Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2004, 12:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Saw a great gay-theme movie

Hi all,

Art and I watched a great gay-theme movie on the Sundance channel last night. It was called "Big Eden." Honestly, a really warm movie with a wonderful story. The SF Examiner called it the ideal date movie. Check it out when you can -- it was fantastic.

Here is the plot summary from Internet Movie Data Base. (www.imdb.com):

Big Eden is a tiny fictional town in northwestern Montana, as Preston Sturges or Frank Capra might have envisioned it. Timber and Cowboy country. This is the story of Henry Hart, a successful New York Artist, who returns to the town of his childhood to care for the ailing grandfather who raised him. Back in Big Eden, Henry must come to terms with his relationship to Dean Stewart, his best friend from high School, as well as the object of his unrequited love. All these years Henry has been pining for a dream image of Dean from back then. This is also the story of Pike Dexter, the shy, unassuming Native American owner of the town's general store, who is as surprised as anyone to find himself falling in love with Henry. The people of Big Eden conspire and attempt to bring Henry and Pike together.

You can see the trailer with this link:

http://videodetective.com/home.asp?x...True&Play=TRUE

Two thumbs up from Harry Martin

[b]Get Lei'd!
Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2004, 01:48 PM
ReachTim

Default Re: Saw a great gay-theme movie

Hello Harry,
Yes, I think Big Eden is the best gay film I've ever seen. I have the VHS tape and I always share it with friends. It played in New York quite a few years ago.

By the way, do you know anything about the film's soundtrack? I'm not sure it exists. I find this very strange give that the music is really fantastic.

Sigh.....if only there was such a place as Big Eden.
Take care,
Tim

RSVP:
Carnival Ecstasy Feb 2002
Holland American Oosterdam Feb 22-29, 2004
Old February 21st, 2004, 11:36 PM
NYC95

I saw this movie a couple of years ago and loved it. It's not one of those usual gay movies with the obligatory bar scene,gym scene,etc,etc. The two leads are down to earth average guys in their thirties,not the Abercrombie and Fitch models you usually see. What I liked best about the movie was that it wasn't trying to be anything or make a political statement. It was just a a plain old love story,but between two men and I was rooting for them all the way. I wish they'd make more movies like this.
Old February 22nd, 2004, 02:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Same here! We really loved it ... Art is trying to find it on DVD

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!