Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 22nd, 2004, 01:12 PM
Beginner

Default Westerdam/Baltic July 18

Hi,
My partner and I are wondering if any FOD will be travelling on this cruise from Copenhagen to Harwich--departing July 18??
We are also looking for another couple (or two?) to join us on a Red October of St. Petersburg (itinerary below).
Hope to hear from you!!
Thanks,
Bob and Ray

Itinerary:
St. Petersburg, Russia1-day Shore Excursion Program

July 23, Friday--9 HOURS

08:00 AM - Departure from the pier for Tsarskoe Selo,
09:00 AM - Arrival to Tsarskoe Selo
09:30 AM - Visit of the Catherine’s Palace. The origins of the Palace go back to 1717, when Catherine I commissioned the German architect Johann Braunstein to build a stone house. After her death her daughter, the future Tsarina Elizabeth I, inherited the property. Like Elizabeth I, Catherine the Great frequently stayed in Tsarskoye Selo. The palace was created by the best artists of XVIII and XIX centuries. The most famous Amber Room with the walls paneled with amber was completely lost during the WWII is restored completely. (Early admission to the Catherine’s Palace on special arrangement included in the cost)
10:30 AM - Stroll in the beautiful Catherine park with its numerous pavilions and small palaces, ponds and canals, marble statues and monuments
11:00 AM - Departure for Peterhof. Drive 30km/19 miles west of St. Petersburg.
11:30 AM - Lunch at Russian village “Shuvalovka”Cold appetizersMeat salad village style with potato, vegetables and mayonnaise or Squid salad of White Russian sea packed in salmon bagsSoupsBorsch with garlic or Russian cabbage soup “Schi”Main coursesBeef “Stroganoff” with mashed potato or rice or Fillet of pike baked under sour cream with onion, served with potato or riceDessertApple pirogue or Jelly of berries with whipped creamBread, butter, mineral water, coffee or tea USD 25 pp
01:00 PM01:30 PM - Arrival in Peterhof: “Russian Versailles”, official Summer Residence of Russian Tsars.- Stroll through the wonderful “Lower Park” with its 150 fountains, cascades and various pavilions, palaces, among them the small and cozy “Mon Plaisir” of Peter the Great on the very coast of the sea. - Visit to the Monplaisir Palace (small palace), the favorite of Peter I on the very coast of Baltic Sea preserving the memory of the greatest of Russian Tsars and illustrating his private life style.
02:30 PM - Drive back to the city.
03:30 PM - Visit to the Yusupovs’ Palace, one of the four the richest family of Russia had in St. Petersburg:· Gala and living rooms of the palace famous by the refined tastes of its owners· Golden Theater, the most famous among the private theaters of St. Petersburg, small copy of Bolshoi Theater in MoscowCellars of the palace where in December 1916 the favorite of the last Russian Tsar G. Rasputin was killed by F. Yusupov, Grand Duke Dmitry and other conspirators.
04:30 PM - Drive back to the pier
05:00 PM - Return to the ship
06:00 PM - Ship’s departure

The per person cost of the program without lunch:
If you are 2 is $ 262 pp, if you are 4 is $ 183 pp, if you are 6 is $ 149 pp, if you are 8 is $ 131 pp, if you are 10 is $ 121 pp.
The above costs include car transportation, highly qualified English speaking guide services, entrance fees to the museums and early admission to the Catherine’s Palace on special arrangement as mentioned in the program.
Sponsored Links