Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Tom Schaefer

Default Rotterdam in 05

I am considering sailing on the Rotterdam next Feb on her 10 day cruise that does a partial of the Panama Canal. Alternative.... sail RSVP on the Westerdam instead and have to be concerned with having a room mate to share. If I do a single on RSVP for 7 days its as costly as the 10 day on the Rotterdam on my own...whats a guy, girl, FOD to do?
Has anyone sailed on the Rotterdam, and if so any comments/ suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Jerry and Kirk

Default Re: Rotterdam in 05

We have sailed on the Rotterdam twice. First, the maiden voyage and then 2 years later. The ship is very comfortalbe and easy to get around. Food and service is top notch and cabins are usually more spacious than other comparable ships. We don't know your age, but the Rotterdam tends to attract older folks because many of their journeys are longer cruises and it's the older people that can afford it, but since the cruise your talking about is only 10 days, I suspect you'll get a younger crowd. If you want more info email us.

J & K
Old March 13th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Darrell6t

Default Re: Rotterdam in 05

We just got back from the 10 day Panama Canal cruise on the Rotterdam. It has been heavily discounted this spring and we got a very good deal. It was a VERY sedate cruise. Many wheelchairs, walkers and oxygen bottles. The ship and the service and the food were all quite good. The staff is wonderful. But the energy level for the whole cruise wouldn't add up to one party on RSVP. So, it depends on what you are looking for. Relaxation and sunshine were abundant. Gay people were nearly nonexistent. We had nice people at our table for 8, and that was a big plus.

If you would go as a single on RSVP anyway, why not help pay for one of your friends to go along? Make sure he knows no strings are attached and have an RSVP time.
Old March 16th, 2004, 11:56 AM
Tom Schaefer

Default Re: Re: Rotterdam in 05

Thanks for all the feedback.
Since I am going to a pricey vacation later in 2005 (September) for my Birthday, I am going to forgo the Rotterdam and look into the RSVP cruise on the Westerdam....a big savings. It has been a while since I have sailed with RSVP (had to cancel on the cruise last month due to work). I'll save the bucks towards Radisson in Sept 2005 in the Med.
The idea of a share is iffy, but since I keep a clean cabin, and spend so little time in it I should pose no problem to a roomy. As long as I get sleep......I am a happy camper.

Westerdam...too big a ship for my taste.....but I need a Festive cruise for a change and this is a good choice. Its RSVP's 20th anniversary...so maybe a good time will be had by all.
Thanks for the words of advise.