Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 8th, 2003, 01:18 PM
Todd R

Default FOD meeting on Grand Princess

I was recently reading the Patters from the Grand (7/03) and saw that there was an FOD meeting on the Monday at 12, noon.

Does anyone know if this is a standard on this ship or if it needs to be requested at time of boarding?

Thanks,
Todd.
Sponsored Links
Old August 8th, 2003, 02:02 PM
Admiral

Default Re: FOD meeting on Grand Princess

Todd,

I was on the Grand last Thanksgiving and there was an FOD and I believe that it was Monday too.

I didn't attend but am friends with one of the Ass't Cruise Directors who was on board and he 'ran' the meeting so to speak.

I was on the Sun Princess last week and there wasn't an FOD that I saw, but there was on on the Dawn Princess Honolulu to Vancouver in May.

I did go to the one in May on the Dawn, but have never been to any others, not a big deal for me.
Old August 13th, 2003, 04:21 AM
Joey and Dan

we are boarding RCC Seranade of the Seas 9/6 Does anyone know if there is a scheduled FOD on that ship?
Old September 4th, 2003, 06:35 PM
Andrew / Brad

Todd R ... there was a FOD meet and greet on the Golden last November 2002 and my partner Brad and I got to meet 30 or so great guys over cocktails... we all hooked up for various events during the week ... great idea ... we are on the Grand Nov 23 2003 and are hoping there will also be a FOD on that ship ... hope this helps you out .... Andrew
Old September 18th, 2003, 01:21 PM
mike & jon

Default Re: Re: FOD meeting on Grand Princess

hi todd and jeff...forgot to tell u dawn had one two days out at 5:l5 pm for cocktail hour. but only one other couple showed up. don't think any other fod's aboard, what a shame! definitely contact cd thru guest relations and request...we went to information desk and asked, they said they always scheduled them. private: see ya oct. 11th!
Old September 18th, 2003, 08:16 PM
Jerry & Kirk

Don't wait for an announcement in the Patters. Go directly to a cruise director or an assistant (they are very often gay) and ask if any FOD meetings are scheduled. If not, request one.....or more !!!!!!! That's what we did on the Sun last October. Princess gave us a great meeting place over-looking the main pool that was very private. It had a bar, lots of tables and chairs with umbrella's......just perfect ! The barmaid assigned to our group ( about 20 ) was fun and not at all judgemental. Once we met in the Disco and it was fun too, but not good for conversation..... music TOO loud ! There were 3 meetings during the 10 day trip.

Enjoy ! J&K
Old September 19th, 2003, 08:04 AM
Beginner

What is a FOD meeting?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Old September 19th, 2003, 10:20 PM
Todd R

Default FOD meeting on Grand Princess

FOD is an acronym for "Friends of Dorothy." Kind of like a 'code word' for gay. Stemming from Dorothy (Judy Garland) of the Wizard of Oz.

In years gone by, when it wasn't so PC to outright ask someone if they were gay you would ask (so I'm told!), "Are you a friend of Dorothy's?" If the person didn't have a clue what you were talking about, you knew they wern't gay, but if they did then...
Old September 20th, 2003, 01:27 PM
Beginner

Thank you!!

So you can just go up to the cruise director and ask if there is a FOD meeting?

That's cool. I am doing the Western Carribean on the Grand Princess - Nov 2. I haven't been on a cruise before and am going with my brothers and their wives- and I was hoping there might be a way to meet up with other gay people on the ship.

yea!