Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 13th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Steve & Stephen

Default Gay Cruising

Hi All,

First time cruising (on a ship, not men... haha) and although we haven't booked anything yet, are considering a 4-Day cruise on Carnival. Any thoughts out there? We can only afford the 4-day cruise (Miami-Key West-Cozumel-Miami) because I went back to school and have a limited time off.

Thanks for the info and after our first short cruise, will probably pick a longer cruise--heard from friends that Princess is the best!

Steve & Stephen
Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2004, 02:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: Gay Cruising

Steve,

The 4-nighters are a great way of trying out a cruise. Keep in mind the crowd may be a little bit more rambuctious (drinking wise) but we always have a great time (have done about 4-5 of 'em).

I've never sailed out of Miami area, but I am sure people here and on the cruise line boards can give you an idea of what to expect.

Our first cruise was a 7-nighter to Mexico, and we are heading out on our 13th in 3 1/2 years next month.

You'll love it, and there is no better way of spending time together.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old February 14th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Steve & Stephen

Default Re: Gay Cruising Update

Hey guys,

Guess what? My partner's father talked us out of Carnival and Cozumel, so now we're checking out the RCI Majesty of the Seas 4-day cruise to Bahamas. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Old February 14th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Gay Cruising Update

Take the 4 night out of Ft. Lauderdale on RCCL Enchantment of the Seas (Key West, Cozumel). The cabins are larger than on the Majesty, the staff and crew were excellant when we sailed on her for the 5 night Key West, Cozumel, Belize run. If your not too keen on seeing Cozumel you can take the ferry over to Cancun for the day.

Post Edited (02-14-04 17:07)
Old February 15th, 2004, 12:20 PM
couple-n-fll

Unless you are price concious I'd stay away from Carnival. They draw a more redneck less tolerant crowd. The word Buffet is a fancy word for most on board Carnival.

RCCL is OK.
Old February 16th, 2004, 12:20 PM
Steve & Stephen

*** WE BOOKED OUR CRUISE ***
Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that we found a great rate through CruiseMates (with a local travel agent, which is really fabulous) for our trip on RCCL Majesty of the Seas--highest category OV--for Dec out of Miami (better itinerary).
Old February 16th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Gay Cruising

Oh come on now, this just isn't true. We have done almost 20 CCL cruises and see lots of gays onboard and have never seen any problems with interaction with anyone else. I have also seen them schedule FOD meetings and a number of the crew are openly gay as well.
Jim

Old February 16th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Congrats Steve and Stephen!

Now is when the fun comes -- anticipating the cruise!

When you get your booking number, you can pre-register on the Royal Caribbean web site -- www.rccl.com. That will make embarkation even easier.

Also, we're here to answer the questions, so keep a'posting!

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old February 20th, 2004, 03:25 AM
bigtrigger

Steve & Stephen- My partner and I were on the 4 day cruise out of Miami on RCI Majesty last year and it was good. Not the fanciest ship but it was clean, food was good, and the shows were great. Quite a few gay cruisers aboard. Just returned yesterday from 8 day Exotic Western Caribbean on Carnival Spirit, Beautiful ship, but was really to quiet for a fun ship, Guess it was the ports of call that the older crowds like. Average age 50+
Guys enjoy your cruise James

Old February 23rd, 2004, 12:05 PM
moondoggy

check out the royal caribbean navigator of the sea were sailing may 15th
Old February 24th, 2004, 01:55 PM
FL33139

Hi Steven and Stephen

I have taken 5 cruises in my life (im 33 btw) and took 1 carnival cruise with my family that we all hated. It was a 7 day Eastern Caribbean New Years cruise. Its true about it being full of rednecks. The table next to ours had this family that it seemed never learned any table manners and my mother was horrified and nauseated for 7 days just having to look at these people eat. Anyway, good choice on the RCCL. You will really enjoy it.

My partner and I are going on the 7 day western caribbean from May 9-16 and we cant wait! I hope we meet other gay couples so we can take offshore tours togethers.

Have a great time guys!!
Old February 24th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to FJTinSC

My partner and I have done several cruises, both on Carnival and RCI, we both definitely prefer RCI over Carnival. Voyager class ships are great, but the smaller ones are more intimate. We are booked on the Enchantment for 8/7, and looking forward to it a lot!
Old April 9th, 2014, 02:23 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via Skype™ to SAILORdudes

If you are into clothing optional/nude cruises on a smaller scale: check SAILORdudes Gay Sailing Adventures and SAILORdudes Gay Sailing Adventures. These trips are about sailing in beautiful places, suitable for naturists, nudist or whatever :-) and normally attract fit sportive guys from end 20's into 40's. There is no sexual intention by the way. Having said that, and as on any holiday in general where people are in a happy mood, what people like to do is their own business :-)
Old May 7th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi. my husband and I have been on Majesty 4 times. We love that ship. She may be older but has great charm and just something about her. Our travel agent is great. He knows everything about cruising. Let me know if you want his contact information.