesthouse. I highly recommend it!
Old June 26th, 2003, 10:01 PM
ti2gr

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Celebrity Millenium 11/30/03 Gay Gro

I'd be happy to get together the night before the cruise. Easy for me since I already live in Fort Lauderdale :-)
Old June 28th, 2003, 11:02 AM
NancyRenfro

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Celebrity Millenium 11/30/03 Gay

Are there any girls on this cruise? We would like to come.
Old June 30th, 2003, 01:08 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Celebrity Millenium 11/30/03

Hi Nancy,

You all should definitely come! I haven't heard from any other women, yet but that does not mean that there aren't any in the group, since not everyone knows about this website. The last Gay Group Cruise I sailed on had about 20% women. I suggest that you contact the two travel agents that are putting the groups together and ask aboout the current group demographic. They are PiepPiperTravel.com and OutCruising.com. Needless to say, since these are straight cruises with Gay groups onboard, there absolutely will be women onboard the ship, the question is will they be members of our group. Hope that you decide to come along! Brian

NancyRenfro wrote:

> Are there any girls on this cruise? We would like to come.
Old July 1st, 2003, 12:10 PM
Passenger

My partner Jon and I (26 and 38) will also be on this sailing! We did the same cruise 2 years ago and had a great time.

I'd be happy to entertain questions from any first-timers.

Ed
Old July 1st, 2003, 03:52 PM
Passenger

Hi Ed,

Glad you and Jon will be along. How many people were in the group when you sailed this cruise two years ago? What was the ratio of men to women? Thanks. Brian
Old July 1st, 2003, 05:54 PM
Passenger

There were about 200 g/l passengers when we did the cruise in 2001.

I would say about 20% were female.

Ed
Old July 2nd, 2003, 07:37 PM
ti2gr

I've been on several cruises before, but this will be my first time as part of a g/l group, and my first time sharing a room with a complete stranger. Did you have any insights from your previous group regarding other passengers that may have shared a room?

I am looking forward to this cruise, but am just a little leery about the room share thing, but I certainly don't wish to pay double for a room

Scott
Old July 31st, 2003, 02:02 PM
Passenger

Hi,

Two of us on the west coast are considering booking this fun cruise. How many family members do you think will be on board? Who has the best prices? This will be or sixth cruise. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Albert & Terry
Old July 31st, 2003, 05:36 PM
Passenger

At this point I have heard that at least 130 "family members" are signed up for the cruise. However, that number came from Pied Piper Travel, and may not include the folks who booked through OutCruising.com A posting on Cruisecritic.com's G/L board mentioned that over 300 gay folk were signed up for the cruise.

As for best prices, I would check with both PiedPipertravel.com and Outcruising.com and see which one is offering the best rate. I suspect that they are either the same rate or within a couple of dollars of each other.

Glad that you all will be joining the group, it should be a fun cruise. Look forward to meeting you both onboard if you decide to book the cruise.
Old July 31st, 2003, 09:16 PM
ti2gr

I'm looking forward to this cruise as well. I'm sure we all will have a good time.
Old August 8th, 2003, 10:45 AM
Passenger

TO: Father O'Flaherty,

Please see the attached message from this board's moderator regarding the appropriate use of this board, which was posted on 5/19/03:

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I am finding posts here that are quite inapproprate and have had to delete a number. The Gay/Lesbian board's concept is so that people, especially Gay/Lesbian can have a forum to discuss cruising and issues about cruising. It was not, and is not a board set up for people to troll for others for sexual relations. It is up to you folks to watch over this board and make sure that these types of posts are brought to our attention and removed. To allow posts such as those to remain does nothing more than give the homophobics and other ignorant people ammunition to proclaim that Gays and Lesbian are nothing but a bunch of abnormal perverts which we know is not the case. I have a feeling that some of these posts are made by straight people trying to bring shame to a segment of our readers and they should not be allowed to succeed. Please let myself or one of the other message board monitors know of questionable posts.
Thanks
Jim