Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2004, 09:49 PM
TonyV

Default Island Princess LAX HNL LAX 11/05/04

Scott and I (Tony) will be sailing out on the beautiful Island Princess for a 15 day Hawaiian cruise in November 2004 from Los Angeles. Let us know who else is on board. Can't wait, AND DON'T FORGET YOUR PURELL HAND CLEANSER!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2004, 01:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: Island Princess LAX HNL LAX 11/05/04

Tony, I was *so* tempted to book that cruise (I hate to fly, and it's the only way I could see Hawaii). But with buying a new house this month (and all the accompanying bills) I thought I should save some dinero.

Have a wonderful time ... my co-worker is on the Regal doing that cruise right now.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old May 2nd, 2004, 07:16 AM
TonyV

Harry, thanks for the reply. I too hate to fly and have not flown since I completed my twenty year stint as a flight attendant. Sounds bizarre huh? But since Scott and I met there in Hawaii 15 years ago when I was a dashing young PAA F/A and he was a more dashing and younger AWA F/A, we thought it might be nice to try to re-create that moment in time that seems like only yesterday. Now just let me say this about this "re-creating that moment in time stuff", it can be done I'm sure, however, the "it seems like only yesterday part" is tough if there are any mirrors in the area! All kidding aside, we count our blessings everyday and for the most part we live life to the fullest and include as many cruises as our pocketbooks will allow, even if once in a while I have to jam my aging, former dashing self, on the big aluminum tube. Thanks again Harry for the reply and we definitely will have a great time.
Old May 2nd, 2004, 12:09 PM
Admiral

Tony, on the mirror part (as I stare at 15 more pounds than 9 years ago). :-)

By the way, just a reminder, all cabins come with robes ... just ask the steward if they are not in the cabin.

The thought of all those days at sea is wonderful! That's when I super-relax. And I am so happy they are having teh Island doing that route now, instead of the older Regal. That cruise is a definite must-do in the coming year or two.

Hope you two have a wonderful anniversary! (Art and I would only have to re-create a blind date at the Hungry Hunter restaurant :-)

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old May 2nd, 2004, 03:12 PM
TonyV

Hmmmmm, Robes huh? Has it come to Robes? Thank God yes, it has!
Old May 16th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Scott c

Still looking forward to others going on this great cruise ---let us know!!!!!!
Old June 1st, 2004, 07:28 AM
TonyV

I wish I knew how to get that CRAZY little countdown clock on my posts, but alas, I am a computer moron! So, I will have to make my own.

Let's hear from others going on this trip. Scott and I talked our two friends (who I met in 1975 when I was just 18, Scott was just 10 so he was not there!) to join us and we booked cabins side by side. They have been together for over 35 years! We have done so many cruises with them and we always have a good time. For those of you familiar with most all of the newer ships, the balcony divider, in most cases, can be opened. On the last trip we did with these guys we had five (5) full suites on the MS Zuiderdam because they were having a family reunion on the trip and we got the full suites for $999 each. When a deal like that comes along you just gotta take it. You should have seen it with all of the balcony dividers opened, it was like we had the run of half of the whole side of the ship. It was awesome.

This time we are in regular balcony cabins on the Island Princess on the Baha deck almost the exact same rooms we had on it's sister ship the Coral Princess when we did the Panama Canal earlier this year. It's all good. Hope to see some of you there!

COUNTDOWN CLOCK TO SAIL on ISLAND PRINCESS *NOT SOON ENOUGH!*
Old June 4th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Scott c

Hopfully there are some other people going to join us on this curise ------ I am sure it is going to be a wonderful cruise and many afternoon cocktails on the sea days----Happy Sailing

Old June 4th, 2004, 07:51 PM
Scott c

Help my countdown clock came up wrong!!!!!!!!!!!will try again
[img]http:/cruise-forums.com/countdown.php?month=11&year=2004&day=5&hour=1700[/img]
Old June 4th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Scott c

This is my last attempt-------after this I go back to tonys way of counting down[img]http:/cruise-forums.com/countdown.php?month=11&year=2004&day=05&hour=1700[/img]
Old June 5th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Admiral

Scott ... try reading the tips again about adding a tag to your signature.

On teh countdown, I usually cut and paste the example, and alter accordingly.

(In fact, need to add one to my signature!)

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old June 7th, 2004, 09:10 PM
soflascott

Thanks Harry for the information ---- I will try it one more time on my own(just to see if i can do it) and then I will try the cut and paste------Hopfully it will work this time:-)
Old June 8th, 2004, 06:48 AM
TonyV

Apparently, Scott and I are in the same boat (no pun intended) when it comes to computers! Since we are sailing out on 05 November 2004 it appears his countdown clock is still a bit off. Thank God he's cute! Thanks Harry for trying to help us out. TonyV
Old July 1st, 2004, 07:38 AM
TonyV

Woo Hoo! It's July 01and I'm here to update the TonyV version of the cruise countdown clock since Scott and I are hopelessly stupid when it comes to the real countdown clock.

From this date: One Hundred Twenty Seven days 'till we cruise on the beautiful Island Princess!!!!

Be there! 05 November 2004
Old July 27th, 2004, 06:53 PM
TonyV

Well, unfortunatley our friends have cancelled their booking on this trip due to a medical situation, BUT SCOTT AND I ARE STILL GOING! Join Us! 05 NOV 04, Island Princess LAX-HNL-LAX 15 days of bliss.
Old July 28th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Alex

Speaking of hand sanitizer Princess is obsessed with it. There are little stations which squirt the stuff on your hand ALL OVER -- even at the AIRPORT! It made me so happy. One woman even did not want to give me a plate until I used it. I told her i JUST showered and i never touch handrails etc. She was not happy... IT WAS GREAT
Old July 29th, 2004, 12:46 AM
TonyV

mosthappy fella:

I'm glad that Princess is requiring the purell. A cruise line after my own heart! TonyV
Old July 29th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Beginner

Hi Tony,

I see that Kevin and I will be leaving the ship the day Scott and you get on board. We will be the 2 guys with great big grins on our faces because we had such a wonderful & wild time ! Enjoy your trip.

Mark & Kevin
Old July 31st, 2004, 12:53 AM
TonyV

Thanks in advance Mark & Kevin for bringin' her in! TonyV
Old August 16th, 2004, 11:20 AM
TonyV

Countdown going well....uh, but are we the only two (according to G.W. Bush) sexually preferenceley ( I know ....I know ....not a word) challenged guys going on this beautiful cruise. I'm getting concerned.....I've woken (< also probably not a word) up for the last 15 years looking at Scotts adorable face, but when I get on deck I wanna see a couple of other adorable faces! Lets hear from you guys sailing on the Beautiful Island Princess 11/05/04 from Los Angeles. TonyV
Old August 16th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Admiral

Tony on your post.

I think with that long of a cruise, you will surely ("and don't call me surely") have some gay couples on board. You know, disposable income and everything. :-)

I am really looking at it for this coming year as the big cruise.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old September 16th, 2004, 09:03 AM
TonyV

Countdown continues.........Island Princess 11/05/04 Hawaiian Island 15 Day cruise Leaving from and returning to Los Angeles is now just 49 Days away! Anyone else onboard yet? I'll keep checkin. TonyV.
Old October 2nd, 2004, 11:55 PM
TonyV

only 29 more days till..........paradise on the waves!
Old October 11th, 2004, 09:28 AM
TonyV

Mark and Kevin

I know you two will be sailing out in just a matter of days now. Could you please contact me via my e-mail direct before you sail? If you click on My name at the top of the post it should go to my e-mail address and I can ask you a question via reply. I tried to e-mail you direct that way but it didn't work. As you can see from my previous posts, I was born before the computers and am mostly clueless to, well, anything about computers. I just had a question for you guys. No big deal if you can't respond back. Have a great trip. Scott and I will def do the same. TonyV
Old October 11th, 2004, 09:31 AM
TonyV

Guess my name has to be blue before you can reach me direct! Hope this works!
Old October 11th, 2004, 09:44 PM
Beginner

Hi Tony and Scott,

I tried e-mailing you but do not know if it went through correctly or not. Here is my yahoo e-mail: sailnpb@yahoo.com and be sure to put Island Princess in the subject line.
Old October 14th, 2004, 09:21 PM
Scott anfd Fabian

Hi Tony,
Let us know how your Hawaiian cruise on Princess goes. My partner and I are booked on this same cruise but not until Feb. 18th 2005. We went on Princess in June to the Caribbean and had a fantastic time. We met 6 other gay boys to party with. Had a blast. This 15 day cruise will be my first cruise longer than 7 days. Hope you have a great time.
Scott
Old October 17th, 2004, 10:20 AM
TonyV

Woo Hoo............18 days and counting. Just up-dating the TonyV version of the cruise countdown clock! Thanks for your post Scott and Fabian. I will keep you posted. This being your first cruise longer than 7 days is going to be excellent! When I do the 7 day cruises, I am always saying, "wow, four whole days left" or "wow, three whole days left". It's wonderful to be able to say "wow, twelve whole days left". Even after you have surpassed your seven days you still haven't reached the halfway point in your upcoming hawaiian cruise. You will love it! The only downside is that pound a day weight gain thing. But as long as your there having a great time with your partner (who is also subjected to that pound a day rule!), and you not there trying to find a partner, who cares!

As you know, Scott and I have been together for 15 years, so enjoying each others company and enjoying each others company while we are enjoying the food far outweighs (no pun intended) the downside of the inevitable weight gain.

Woo Hoo...........18 days! TonyV
Old October 17th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Admiral

Tony, I am getting so excited for you guys! I hope you come back with lots of photos to share. And, we *expect* you to report back and let us know how it all went. :-)

By the way, one food tip -- usually the first night, Princess puts this seafood calzone on the menu. I love seafood, but after tasting it, I can offer this advice: If you see it, order it, then throw it back into the sea. It's disgusting! I have never seen so many people in the restaurant send something back (and me included, which I *never* do).

Just another thought ... I don't know if you remember, but Princess puts those bogus shampoo packets in each cabin, which turn to mush after one shower. So pack that shampoo.

Oh, and one more thing ... pack me!!! I wanna go! OK, I do have the Diamond in less than 2 weeks, so I am not cruise-less.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old October 17th, 2004, 11:50 PM
TonyV

Harry,

First and foremost, thanks for getting excited for us! All good advise as well. I have never had the calzone, I usually go for the easily identifiable fare but sometimes venture to the unknown, especially on the longer cruises, so thanks for the heads up. I'm almost certain my first dinner onboard is almost always MEAT! It's also funny you mention the shampoo. I am probably the one guy who takes Full Size of all bathroom items. Full bars of soap, full size shampoo, full size listerine etc. It's weird but it makes me feel as if I'll be there longer. I do take many, many small bottles of Purell hand cleanser tho!

Have a great time on the Diamond. TonyV