Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2003, 09:26 PM
pinecone

Default Gay Friendly Lines

I've never been on a cruise that was gay unfriendly, but I suppose that some are more "friendly" than others.

I'm looking to book a cruise sometime during the month of May, and will be sailing alone, as my partner will not be able to get time off of work during that month.

I am in my early 40's, and not looking for a "party cruise". Would like to book a cruise where I would come in contact with other "family" members. What would be a good line to book? I am looking for a Caribbean itinerary.

Thanks for your replies.
Sponsored Links
Old October 13th, 2003, 12:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: Gay Friendly Lines

Pinecone, our best experiences have been on Princess (having sailed Carnival, Royal Carribean and Norwegian for a total of 10 cruises).

The staff seems more comfortable and we have found the slightly older crowd on Princess are the most open-minded people we've run into.

Hope that helps.

Harry

P.S. Have had the worst experience on Carnival (just a photographer) but we are on the Carnival Sprit again in less than 10 weeks so it wasn't *that* bad :-)
Old October 13th, 2003, 03:35 PM
Matt 69

Ummm....why aren't you waiting til your partner can get off?

Old October 13th, 2003, 09:46 PM
pinecone

Nope, nothing like that Matt. I have six weeks of vacation in 2004, and my partner only has two weeks. We are both sailing on the Carnival Pride in December. I wish we both had the same amount of vacation, but it just didn't work out that way.

Harry---
Thanks for your reply. I here good things about Princess. I have been on 8 cruises (Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Norwegian), and am leaning towards Princess for my spring 2004 cruise. I also here that Celebrity is great as well.
Old October 17th, 2003, 06:52 PM
Darrell6t

Why not try the late-April Mexican Riviera Cruise with RSVP. I'm sure it is going to be a party. Maybe a party and a half.
Old November 16th, 2003, 02:19 PM
Becki Holt

My partner and I cruised Hawaii (NCL Star) in August, and found many "family" members on-board. On the activity sheet, it listed several bar events for "Friends of Dorothy". We found the NCL line to be very accomodating to us, and found many friends on board.
Old November 17th, 2003, 12:14 PM
Photog

Default Re: Re: Gay Friendly Lines

Interesting. We were on the NCL Sky to Alaska in July and several people on board tried to get "Friends of Dorthy" meeting published in the ship newsletter. They would not do it.
Old November 18th, 2003, 02:25 PM
Admiral

Try Princess, have found, as Harry said a group of open minded people.
Old November 20th, 2003, 09:49 AM
intrepid

I just got off the Sky on Sunday... There were two FOD meetings in the Freestyle Daily. The meetings were well attended. Plus I think that was the "gayest" non-gay cruise ever!

~Intrepid