Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 14th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Nick

Default QM2 - March 6th. sailing

Hi,

Is anyone going on the March 6th sailing of the QM2. I will be with my family and was wondering if their are any other gay individuals on this sailing or if there are any gay crew member nights that passenegers can meet with the crew.

Also, I would like to hear about the type of people on the QM2, the food and entertainment, etc.

Thanks,

Nick

Post Edited (01-14-04 17:31)
Sponsored Links
Old January 14th, 2004, 10:31 PM
mike (and jon)

Default Re: QM2 - March 6th. sailing

pied piper travel (new york based) and rita orwell travel (fort lauderdale based) agencies have groups on 3/6 qm2. should be fun. we'll have to post room #'s as we get closer so we can get in touch...as of now, rooms might be changed or aren't assigned yet. i posted earlier about 3/6, no responses, so maybe it's time to get on the board folks and let's meet! good friends on maiden say ship is GREAT so looking forward...i'm also going aboard 1/28 for luncheon, may have info from that visit. mike (and jon)
Old January 19th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to kveton

Don't bother trying to hookup with the crew. They will be put off at the next port if they are caught with a passenger. This is the way it is with most ships policies. Male or Female! There was a rummor of a gay crew bar on QE2 called "The Pig Sty" that the crew took passengers to, but there was an "incident" and now Cunnard does not allow that. The crew is only allowed to get off the ship after all the passengers have left on their shore excursions, so you could hang around and check out your gaydar if you wanted to meet some cutie. But this is still not recomended.

If you go to Piedpipers web sight, they do have pictures of past cruisers. I woulds say that the average age is about 50. It's not hard to spot them at late seating because there are so many men seated altogether.

I have also traveled with my parents and have enjoyed it. Of course you said "family" and not "parents". But I enjoy it because I don;t see my parents very much.

On QM2 i'll be in cabin 11086, if you want to ring me. That number is not likely to change. When they don't assign a cabin number is because they think they may be able to upgrade you. On an Alaskan cruise with my parents, I went from the lowest price outside cabin to a balcony cabin.

George
Old January 21st, 2004, 12:16 PM
mike (and jon)

Default Re: Re: QM2 - March 6th. sailing

by the way, for those interested--this sailing or others. the brittania maitre' d is a friend of some of our posters...david thompson. evidently a very pleasant, sincere guy and of course "family" so maybe you can glean a bit of information from him...but don't be overbearing or put him in an embarrasing position of course!
Old February 3rd, 2004, 11:19 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to ctguy001

A friend and I will also be on board. That should bring the total of "family" up to the high hundreds. The crowd may be a bit older but should still be fun. Hey, it's a cruise!

Old February 4th, 2004, 04:08 PM
NIBiker69

Have just booked to go on this sailing. Will be travelling solo.
Old February 14th, 2004, 02:43 PM
mike (and jon)

so we seem to be gathering a few folks...have a few room numbers, but those not posting yet if you wish to, please do. jon and my # has been confirmed at 5052. see there's a pied piper welcome aboard gathering on sailing day, and also guess several are still planning commodore club at ll pm for those with and not with pied piper...so get those room #s in here folks so we can let people know where we will be gathering for meeting and a good time!
Old February 14th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Several couples on the maiden Caribbean voyage. Many of the crew are family. The vocal quartet is totally gay. Just follow them. They can be found performing usually about 8pm and 10pm in the grand lobby. The most popular bar was the Chart room. The Commodore club was too far from Britannia and I understand it's usually very loud. It's was one of my favourite rooms on the ship. I also really loved the atmosphere on the Chart room before dinner, on formal nights it takes on the feel of a 1940's ocean liner.
The tender process can take some time and so if you have hoping to meet any crew good luck.
If you have any questions please don't hesistate to ask.
Old February 23rd, 2004, 09:46 AM
mike (and jon)

don't know the total for pied piper, (which we believe is minimum of 150) but rita orwell travel in fort lauderdale also confirms 90 cabins booked. so that's l50 there (leaving room for maybe 30 singles, not doubles). maybe 300+ just these two groups. ok, guys and gals, we're gonna really be visible on this sailing! look forward to meeting "famiy" aboard. mike and jon (in wilton manors, the little "gay" city in fort lauderdale).
Old February 25th, 2004, 05:16 PM
mike (and jon)

Default Re: Re: Re: QM2 - March 6th. sailing

for info, folks, (sure some of you know but sure some of you don't) matt was kind enuf to let us know that cartegena (3/10) has been canceled, will be a sea day. tradeoff is will be in curacao at 8 am instead of noon...and again looking forward to meeting other "sailors" in commodore club deck 9 forward at ll pm on sail day...hear that the piano player is outstanding.
Old February 26th, 2004, 08:16 PM
CruisePal

Hi Guys,

We (Paul and I) will be on March 6th with the Pied Piper group, however, we also have some other friends going as well. We're in Cabin #4053 (I think that's steerage). So, if you get a chance to make it down to the bowels of the ship stop by or give us a ring! This is our 14th cruise in 12 months, so it will be interesting to see if the people and the ship will make the trip unforgettable. There's definately plenty of family going on this voyage so we can all meet up. I've heard the place for family if the Commodore Club and the last family group took over the place at night. There's been some bashing on service and food issues but if we band together and all have a great time amongst ourselves, we'll be able to endure any hardship the Queen has to offer. It's really great to see that so much family is onboard for this trip and we look forward to meeting all family members and having a great time!

Greg
Old February 26th, 2004, 08:19 PM
CruisePal

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: QM2 - March 6th. sailing

No doubt the cart would be removed from the port of call list. It never fails:-) See you onboard
Old February 27th, 2004, 01:36 AM
NIBiker69

Only just over a week to go.
Old February 27th, 2004, 07:28 PM
CruisePal

Everytime we think we going to cart, it's always removed:-) it's getting to be a bit like Haiti:-) What cabin are you in?
Old February 27th, 2004, 09:14 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to ctguy001
Default Re: Re: Re: QM2 - March 6th. sailing

This is the second time missing Cartegena for me also. Guess it wasn't meant to be. It's a week to go and no cabin assignment yet. I'm praying for the upgrade fairy to bless us with a visit. .

Old February 28th, 2004, 12:00 PM
mike (and jon)

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: QM2 - March 6th. sailing

after the lifeboat drill think a group is gathering on deck 13 by regatta bar for sailaway if anyone wants to join...there was a post about deck ll observation area (forward) but we saw ship come in to fort lauderdale and that was packed like a sardine can then...assume will be again so too crowded for us. want the open spaces lol! and commodore club llpm for meet and greet sailaway nite after 2nd seating (remember that's been renamed commodorothy lol) see y'all there?...happy cruisin' to us.
Old March 1st, 2004, 09:13 AM
mike (and jon)

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: QM2 - March 6th. sailing

to be honest there's not a whole lot to be missing in cartegena...we were "mobbed" there by street vendors (even ON a ship tour) and it was like wanting to have a fire hose to keep them away. they would NOT take no for an answer. but the emeralds were good, tho... if you'd like the name of a reputable jeweler there, and she WILL ship, it's "Maria Rohas, Emerald Plaza No. 9, Rojas de Plata Y CIA. S.C., NIT.800.241.982, Cartegena, Columbia : Tel. 011 575 664 6274" (from US). she is the owner of the store. am posting because several on boards said they were disappointed in not being able to look for emeralds there. we lost an emerald ring ...in the panama canal of all places...that we purchased from her, called and told her, and the next time she came to miami she replaced it, remembered it exactly and the replacement was very close. she also brought her very handsome son with her lol. now that IS good service!
Old August 3rd, 2004, 10:56 AM
Paul McMaster

Default Re: QM2 -Sept 11sailing

Would love to here for anyone on this Cruise.
Hope to see you there.
Paul