Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2003, 10:56 AM
96&77

Default key west gay excursions

We will be in a group of 20+ on the Rapsody (10-26) Are there any gay sunset tours in Key West? Anyone other family going?
Sponsored Links
Old September 11th, 2003, 08:16 AM
Kevin and Todd

Default Re: key west gay excursions

There are several gay / gay friendly boat operators that will take you out for the sunset. This site does not allow me to post commercial links so just do a search for SEBAGO CATAMARAN and BLU Q Catamaran.

Sebago is a all gay Saturday nights and mixed most other nights. BLU Q is all gay. Be sure to call ahead and tell them you are with a cruise so that they get you back to the ship on time. If they cannot, go down to the northern end, and hang out around Mallory Square. You would hang a left when you exit the ship.

There are several other smaller boat operators that have flyers in the bars. The gay bars on Duval Street are walking distance from the cruise ships. Walk straight (galy forward) from the ship to Duval and turn right for the gay bars.

*****If you want to avoid the touristy crowd altogether, go to Duval hang a right and walk all the way to the end and look for Atlantic Shores. It is a bit of a walk but well worth it. It is my favorite. You will not get much of a sunset view but the is a great T-Dance on Sundays. Do search for Atlantic Shores Resort. It is adverstised as clothing optional but 99% are clothed. It is a fun atmosphere…not overly cruisy.

Enjoy. I wish I was there.
Old September 15th, 2003, 12:56 PM
CTNYBORDER

I was on the Rhapsody last October, and I decided on the PT Boat run. It was GREAT! Captain is very friendly, and it was great being on the old girl, (boat that is, ) And for an added treat, we got to do balls out sirens wailing blank gun shooting Torpedo runs on the sunset sailors, who seemed to enjoy our bit of piracy as much as we did.

Chip
Old September 16th, 2003, 02:19 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to TRexTex

I believe you may be in luck finding a fellow gay traveler on the trip.

There's a gay-hosted group on board (called "Aquafest") with 400 men and women (last year the ratio was about 50/50 men/women and there were about 80 people total.) Most of us are from Houston, but there will people from all over the world traveling.

The weird thing is that no one else from the group responded to your note... Ah well.

Rex
Old September 20th, 2003, 05:38 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to michael1976
Default Re: Re: key west gay excursions

I think you should go on the BLUE Q its such a great time.... My friend Mark is the frist Mate on the Blue Q.... You guys are sure to have a great time... We live in Key West Parttime in the winter and the BLUE Q is just full of gay men having a great time.... If you go tell Mark that Michael and Doug from Mi said hello Have fun........

Old September 26th, 2003, 01:46 PM
96&77

Default Re: Re: key west gay excursions

THANKS...........SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD TIME!!!!!! CAN'T WAIT!! CAN YOU TELL ME MORE ABOUT YOUR GROUP.
Old September 27th, 2003, 10:43 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to TRexTex

There are a couple of websites with pictures from last year's cruise: however, I don't think I'm allowed to post the URL's here. Send me a private e-mail (click on my name above to see our profile) and I'll give you links.