Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 8th, 2003, 10:14 AM
Kit & Joyce

Default New to Cruising .. Tips?

We are heading out on Sunday 9/14 to the Bahamas aboard RCI Majesty. I have since read discouraging things about the ship, the food and the service..however a friend went on the ship last month, she said for a first time cruise it would be fine and the service and food have improved since her last sail.

My concern is how 'out' is acceptable on these non gay cruises. Although we are not 'all over' each , we do like to hold hands and do not hide the fact that we are together. Will that be a problem on this cruise.

Anyone have any tips? Joyce is most worried about the attire for dinner since she will not wear and does not own any dresses. She owns several suits however though 2 of them are men's suits.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Kit & Joyce
Atlanta, GA
Sponsored Links
Old September 8th, 2003, 11:23 AM
Dan and Peter

Default Re: New to Cruising .. Tips?

Just be yourselves. Don't worry about not owning a dress, just in the evening wear what you would to a high end restuarant on land. No jeans or T shirts. I hold with my partner when ever we travel, we dance together too. You might want to ask the Cruise Director to arrange a Freinds opf Dorthy Meet. Some will and some will not, on the Zuiderdam the CD held one for us. She said it was the first time anyone had asked for one. She even told some of the entertainers who she knew were gay, and they showed up.

The first crusie is always the best, relax and enjoy, you're on vacation.
Old September 8th, 2003, 12:19 PM
Kit & Joyce

Default Re: Re: New to Cruising .. Tips?

Thanks for the advice and I may just ask the CD to set up a FOD meet. I can't believe we would be the only gay couple on board. Thanks.

Kit
Old September 8th, 2003, 01:32 PM
Thulewx

Default Re: New to Cruising .. Tips?

I'm sure you won't be alone, but I've noticed that a lot of the female couples tend to keep to themselves, for some unknown reason...
As to dress - you might want to get your partner a tux. Many of the rental agencies have them specifically designed for women, and there are internet agencies that rent specifically for cruises - RCI may even have one of their own, listed somewhere on their site, that you can rent pre-cruise, to have waiting for you in the stateroom. They tend to run around $80 for everything, for a week.
But beware - you're about to embark on a vacation that will have you hooked forever ;-)