Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2003, 08:02 AM
Passenger

Default Pied Piper Travel

Has anyone ever been on a Pied Piper group cruise? I just noticed that they have a group on the Norwegian Dawn next year. Any feedback is appreciated.

Robert in WV
Sponsored Links
Old August 4th, 2003, 05:00 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Pied Piper Travel

I've been on 2 Pied Piper cruises, with one more scheduled in November.

Pied Piper offers great ships and itineraries, excellent prices, a fun cruise experience, and good service. They attract mostly male couples, 35+, although on every cruise there are plenty of younger folks, female couples, and single guys.

Any specific questions, let me know!
Old August 4th, 2003, 07:04 PM
Admiral

Do not limit yourself to any one Travel agency. Always check around for the best prices and/or deal you can make. The remarks made in the above post would be deleted in any other message board as it smacks of advertising which is not allowed but I do understand that they offer special group cruising aimed at the Gay/Lesbian cruisers. Just don't limit yourself is all I can say.
Jim

Old August 4th, 2003, 07:52 PM
ti2gr

I'm going on the Millennium on 11/30 through Pied Piper. It will be my first time with them. I'm doing the shared room thing, so it will be interesting to find out who my roomate is.

Scott
Old August 5th, 2003, 08:21 AM
Passenger

JimBragg:

Pied Piper is an organizer of gay group cruises, not a standard travel agency. They will not book you on a cruise that they are not organizing. If someone is interested in travelling on a ship with a large group of g/l passengers, there are very few agencies to choose from. Shopping around for a T/A only makes sense if you aren't interested in the product that Pied Piper and similar companies offer.

The original question asked for opinions about Pied Piper. I don't know of any board that would restrict opinions about a travel service provider, as long as it is in response to a valid question. That's one of the main reason that these boards exist--to share experiences, good and bad, with the cruise industry.

Ed
Old August 5th, 2003, 11:14 AM
First Mate

Hi Robert;
Just saw your post about Pied Piper. My partner and I have been on seven Pied Piper group saliings. We love them, and have found them to be a great way of cruising with other G & L travelers. I haver even served as on board host for four of thier sailings. As a former TA owner, I can tell you that PP getting some wonderful group rates for their sailings. The size of the group depends on the sailing and lenght of the cruise. The higher end ships and longer salings tend to be small in size 20 -30. The seven day, sailings at off peek cruisng time tend to larger, many time over 100. Their post Thanksgiving sailing this year which is a real bargain has over 130 so far. Our next cruise with them is on the Maiden Sailing of the new Queen Mary 2, which is a two week sailing Jan., 12, 2004. There are about 80 with the Pied Piper group and they even got a discount from Cunard which is saying something since this sailing sold out in a matter of weeks over a year ago.

We still do an a regular cruise now and then or even RSVP which are all gay charters. For us we like PP because we can get to know most of the group and have made many lasting friendship.

The age group does tend to be 35 plus with a good mix of singles and couples. There are not too many lesbians on their sailings, mostly men.

If you have any question please let me know.
Old August 8th, 2003, 11:58 AM
Admiral

Okay folks. Please read the TOS for postings. You cannot list and recommend TA's and prices. This is soliciting for bookings or plainly put, advertising. The only reason we have been very soft on agencies like Pied Piper and others is that they are specialized in G/L bookings. This is more than we allow on any other board. We cannot allow posting of prices and group cruises as that is advertising and not approprate for the boards. If we allowed such activity the boards woould soon be nothing by advertisements by agents and that is not their purpose.
Jim

Old August 9th, 2003, 08:18 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Pied Piper Travel

Dan-
Does PP have prearranged shoretours, cocktail parties, etc? I would be traveling solo and would like some structure around the cruise.
Thanks
Robert
Old August 9th, 2003, 08:51 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Pied Piper Travel

Jim, instead of concerns over possible advertising for gay cruises maybe you should be watching some of the postings like those from Father O'flattery on the November cruise on millinium posted 8/8.If it wern't because of the postings that listed Pied piper I would not have even known about the gay cruises that they organized. I booked my cruise with them and they also allow you to book through your own travel agency.
Old August 9th, 2003, 10:05 AM
Dan and Peter

Default Re: Re: Re: Pied Piper Travel

Hi Robert;
That is the nice part about PP is that you'll meet other guys traveling alone. The first time we did a PP sailing about 1/3 of he group were guys by themselves. Yes do have meeting and arrange tours as a group. Sometimes they do this in advance. Some of their sailings can be a small as 16 or so while others can run as high as 150. I think you'll enjoy one of their group cruises.

Dan
Old August 9th, 2003, 02:47 PM
ti2gr

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Pied Piper Travel

I will be traveling alone on the 11/30 Millennium cruise and this was one of the reasons I chose Pied Piper. It will be nice to get to know some of teh others traveling in this group.

I like the idea they arrange tours as a group, and have heard tehy have a get together on the ship as well.

Looking forward to it. I just hope I get a decent roomate. I've never traveled on a share basis with a complete stranger and that is the only apprehension I have about the cruise. Heard good and bad, hope mine is more towards teh good.

Scott
Old August 9th, 2003, 08:11 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Pied Piper Travel

Try and keep up, that post was deleted as have been most of those posted by this individual even under other names. He has also been reported to his ISP.
Jim

Old August 11th, 2003, 09:22 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Pied Piper Travel

Sorry Jim, I did not read back as far as 5/19 when you posted the below reply. Thank you .

Author: BJScott
Date: 08-08-03 10:45

TO: Father O'Flaherty,

Please see the attached message from this board's moderator regarding the appropriate use of this board, which was posted on 5/19/03:

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I am finding posts here that are quite inapproprate and have had to delete a number. The Gay/Lesbian board's concept is so that people, especially Gay/Lesbian can have a forum to discuss cruising and issues about cruising. It was not, and is not a board set up for people to troll for others for sexual relations. It is up to you folks to watch over this board and make sure that these types of posts are brought to our attention and removed. To allow posts such as those to remain does nothing more than give the homophobics and other ignorant people ammunition to proclaim that Gays and Lesbian are nothing but a bunch of abnormal perverts which we know is not the case. I have a feeling that some of these posts are made by straight people trying to bring shame to a segment of our readers and they should not be allowed to succeed. Please let myself or one of the other message board monitors know of questionable posts.
Thanks
Jim