Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 5th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Todd & Jeff

Default Atlantis - Jan 2005 Eastern Caribbean

We're booked - and very excited!

Has anyone else booked this cruise yet?

It's on the Navigator of the Seas - Jan 29-Feb 5, 2005, departing from Miami. Itin. includes San Juan, St Thomas, St Martin and Nassau.

We'll be meeting up with friends we met on our last Princess cruise (thanks to an FOD party!).

Only 11 months to go!

Todd & Jeff
Sponsored Links
Old March 14th, 2004, 01:24 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to timjames
Default Re: Atlantis - Jan 2005 Eastern Caribbean

hi,

read your post! is this an atlantis event? i just check the navigator's sail schedule on icruise.com and it is available for anyone to book. or is this just a cruisemates group.

thanks for you info, we may be interested!

tim
Old March 16th, 2004, 09:35 AM
Brandon

This is because Atlantis hasn't fully commited to chartering the ship yet. They are accepting deposits to see what kind of "interest" is out there for this cruise. You can still purchase space on this sailing directly thru rccl though. If Atlantis does charter the ship, then RCCL will have to refund those booked through them...so beware.
Old March 16th, 2004, 11:32 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Atlantis - Jan 2005 Eastern Caribbean

We book with a cruise agency via their web site along with some of our friends. We have a total of 8 balcony cabins at this time. I can't see RCCL canceling this meny balcony cabins for the cruise.

Jeffry
Old March 16th, 2004, 12:16 PM
Thulewx

If RCCL has 300 cabins booked now through agencies or a chance to book the entire ship via charter guaranteed, they WILL and have cancelled prior bookings. Usually, though, they'll offer some sort of minor compensation (free upgrade, $50 off, etc).
Money is their bottom line. Especially if it's an all-gay charter that will take in 5-10 times the amount of bar revenue than a straight or mixed group. Sad truth.
Old March 22nd, 2004, 09:14 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to CanadaCruiseBoyz

We are seriously thinking about booking this Cruise with Atlantis and will probably do so this week. (Edited for content due to Cruisemates Terms of Service) They apparently have already sold over 1000 spaces already to Alumni members. It is not advertised online yet, but last week I had one of their rep's email me their 2005 Pricing structure. If you would like a copy of it you can email me and I'll send it to you - it's a pdf. file

According to their information - the ports of call are slightly different than what Todd and Jeff had stated at the outset. According to the Atlantis lierature,the ports of call are only San Juan, St.Marrten and Labadee. - too bad - we would have loved to have gone to St. Thomas again. If there is still unrest in Hati next January there probably won't be a stop in Labadee either.

We sailed with Atlantis for the first time in March 2003 on the Caribbean cruise abord the Norwegian Sky, and had the greatest time.

In checking Royal Caribbean's website, they do not show any sailing available on January 29th 2005 next year on Navigator of the Seas (probably as it has been fully chartered by Atlantis Events now)

Ian
Old March 22nd, 2004, 11:37 AM
KauaiBruce

Aloha,
The over 1000 booked number is over a month old now. There was a FRENZY booking rooms on the Hawaii cruise so I bet the number is a lot higher now. I have already started my "Who is going" and roommate matching on that cruise over at http://www.kauaibruce.com/caribbean2005/index.htm

Also check out: http://www.kauaibruce.com/atlantis/ to see pictures from past cruises.

Bruce
Old March 23rd, 2004, 10:56 PM
Passenger

Ian

When you went on the RCCL web site. Did you happen to notice that the Navigator also dose a 7 night Western Caribbean and a 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise.

My guess is (and it's only a guess) that you didn't. You may want to check again and this time click on the Eastern Caribbean search for more date. This well bring up the
Navigators scheduled departure dates for the next two years. When look you well also
see that the Departure date for the 29th of January still shows. I would like to also add
that the itinerary list in our original post still shows the same.

Now when a tour company (as you might not know) charters a ship it can change the
itinerary if the Cruise line lets them. You might be right that the itinerary has been changed I'm waiting to find out myself.

I would love to see the info you have received from Atlantis. Please send it to the following email in my profile. Thanks

Jeff
Old April 13th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Passenger

Hey,

We have a group of eleven of us that have booked for the cruise - however we have not received confirmation of our cabins, nor have they charged our deposits as of yet. We have been somewhat concerned, as we booked the cruise going on three weeks ago and we were wondering what is taking so long.

Our travel agent assures us the ship is chartered by Atlantis for that week - so we are just trying to be patient.

By the way, what is a FOD party?
Old April 14th, 2004, 01:38 AM
Passenger

Hey Howard

FOD stand for 'Friends of Dorothy' a reference to the Wizard of Oz. If a ship is going to have a meeting, it will be in the daily paper.

We also have a large group book on this cruise but we booked with a online agency, not with Atlantis.

Not sure why your deposits havn't been charged yet, ours have.

Waiting to see if we're going to be bumped off or not because on not booking with Atlantis. If we do, we have a back up plan ready to go.

Jeff
Old April 14th, 2004, 07:43 AM
Passenger

Jeff,

What on-line travel agent did you book with? What is your back up plan? I guess we should probably have a contingent plan as well. I just wish they could finalize things so we will know for sure if a) the cruise is on; b) where the ports of call are going to be; and c) if we got the rooms we wanted.

Oh well, hopefully we'll see you all on the 29th! Where are you all from? Most of us are from Ohio and a couple from Chicago.
Old April 14th, 2004, 11:11 AM
KauaiBruce

Default Re: Re: Re: Atlantis - Jan 2005 Eastern Caribbean

I emailed Atlantis directly about this. I got the following reply:

"You are correct. Royal Caribbean is still taking reservation for our
charter. Once all details regarding the charter have been finalized, the
cruise line will have to either credit their clients the cruise or book them
on another cruise.

All Atlantis reservation have to be booked through either a travel agent or
Atlantis directly. We have control of all the inventory for the charter.

For guests who are booking with RCCL directly, unfortunately, we have no
control over their bookings."

=================
Once that paperwork is done Atlantis will bill us. I would expect my deposit to go through at the same time we see the cruise actually listed on the main Atlantis site and not just in the Alumni area.
Old April 14th, 2004, 11:21 AM
KauaiBruce

Regarding deposits. I would guess that if you use a Travel Agent that then books through Atlantis that they (the Travel Agent) might have taken a deposit. If you book through Atlantis directly then no deposits are charged until the final paperwork with the line is done.
Old June 9th, 2004, 12:36 PM
AZ Guys

My partner Kevin and I booked yesterday. We will be heading to Miami for a few pre-cruise days on Jan 27th with another couple from Arizona. Very excited, this is our first Atlantis adventure and our friends second.
Old June 13th, 2004, 08:07 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to CanadaCruiseBoyz

Hey there AZ Guys:

Great to see that you'll be joining us on the January Atlantis Cruise. We too will be going to Miami on Jan 27th for a few pre-cruise days too. We haven't booked a hotel yet, but we have booked our flights.

You will be very happy with your decision of joining an Atlantis Cruise. We took our first Atlantis cruise in March 2003. My bf and I have actually created a webpage that gives a little bit of insight into what an Atlantis Cruise is like. Check it out if you are interested:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/ian.snelson

Hope to meet up with you guys on the cruise.

Take care,

Ian
Old September 29th, 2004, 07:58 AM
jhuck

stop in the Tropics restaurant in Fort Lauderdale before you depart.
Joe
Old October 5th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Christian

Hi there,
I am also booked on this cruise. I've been on a couple of cruises but this is going to be my first gay cruise. I'm going with a good friend of mine. I am 35 years old and live in Connecticut. Tell me about yourself ?
Cheers,
Christian