Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2004, 06:34 PM
Manheck

Default Any FOD on the Jewel Transatlantic in September

Hi - My partner and I will be on the Jewel of the Sea on the Transatlantic Leaving Harwich in September. Anyother family sailing with us?
Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2004, 10:07 AM
Mark Weitzel

Default Re: Any FOD on the Jewel Transatlantic in September

Hello fellow Jewel of the Seas Traveler,

We are also looking forward to sailing on the Sept 01, 2004 sailing of the Jewel Transatlantic. Good to know other gay travelers will be aboard. My name is Mark and my Partner is Jason. We sailed on the Brillance of the Seas Transatlantic in 2002 and there were so many gay couples aboard it was unreal and it wasn't a gay cruise.
Old May 16th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Mark Weitzel

Hello Fellow Jewel of the Seas Traveler,

My partner and I will also be sailing. Give us a shout at:
vacation4mark@aol.com or mjlanc@aol.com

Mark and Jason
Old May 16th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Jerry and Kirk

Hi,

We are considering this cruise after spending a week or so in London. Our search indicates that 9 of the 18 cabin catagories are sold out (unusually early we think) and whatever is left seems pricy to us.....for what you get. Sometimes larger travel agencies buy block space and are able to offer better priceing. Anyone know if there are any agencies holding block space on this particular cruise? If things work out, we'll see you onboard.

Kirk & Jerry
Old May 18th, 2004, 09:48 PM
Manheck

Default Re: Re: Any FOD on the Jewel Transatlantic in September

Glad to see other Family on the cruise we are going to be traveling with a group of 4 male couples and know of two other couples we meet on the Serenade TransAtlantic Last august from Amsterdam. Last I heard the ship is almost completly sold out.

Ken and Dave -
Old May 20th, 2004, 02:06 PM
bob @ cor

We did the trip last year on the Grandeur. Had a great tim. Yesterday we returned from the Grand Princess ( transatlantic) and we met Jewel in Kopen hagen. Beautiful ship and if our work permits we will be doing this trip too. We will let you know. See pics on www.gaydar.nl/boco010

Greetz Bob and Cor
Old June 12th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Clive & Dick

Dear Fellow FODs: I and my partner of 31 years will also be on this cruise after some time in London. This is our second cruise this year (Oosterdam in March) but this one is a little more special in that we are now traveling as an "old married couple". We live the Metro- Boston area; and Boston being the last port of call means that the return trip will be infinitely more pleasant than by air. Have not sailed this particular ship before so its nice to know that there will be other FODs on board. Give us a shout at cegodwin@rcn.com.
Old June 13th, 2004, 09:50 PM
Gary Kulash

Hey Ken and Dave!

Just was browsing the boards and happened to see your post. Ian and I can't go onboard with you guys, unfortunately, but hopefully we'll all meet again soon! We had a blast hanging out with you on Galaxy in March...was great to have another couple to sit down and have drinks with and chat with for hours on end :-)

Have a great crossing on the Atlantic!

Gary Kulash
www.badelephant.com
Old June 14th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Manheck

Default Re: Re: Re: Any FOD on the Jewel Transatlantic in September

Dave and I are also newleyweds on this cruise. Two of the other coupples we are traveling with will also be married by then. Isn't Mass. great!. LOooking forward to meeting on board and swapping Wedding stories.

Gary and Ian, wish you could be onbard as well. It looks like it is going to be a great cruise

Ken and Dave
Old June 30th, 2004, 08:06 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Any FOD on the Jewel Transatlantic in Septem

Dear Dave and Ken: Congratulations to you both and, yes, isn't Massachusetts great,? We are looking forward to this cruise, especially a restfull five days at sea. Give us an email before your trip begins, if you have the opportunity; would enjoy hearing from you . Clive and Dick.
Old June 30th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Jerry and Kirk

Hi fellow shipmates, or "maybe" fellow shipmates. We are on the verge of booking this cruise today (if we want to take advantage of the Crown and Anchor membership discount that expires today) , but are having difficulties trying to coordinate an organized land tour of England prior to the cruise..... because dates are not gelling together. We have never been to England before so we don't know our way around and thought an organized tour would be a better way to go for the first time. Even though friends tell us it's easy to get around, and you can take day trips outside of the city (offered at most hotels) we still would feel more comfortable on an organized tour. ANY suggestions?.....offer options? Need a QUICK answer. Thanks in advance!

Jerry and Kirk

Hollywood Ca.
Old August 3rd, 2004, 09:22 PM
manheck

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Any FOD on the Jewel Transatlantic in Se

Hi - Can't believe the cruise is less than a month away! We are so excited that we can't stand it. We are leaving for London on the 27th so we will have a few days there to enjoy the city. Looking forward to meeting you on board.

Ken and Dave
Old August 4th, 2004, 08:56 AM
Passenger

Hey guys, I just confirmed myself yesterday. I will be traveling solo, (my honey can’t take the time off). Glad to know there is “family” on board, hope you don’t mind if I hang out with ya’ll every now and then. Meanwhile I have tons of questions.

Just to begin with.

1. What is the weather like, what kind of clothes, summer, fall or both?
2. Is anyone going to Normandy?
3. Is it easy to make your own way from London to the pier or should I book the transfers?

My email is jjjorishie@yahoo.com
Old August 4th, 2004, 10:30 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to pridevacation

From Sept. 12, 2004, through Oct. 22, 2005, Royal Caribbean International's Jewel of the Seas will reportedly operate an innovative new 10-night roundtrip itinerary from Boston that combines Bermuda and the Caribbean. Guests will enjoy port calls at King's Wharf, Bermuda including an overnight there, as well as calls at Labadee in Haiti, St. Maarten, and Tortola, B.V.I. Prices are expected from $1,399 per person double. Sailing its inaugural season in Europe this summer, Jewel of the Seas will launch New England/Canadian cruises next month in Boston.

Darrell

June 4, 20004 American Queen
November 20, 2004RCCL Grandeur/Seas
January 29, 2005 Carnival Sensation
September 11, 2006 Carnival Holiday
Old August 24th, 2004, 11:24 AM
Passenger

I have pulled my bags out, but they don’t seem to be packing themselves, all they have done is freak out the dog. Good grief what to pack? Its getting close.

jjjorishie@yahoo.com