Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 21st, 2004, 04:14 PM
Passenger

Default Men at Sea or Dorothy joins Luncheon Club

We have just returned from a wonderful cruise. 14 day Transatlantic aboard the beautiful Celebrity Cruise Lines. Constellation.

One of the Men called a FOD meeting that was attended by well over 20. Unfortunately like all first meetings, proceedings are meet and greet and enthusiastic. However, cool and slow. Just like other FOD meetings they tend to finish up quickly because of timing.The room may have to be used for other ship board events or other reasons.So we wonder off and think ,well that was a good meet and greet,however is that going to happen again and i wonder if we will see those guys or ladies again? Try the LUNCHEON CLUB.

We quickly asked all present at our FOD if they would like to meet for lunch. Surprise,surprise all put their hands up so we quickly found out who the Maitred was and booked 2 tables of 10 + for 1230 pm on our next sea day. At first the Maitred was indifferent however its amazing what $5.00 will do. Pronto 3 tables crisp white table cloths 5 waiters and a maitred looking after over 20 very happy guys and some girls. Nearly a two hour lunch thoroughly enjoyed by all. Meeting all in a very happy and relaxed enviroment. Smiling, exchanging addresses, taking photos. Its a great way to meet and it works well on that sea day. We repeated the LUNCHEON CLUB. The cruise director was happy to publicise our next FOD LUNCHEON CLUB in the daily news sheet.

Well i hope that on your next cruise when you call for the FOD meeting that you dont forget to follow it up with the LUNCHEON CLUB. Its easy to organise and great rewarding fun to meet your fellow MAN.
Sponsored Links
Old May 22nd, 2004, 08:03 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Men at Sea or Dorothy joins Luncheon Club

That's such a great idea! Thank you for sharing it. You're right. I was impressed with the FOD get togethers on RCCL too, but it did fizzle out quickly and not amount to much afterward. I will definitely try this. Steve
Old May 22nd, 2004, 11:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Camp, what a great idea. Especially with all the sea days, I bet a long lunch was a much-anticipated event.

Thanks for sharing.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old May 22nd, 2004, 11:55 AM
Eric & Martin

hey love the idea

cool

ERIC & MARTIN
Old May 26th, 2004, 12:30 AM
Jerry and Kirk

Default Re: Re: Men at Sea or Dorothy joins Luncheon Club

GREAT idea Campingman !!! We'll give it a try on our next cruise.

Jerry & Kirk
Old June 11th, 2004, 03:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Just got back from a WONDERFUL cruise on Coral Princess Vancouver-Whittier (22-29 May). Kept on looking for FOD meetings in Princess Patter, but didn't see one. There were obviously other couples on board, but we all generally stayed to ourselves. Oh well...an opportunity missed. Being only my 2nd cruise, I didn't realize someone had to actually organize the FOD event. Do you generally spell out Friends of Dorothy or just say FOD? Would most GLBT cruisers know what this means? Just curious for my next cruise.
Old June 11th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Men at Sea or Dorothy joins Luncheon Club

PJ
Yes your right a FOD get together has to be organized through the cruise director.
Im sure after reading through these threads full of cruising information that you will be aware of what to do next time.Just hold your head up high,choose your words carefully to present to the cruise director and next thing you will know you will have a listing in the daily newsletter plus your own private meeting space and magic,all these friendly men around you.And what to do next?Dont forget to suggest the LUNCHEON CLUB as a follow up.
Enjoy.
Old June 14th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Todd R

Default Re: Re: Re: Men at Sea or Dorothy joins Luncheon Club

When we were on the Gand this past October the FOD party was 'automatically' in the Patter. Interestingly enough, it was listed as "Friends of Dorothy / Rainbow Get-together".