Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 21st, 2003, 09:47 AM
M&G

Default FLL guesthouse... recommendations?

Hello, we're two guys from Boston (27 and 32) who are going on the Pied Piper post-Thanksgiving cruise. We're looking to spend one or two nights in FLL beforehand.

******Commercial URL deleted by staff****

Can anyone offer recommendations for a relatively inexpensive place among this list? We'd like to spend at most$100/night before taxes. Does anyone have experience with a place he can recommend?

It is hard to tell a guest house's true character from the web advertising. To be blunt, we do not want any place that is sleazy or really cruisy. The more information you can provide about a place, the better.

I'm wary of posting a genuine e-mail address to a public board. If you would like to talk over e-mail, I'll reply to an address. Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Old August 21st, 2003, 10:42 AM
M&G

Default Re: FLL guesthouse... recommendations?

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that including that directory listing was inappropriate. I'm not an employee or affiliate of the site.

I still want to hear recommendations! I'm including my e-mail address in this posting in case people are unable to answer the question on this board without violating the posting guidelines.
Old August 21st, 2003, 01:33 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: FLL guesthouse... recommendations?

That's fine M&G and I hope you get some good responses. We can't allow the posting of commercial URL's because if we did the boards would soon be nothing but posting from the owners of these businesses and not really helpful to others.
Jim

Old August 21st, 2003, 01:47 PM
Thulewx

I've stayed at 2 - Grand Resort & Blue Dolphin (I thinkn that was the name). It seems that the majority of them are in the same area, a couple hundred yards from the beach, but not near any family bars or restaurants.
Grand Resort was fine - no cruisy if you're in the front area by the pool, a little cruisier in the back courtyard by the hot tub. Very nice, clean rooms, nice amenities, some with kitchettes, friendly hosts/workers. not too much parking.
Blue dolphin was cheaper, still clean, nice folks, not cruisy, but the difference between say, a chevy (dolphin) and a buick (Grand).
I'll be staying at Pineapple point in November at a friends recommendation - he raves about the place, so we'll see...
Old August 22nd, 2003, 07:20 AM
Passenger

Hey guys,
I would suggest the newly renovated Villa Venice. It is in the same cluster as the properties Thule mentioned above. The owners just completed a multi million dollar refit and the hotel is great. During the dates of your visit it should also meet your rate requirement. Cruisy- sometimes. Clean-always. Clothing is optional at the pool. Enjoy your cruise!!!
Old August 25th, 2003, 08:40 PM
ti2gr

M&G

I'll be on that post thanksgiving cruise as well.

In Fort Lauderdale area I would also recomment the Cabanas. It's in the Wilton Manors area, in the gayborhood so to speak. Unlike the others mentriond it's not a hundred yards or so from the beach, but in a nice area just the same. Much closer to teh nightlife than the others. The places mentioned are all nice places, I would also recomment the Flamingo, Schubert and Worthington.

Scott
Old August 26th, 2003, 11:02 AM
Kevin and Todd

I have stayed at The Worthington and recommend it. It has clean rooms, walking distance to the beach, and good staff. Their rates on a king size bed are $105 around Thanksgiving. Give them a call Toll-Free: 1 800 445-7036.

I did not think it was too much cruising. But if you wanted to you could.
Old August 27th, 2003, 02:14 PM
Passenger

Hi,

We are going on this cruise as well, Mille 11/30. We are thinking of staying at the Ocean Manor. My partner wants to stay on the beach. Is this hotel ok? The photos look ok and the price is very reasonable. We are from LA and have never been to Fort Lauderdale.

Thanks,

Albert
amccarthy@coh.org
Old August 30th, 2003, 12:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

My friend Danny and I (single GMs 34 & 41) are on the Post Thanksgiving cruise too. We are coming down on 11/28 and currently staying at the Renaissance Hotel near the Port. I stayed at the Pineapple Point Guesthouse in 5/03 and it was outstanding. Not overly cruisy, just a little frisky at the pool and hot tub late at night. I highly recommend it, however, I doubt that you can get a room there for $100/night.
Old September 1st, 2003, 07:32 PM
M&G

Thank you for the recommendations, all. I appreciate the personal comments and experiences.

I did some research into the suggestions people made and across the board they required a minimum stay that we couldn't accommodate. That's fair enough--it is a holiday weekend.

We went the Priceline route instead and will be at a chain hotel on the beach for Saturday night. The Ft. Lauderdale guest house experience will just have to wait for another trip.
Old September 16th, 2003, 07:17 PM
Robert and Joe

M&G

We have stayed at the Brigantine in FTL. Can be somewhat part of the leather crowd, but everyone was pleasent, not cruisey and we felt comfortable. We are both professionals and live in small town in Florida, i.e. very conservative. The price was good and they were willing to book us a room with no minimum when everyone else would not. Short walk to the beach, pool is clothing opitonal. Nice time, we are staying again because of the minimum night stay at the other resorts.

Joe and Robert