Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 30th, 2004, 09:20 AM
mike (and jon)

Default QM2 Commodore Club

posted on "meet on Board" thread but probably needs a thought here too. how about (since it already has been popular on maiden voyage and when i was aboard wednesday 1/28 several FOD's were already in commodore club!) saying we'll try to meet there around ll pm sailaway day (after 2nd seating) instead of trying to get CD to post FOD notice in bulletin early in the cruise--of course, that could be attempted later, but on maiden voyage the FOD notice was posted close to end of the cruise. think the club is very nice, seems to have attracted a group of us already...great venue on deck 9, most forward area on that deck of the ship. thoughts, guys and gals?
Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2004, 10:00 PM
mike (and jon)

Default Re: QM2 Commodore Club

deleted from meet on board. maybe a bit too forward for that "thread," just stick to g/l board!
Old January 30th, 2004, 10:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

The deletion surprises me from your post here.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 31st, 2004, 10:35 AM
mike (and jon)

Default Re: Re: QM2 Commodore Club

hi harry. on the "meet on board" much more personal information there...so just didn't want to go that far. that's all!
Old February 10th, 2004, 04:19 PM
mike (and jon)

Default Re: Re: Re: QM2 Commodore Club

so as seen on the "other" main cruising board, see now that commodore club has been nicknamed the "commodorothy" lol . right on! we'll do our part to keep the tradition going. mike and jon
Old February 12th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: QM2 Commodore Club

Hi,
Just returned from the maiden caribbean voyage. Alot of us on board, about 30 couples. Most of the bars were very popular. I found the biggest grouping to be in the chart room before the 2nd seating, I think it was because the vocal quartet always went there after singing.
We never went to the commodore club for pre dinner drinks because it was too far away from the dining room! G32 was very popular spot in the late evening. I think that also had to do with the vocal quartet being there. These 4 guys seem to have a following everywhere they went.
Old February 12th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Thulewx

Aren't they great? They were quite unadvertised on the maiden voyage but word spread quickly. When we were in Las Palmas, they were on the promenade deck singing "Viva Espaņa" and egging the crowd on to do the wave, etc...
By the end of our maiden, a lot had abandonced the Commode Lounge in favor of the Chart Room, sine they seemed to be able to handle the crowd better, but we did have a hassle one night when a smoker crossed an imaginary line and a smoking nazi went ballistic. I won't name the smoker (but his initials are Tobey) but he handled it with great aplomb and diplomatically demured to the nazi's demands. The non-smoking zone is not posted anywhere. IMHO the pianist in Commode was better, but both were great. Smokers at the Commode lounge, however, cannot hear the pianist at all.
Old February 12th, 2004, 03:39 PM
mike (and jon)

lol phil. glad i'm not a smoker so don't have to watch my step! so now just need to know if the quartet is still on board...take it for granted they probably are, so have to check them out. hope you're not freezing up there...so guess we'll try chart room too before dinner, and g32 to find the quartet in later evening. thanks.
Old February 13th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: QM2 Commodore Club

I really liked the quartet, but not as much as those little old ladies did. They just couldn't get enought of them. I have to admit those guys really did ham it up for them.
It suprised me QM2 does have any ashtrays on the open deck. The only place I could find one was at the pool on deck 8. Most of time I just found an empty cup to use.
Disembarkation on Feb 11th was just as bad as the maiden voyage. Botton line if you have a flight before 12pm be prepared to carry you luggage off the ship.
Old February 18th, 2004, 08:17 AM
David in Rehoboth

Hey, Guys: (Especially Mike and Jon)

I'm sure you'll have fun in the Commodore as Ben and I did on our 1/31 cruise. Please say hello to Jean and Peter (bartenders) for us. All you have to mention is the frozen glass for the Bass Ale. Jean (a Frenchman) and Peter (a Brit) were a joy and took care of us very well. We were there every night before late seating, and toward the end of the cruise, the FOD's were gathering more and more. We never did make it to the Chart Room. We stopped in the Golden Lion several times, especially at lunch time. The Pub food was very good. Wish I could be along on March 6, Mike, but who knows? I may be seeing you before then!
Old February 18th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Thulewx

Pub: Bartender Miguel : ask him what his display-of-the-day will be...
G32: Bartender Gin (aka Gintautas from Lithuania) - a real hard worker
Pub & G32: Waiter Rob: great service, nice guy.
Others that were also good: Lachlan, Oliver, Stefan
Old February 19th, 2004, 04:27 PM
mike (and jon)

thanks phil and david. also see from somewhere on some board or thread ??? that the quartet is total family, so no wonder they're so good lol! jeez, now going to have to construct a bartender/waiter here and there guide to know who's who in what lounge or pub! mike
Old February 20th, 2004, 04:28 AM
Thulewx

remember, they may have all moved - several of the waiters were moving around from bar to bar regularly. Also, it could be getting close to their vacation times.
Loved the quartet!!
Old February 20th, 2004, 04:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

seems the gay bar is already the commodore club on qm2... from those i have been in contact with already it is established ... will make a change from the pig and whistle bar on the qe2 where access to it was a little on the dodgy side if you were challenged by crew,,,