Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 25th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Hi all from Harry ... cruise stop in Ensenada

Hi ... posted on Chit Chat too but wanted to check in ... hope you all are being good.

Harry

Hi everyone,

Just eanted to check in from the Baja cruise. Today is Ensenada, so I have been wandering about and happened upon this Internet cafe ... $1.50 an hour and all the Mexican music I wanna hear.

The cruise has been going quite well .. my cabin is the furthermost forward ,so I am right at the fornt of the ship. Needless to say, I heard the anchor when we stopped at Catalina ... but only time they used the anchor.

I go seated the singles table on the cruise, with all other cruise misfits ... One man who is on his honeymoon alone (guess that didn´t work out), a woman whose hubby just gota job but she went anyway, and two women from Napa. We have been having lots of good talks and enjoying each other.

Ugh on the movies this time ... sames ones I just saw on the Pride 3 weeks ago. I cannot stand to see ¨Veggietales¨ one more time ... who ever thought of a cartoon about Christian vegetables??????

Tomorrow we have one full day at sea (lay by the pool time) and then back to SD. The weather has really cooperated ... it was supposed to rain in port but it´s clear as a bell.

Missing Art tons though ... thank God for the cell phone, so I have been able to speak with him every day.

Well I will be back Friday, and then have to wait till March 11th for our next cruise ... a 2 nighter on the brand new Diamond Princess.

Well, better sign off ... then off to suck up some local color (gulp, gulp)

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2004, 10:53 PM
seattle guy

Default Re: Hi all from Harry ... cruise stop in Ensenada

why did you go without art if you miss him so much?
doesn't sound like much fun sitting with all the misfits.
isn't this ship old and rather dated?
Old February 27th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: Hi all from Harry ... cruise stop in Ensenada

Seattleguy,

I had a great time .. the "misfits" table turned out to be wonderful ... we were never at a loss for conversation. Last night, I ran into one of our tablemates, and he commented how accepting everyone was -- with me being gay, and with him being a recovering alcoholic. We all were there to have a good time, and we did.

I booked the cruise only 4 days out from sailing, and Art was not up for leaving at the last minute, so that's why I went solo. Even though I missed him, I was not crying in my soup every day. It was a nice experiment in striking up conversations with folks I didn't know. (And I admit, it was nice to have a whole cabin to myself while getting dressed) :-)

The Ecstasy looked pretty good ... some wear on fabrics here and there, but I tell you I had the best waitress and assistant waitress ... the cabin steward was super efficient, and I met a lot of nice people on board (a lot of people on their first cruise). I took a lot of ship photos and will upload a new gallery this weekend.

Thanks for asking about everything, but all in all, it was a great trip.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!