Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 10th, 2004, 08:08 PM
First Mate

Default Hyatt Condado Beach Resort in San Juan

Anyone stayed here pre-cruise? How did you get to the pier? We are sailing with RCCL in January, and I got a room for 2 nights for $80/night on Priceline. Should I arrange for the transportation ahead of time or just wing it in San Juan. Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old June 11th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Hyatt Condado Beach Resort in San Juan

Hi Julie,

Sure it's not the Hyatt DORADO Beach. Don't think there is a Hyatt in Condado.

If it is Dorado, which is farther from downtown, you'll need a cab which are plentiful at the airport. Not sure about cabs FROM Dorado though. You should check out rental cars. Just cruised in April from SJU and rented a car and returned it to the city office in Condado. Reasonable rate and the cab ride from Condado to the pier was only $10 (AVIS).

Good Luck!
Old June 12th, 2004, 10:12 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Hyatt Condado Beach Resort in San Juan

Of course you are right cruiseboys....I guess if I am asking for information, I should supply the right hotel. I had my map out, and that is where all the confusion starts. :-) It is the Hyatt Dorado, and thanks for the rental car suggestion. I was thinking about it, but I wasn't sure if it would be worth it. Transfers to the hotel and then the pier are available, but with that cost I could probably have the car paid for. Thanks for the reply.
Old June 12th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Jerry and Kirk

Default Re: Hyatt Condado Beach Resort in San Juan

Hi Julie,

Now that you've got things straightend out about the location of your hotel in SJ you'll want to do mucho research on sightseeing/places of interest, etc. There are a lot of things to do in a city that size so narrow it down to the things you would enjoy most since you only have 2 nights there.

We like to take the ferry boat over to the Bacardi Rum Factory and take the complimentary tour of the factory, the rum drinks and the live musical entertainment. We also like to hop on a city bus that takes you "outside" the city. We hop off, look around, check it out and hop back on and repeat. This is a good way to meet the locals......everyone speaks english, just about. Old SJ is near the docks, DON'T miss it! Just a few thoughts.....

Jerry and Kirk