Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 13th, 2004, 10:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default do gay women cruise???

I never read any posts from any women. Don't lesbians like to cruise????
My partner and I love curiseing, we would love to hear from other women who like
cruiseing.
gigi
Sponsored Links
Old April 14th, 2004, 09:41 PM
danad

Default Re: do gay women cruise???

my partner and I will be taking our first cruise this Nov. We are sailing on Princess and are doing the 10 day Southern Caribbean. Nervous, anxious, and excited kind of sums it up. What has your experience been cruising any info would be appreciated.......
Old April 15th, 2004, 05:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

we went to alaska in 2002 on the summit. Had agreat time. We had no problems with anything, the only eyebrow that went up is when we asked our cabin sewart to put the beds together. Once he "got it" that was it. we loved curiseing, we had our pictures taken on formal night the photographer was "family", so he knew what to do.
We are going again this fall on the vision, I hope it will as nice as the summit was.
You should have a great time, several years ago my partner went on an all women "olivia" curise, she says never again.
You know how gay women can be, half the grils were nice the other half all had a stick up their butts.
g
Old April 15th, 2004, 09:54 AM
First Mate

It is nice to see a couple of posts from women on this board. I was also beginning to think gay women did not cruise. My partner and I have been to the Southern Caribbean twice, and we absolutely loved it. Our next cruise is planned for January, and we are again going to the Southern Caribbean. We are sailing on Royal Caribbean's Serenade of the Seas, and it is a beautiful ship. We haven't had any problems travelling as a couple on either Royal Caribbean or the Norwegian Sky. We like Royal Caribbean much better, though both were wonderful vacations. The first time we cruised, we both got seasick on our first sea day, but that was because we didn't take anything medicine-wise. If you are concerned about that, I would recommend starting to take Bonine (available at the grocery store) the day before you leave. It is a once a day pill, and after we got it into our system, we felt great. We didn't have a single problem on our second cruise. Enjoy your cruises!
Old April 15th, 2004, 11:10 AM
diannem

My partner and I will be going on the Mexican Riviera cruise thru RSVP next week. This is our second RSVP cruise and we just loved the first one. We have cruised 3 times previously, but really enjoy the friendly atmosphere of all gay cruise. RSVP is mostly men but there are plenty of lesbians also. The men were great. I know several lesbian couples that have cruised on Olivia and they find that its too much of a fashion show and really too snooty for them. We will probably only str8 cruise if we are going with family from now on.
Dianne and Laura
Old April 15th, 2004, 12:02 PM
Passenger

I have written many times on this board. I am a Holland America loyalist. Just got off the Oosterdam. My gaydar went off quite a bit. Going on the Veendam Nov 6th and Westerdam for NEW YEAR'S EVE!!! Whoooohoooooo.
Old April 15th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

I agree the men are lots of fun and if i ever did an all gay curise it would be with a mix of men and women. All women can be a bit MUCH, But the men are lots of fun and laughs.
Old April 16th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Tom Schaefer

Default Re: Re: do gay women cruise???

I wish more women would do the gay charters........I never understood the separation of guys and gals on land and in bars anyway......why is it gay men and lesbian women.....we are all in the same situation in the eyes of society.
The nmore gals the better! :^)
Old April 16th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Here-here, Tom!

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old April 17th, 2004, 09:13 AM
RitaL

I am going on my first cruise on Caribbean Princess 10/16-10/23. Any G&L going that date? First timer. i am actually looking for something sooner. Can't wait. The price are all up for the summer though. did anyone try skyauction.com? is it reliable?

Rita
Old April 17th, 2004, 12:47 PM
Admiral

Rita, for cruises, skyauction seems to be off the mark price-wise. I see that by and large, the winning bids often exceed the price you can get through other TAs and online agencies.

However, I can say that we several times have got great deals on renting timeshare units that someone is not using. About 3-4 times, we have got the Lawrence Welk Resort in Palm Springs (a 1 bedroom on the golf course) for $211 for the week. (That's about $37 a night!)

We usually can get that rate in the summer when it's blazing hot, but last year we got it Labor Day week and during Spring Break.

Our highest bid was $11 and then they tack on $195 in fees.

Hope that helps.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old April 19th, 2004, 10:15 PM
kelly moore

we have asked the same question. we have just started cruising and we love it. we are going to try to do a cruise a year.
Old April 20th, 2004, 06:40 AM
Cruise Maniac

kelly
we love to cruise too!!!!
Wish more gay women would be active on this site.
My partner and I have cruised to alaska and we are going again in sept. can't wait.
g
Old April 20th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Admiral

We ran into a group of about 6 women on the Spirit and had a great time yacking with them about our trip so far as we waited in line for the dining room to catch up with the diners.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old April 20th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Beginner

Hello To All,

My girlfriend and I are going on the Galaxy. We will be leaving on November 1. We were looking for other lesbians to cruise along with us. Know any one who wants to go? Guys don't get offended, gay guys are just as fun to hang out with. Would like to get to know some people who are going on this cruise.

DeeJanie
Old April 21st, 2004, 08:46 AM
Passenger

I will be on the Veendam November 6th and Westerdam December 27th. Anyone else?
Old April 21st, 2004, 05:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

my partner and I are going on the Vision on sept 10th would love to know if other gay women or men are going.
g
Old April 21st, 2004, 09:38 PM
danad

partner and I will be on the Dawn 11-030-04 any family?????
Old April 22nd, 2004, 01:03 PM
DDeJesus68

My partner and I will be on the Voyager of the Sea cruising the Western Carribean on April 25, 2004. This will be our first cruise. If we like it which I think we will we are already planning for next year.

I agree women are much harder to pull together then men. Without putting my foot in my mouth (oh h*** I don't care, I was once told that we didn't trust each other enough to commit to long friendships). I don't know, after 7 years with my partner, I trust her whole heartedly.

Anyone family going to be on our ship. If so would love to get together.

Doreen
Old April 22nd, 2004, 02:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Doreen
you maybe right, I don't kinow but gay women do have LOTS of issues with each other.
My partner and I have been together for 11 years. We love to go on vacation everywhere I wish we had lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$. We like all kinds of people, we have fun no matter what.
g
Old April 22nd, 2004, 03:18 PM
DDeJesus68

Gigi:

Congratulations to you and yours. 11 years is great. If we like this cruise (first timers) I want to book for Spain next September. Something to think about. It is a 7 day cruise with RCCL going Florence, Nice, etal starting in Barcelona. Now that the kids are gone I promised we would go away at least once a year and I mean take an all out vacation. This will be our first vacation believe it or not. So we are really hyped.

Listen - email me anytime we are in the Poconos in PA we are always looking for new friends.

D -
Old April 22nd, 2004, 03:48 PM
MCJ

My DP and I like cruises. In fact, we will be on Carnival's Inspiration boat during the week of May 16-22, 2004. We are going on the Western Caribbean cruise.

MCJ
Old April 24th, 2004, 06:05 PM
kelly moore

sandra and i have been on several princess cruises. we have not had a problem with anybody. the staff is very friendly and very accommodating. have a great time!
Old April 26th, 2004, 11:13 PM
justus

Hello to all, I've checked this board a few times and rarely see any women responding. My partner, of 26 years, and I cruised to Alaska last May. We went on a Holland ship, the Prinsedam, and had a fantastic time. This year we decided to try Olivia and booked for the Boston to Montreal in July. We are very excited and look forward to dancing, holding hands, and being ourselves. The problem with Olivia is the price but we decided to go for it this one time. Maybe next time we'll try RSVP.
Old April 27th, 2004, 06:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi
I am sure you will have a great time.
gigi
Old April 28th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Passenger

My partner and I LOVE to cruise. We've been on only straight cruises only because I think the gay cruises are way too expensive. But you are paying for being on a gay-only cruise. Still we never have any problems on straight cruises. People have always been nice. We are going on Celebrity's Mercury next week to Alaska.
Old April 28th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Admiral

I'm with you, Love ... I think gay folks think the straight cruises will be all side looks etc. Yea, we get some, but I just ignore 'em. The positive responses have been so much greater.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old April 29th, 2004, 06:23 AM
Cruise Maniac

we love it also, and we never have any problems, people are very nice.
I think the main issue is if your nice and comfortable with yourself people are nice in return.
viv
Old April 29th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Admiral

Great point, Viv.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old May 1st, 2004, 04:49 PM
kelly moore

we agree with you on that. we are going to Hawaii next march 13 with NCL. is anybody else thinking about cruising the islands?