Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 4th, 2003, 05:04 PM
Passenger

Default Dorothy not sailing on Star Princess

Well guys it appears Dorothy has well and truely gone into hiding into one or many of 1300 +cabin closets on board the Star Princess on its upcoming cruising to
Australia / New Zealand.
Well we all know only too well how Dorothy can be a ***** at times and will only come out at times when it suits. Those of us that have come out to meet Dorothy we will just have to keep our eyes sharp and alert for those little moments when Dorothy chooses to appear.
So Lads sailing on Star Princess we will just have to be alert and not alarmed and surprised when we do get to meet or sight Dorothy appearing out of one of those many closets or even perhaps Dorothy has gone deeper into one of the many ships safes.
Happy sailing and cruising to all.
Campingman / Sydney
Australia
Sponsored Links
Old October 4th, 2003, 05:25 PM
Jerry & Kirk

Default Re: Dorothy not sailing on Star Princess

WHO told you that campingman ?
Old October 4th, 2003, 08:04 PM
TxRick

Who in the world is Dorothy?
Old October 4th, 2003, 09:00 PM
sam smith

Default Re: Re: Dorothy not sailing on Star Princess

A code word for gay.
Old October 4th, 2003, 09:27 PM
TxRick

oh ok..here in the states i think it is "mary"
Old October 4th, 2003, 09:45 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Dorothy not sailing on Star Princess

Nope, here in the USA is it Friends of Dorothy and was a fairly safe way for gays to find out if someone was 'family' by asking them if they were friends of Dorothy. If they were gay they knew what the other was talking about and if they didn;t then the other could safely remain 'closeted' so to speak. Had something to do with the Wizard of Oz and Judy Garland. Now quite a few folks know what it means pretty much like "friends of Bill W." is code for AA folks.
Jim

Old October 4th, 2003, 10:52 PM
Passenger

Surprised?Well just reading this forums threads , i am surprised that some dont know of Dorothy?Okay F.O.D.?Sorry lads.Mary etc.etc?Real Men etc wink wink.
At any rate most get the picture?All in jest and good fun.
I suppose on the Australia/New Zealand sailings us real men/blokes will just have to keep our eyes open for F.O.D./Dorothys/Marys jumping out of those closets.If these pages dont do the trick we will just have to revert back to the age old forum of the eyes.
Happy Sailing
Campingman
Sydney Australia
Old October 5th, 2003, 09:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

You'll probably best wait until you are on board the Star, then ask the CD or an assistant to set an FoD party (or parties) up for you. MOST of the CD's will, however I did meet one jerk, on the OceanPrincess, who said that Princess didn't do things like that. When I corrected him and told him I'd been to two on that very ship, he tried to side away from the issue by saying it needed to be hosted and no one would be willing. Then I ambushed and told him that one of his assistants had already volunteered. He glared at me and said, "Whatever," but there WAS an FoD party listed for the next night. The assistant later told me the guy was a big homophobe and she had a good laugh when I told her of his reaction - and said she was glad someone made him do it...
Be persistent!!