CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Gay / Lesbian Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/gay-lesbian-cruising/)
-   -   Paul Gauguin, 5/29 - 6/05 - ANYONE? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/gay-lesbian-cruising/281160-paul-gauguin-5-29-6-05-anyone.html)

Thulewx February 18th, 2004 09:27 AM

Paul Gauguin, 5/29 - 6/05 - ANYONE?

Just signed up for this cruise to Tahiti on the Radisson Paul Gauguin - several mags have voted it the best cruise ship on earth - we'll see.
Also going on 11 Sept.

Harry Martin February 18th, 2004 11:08 AM

Re: Paul Gauguin, 5/29 - 6/05 - ANYONE?

Isn't it funny -- just had a dream last night that I won a cruise on Raddison. Sounds like a fantastic ship.

Harry

David Asch February 18th, 2004 04:33 PM

Hi - I've been interested in the Paul Gaugin for sometime. Do you know if there are any single cabins on this ship or what the single supplement is. I would seriously consider the May trip. Regards, David

Thulewx February 19th, 2004 05:12 AM

For several of the trips this year, the single supplement for non-balcony cabins is $995. There are no single cabins, and the supplement for balcony-cabins is 100%... There a quite a few special deals out there including free air for many...
Go - you know you've always wanted to do it!!

Michael Sinn February 23rd, 2004 09:22 PM

Re: Re: Paul Gauguin, 5/29 - 6/05 - ANYONE?

Radisson will sometimes wave the single supplement. All your agent has to do is ask. If the sailing is weak...I have done this for many of my clients and sometimes the cruiseline (Radisson) says yes to the no single supplement. I like those odds..Yes or NO.
Michael
PS Have Fun Phil!!

Ethan Solomita June 14th, 2004 11:35 PM

It looks like I'll be on the September 11 sailing, traveling with friends.

BTW, thanks for the advice about getting the single supplement waived. I'll see if they'll bite. My sailing is less than 3 months away, and they're discounting it pretty strongly.

-- Ethan

thulewx June 15th, 2004 12:11 AM

The 5/29 cruise was fantastic! Can't wait to go back! Lots to do during the island stops, fantastic food and service on board. Incredible scenery! Last time I stayed at Le Meridien pre-cruise. This time, Tahiti Radisson hotel.
The flight to/from LAX is a long one (8 hours), though. Air Tahiti Nui isn't bad, though, and their food was decent. Plane is a new Airbus 340 with TV in every headrest.

Tom Schaefer June 15th, 2004 11:01 AM

Welcome Ethan to the Sept 11 sailing.
My systa Phil (AKA) Thulewx and I welcome more family on board.
Hope you will consider going on the shark feeding excursion...having done it years ago it was a blast. I intend to wipe my crusty systa Phil down with chum (fish oil) and dangle him over the side of the boat to attract sharks....... :-)
Parasailing is also on the agenda...and wave running. I just hoe water kiing is available.
This will be heaven on earth......now where did I hide those coconut shells.....

Thulewx June 15th, 2004 12:12 PM

Turn on your spell checker, Tommykins - "Hoe water kiing..." - were you trying to say something freudian? If so it should be "Hoe water QUEEN," (not kiing) [8-p
And I assume you'll be available... MEOW!!! ;-)

Crusty systa has already scared off all the big sharks - just minnows left for you...

Tom Schaefer June 16th, 2004 10:47 AM

It was suppose to say hope water skiing....but every time I think about you that old garden utensil pops into mind....not a shovel, not a fork but a H.. :-)
See how I Idolize you!

If Ethan is reading this.....Ethan, you mentioned you were traveling with friends.....how many? Will this be a celebration of some kind?

Hope you are getting excited about sailing in Radisson.

Thulewx June 16th, 2004 10:54 AM

Hope we haven't scared Ethan off !!

Ethan Solomita June 16th, 2004 03:55 PM

No, I haven't been scared off. At least, not yet. 8) I just hadn't checked the thread in a bit. I must admit that I'm failing to imagine Tom in the Marines playing it "straight"!

Unfortunately I'm still not confirmed on the cruise. Three of the people traveling with me had a death in the family, and we're waiting for that to resolve. So hopefully the fare will remain available until they get back to trip planning.

I often have problems convincing friends to travel, so I take it where I can get it, and it's a strange arrangement. I'll be with two friends - a straight couple - and her parents. The couple are definitely straight-but-not-narrow, and her parents have been made that way through many years of her intervention. BTW, I'm 32, for what it's worth.

Oh, and no specific celebration. Just time for a vacation.

Thulewx June 17th, 2004 04:56 AM

Hope all goes well for the friends - condolences.
If all else fails, you could still go on your own, come sit by the pool and help me giggle at Tommy in his speedos (he wears them on his head), as he tries to attract victims.
Fair warning - the one thing I didn't care for on Gauguin was the lack of shade available around the pool area, so bring lots of SPF (the reason Tom wears the things on his head). (He's afraid to wear them elsewhere because he can never remember which side of the thong goes front and which goes in the back.)
Ahh - 32 - I remember when...
I just turned physically 50 (still mentally 18), Tommy's MUCH older. Much, much older. Ancient!
I was just checking a travel site and it still looks like there are plenty of cabins available. My last one we had 283 pax (out of 320) and the next week only had 232 booked.
If you're planning on going early, we'll be staying at the Radisson.

Tom Schaefer June 17th, 2004 11:05 AM

Well Thulemonster, why is it I look soooooo much younger?
Perhaps going to the gym helps? Tonight it is 1 hour on the stair master followed by an hour on the bike..tomorrow weights......girls gotta do what a girls gotta do to look her best.......just like you do.
As for the sun....I love it!
This will be a very active vacation.....so you better take your vitamins and get ready.
I hope Etan likes the water.......kayacking, waterskiing, snorkling etc.
By the way, wearing a speedo on the head scares people away.....predators away, unwanted pests away :-)
As far as playing it straight....12 years of USMC got me to perfect it....I only flame when I get around the Thulemonster.
Ethan...book alone, Thule, myself and Thuleys friends will keep you smiling, active and in a festive mood!

Thulewx June 17th, 2004 12:34 PM

You LOOK younger because of those special glasses you wear! And that special mirror you had installed over your nest. I mean bed.
Work out - I've seen you "work out" on the stairmaster, next to that hunk. One step, pant, pant, one step, pant, pant, swoon. And to think the guy fell for it when you said," Oh, the vapors! I'm so chilled - I need someone to hold me close and warm my body!"
I'm sure it'll be an active vacation for you, swimming hither & yon, parasailing, chasing me to get me to go parasailing...

Dad Son team June 17th, 2004 01:05 PM

You two "guys" are a hoot!

Tom Schaefer June 17th, 2004 04:07 PM

Phil, youre just jealous because the guy did fall for it..... I'm not proud...just look who my friends are....old pal, old buddy, old...........
and if it takes mirrors and I can get away with it.....if only to put glare in their eyes..then as the Marine Corps taught me...do the most with the least...but do something!
And Mr Dad and son...youre our next target :-)

Ethan Solomita June 17th, 2004 04:20 PM

Those #$#*#$!!! They wouldn't waive the single supplement. Time for a fall-back plan...
-- Ethan

Thulewx June 18th, 2004 08:18 AM

Ethan - I think they've cut the prices for this cruise about as much as they can, but, for what you get, it's still worth every penny.
Or, you could find a friend and drag him along! Someone cute. and furry would be nice. Alec Baldwin-looking would help, too. And it might be really helpful if he's blind. and rich. And available. ;-)