Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 25th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Paul Rodgers

Default EVERYONE PICK A CRUISE AND GO?

It seems as if there are quite a few ( if not hundreds) of gay single and couples who love cruising. I would propose that someone ( and a certain moderator might be perfect) pick a cruise far enough down the road to make scheduling easy........and everyone just sign up and do it !!!! Why not just do it on our own instead of hoping some travel agent might be willing? It seems as if there are already alot of guys on here who cruise regularly and would be interested. How about this.......pick a nice Caribbean cruise for early next spring and we'll all go? OK ?
Sponsored Links
Old June 25th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: EVERYONE PICK A CRUISE AND GO?

PaulRogers, your proposal is one I believe many have entertained and I'm game......a wonderful idea.

Post Edited (06-27-04 10:31)
Old June 25th, 2004, 08:26 PM
Passenger

Hey,

we can still book the rooms on our own. I think he really meant for us to pick a shiop and a date, and spread the word!

Should't matter how we book, thorugh a TA or right from the Cruise line.

So, I nominate PaulRodgers to be the coordinator/moderator/organizer (pick the ship, pick the date and post it)!!!!!!

My BF and I will be there.

Best for us out of Lauderdale, Miami or Tampa!

Great Idea, Lets go for it!

Mike
Old June 25th, 2004, 09:15 PM
Paul Rodgers

I would be more than into doing some research and picking a cruise for everyone to consider..........here's some proposals.........
I would propose picking a 6-7 day cruise. I think that would be pretty mid-range for everyone. We should have some nice choices.
I would propose something in the Caribbean. I know there are LOTS of other options but since we have to pick SOMEWHERE........it may as well be warm and sunny.
I would propose Princess, Celebrity or any other line that people think would be cool. I have to say that as beautiful and hospitable the Holland Zuiderdam was.....most of us thought the food was "so-so". And with only one option for alternative dining (as opposed to three or four on other ships.......I would go Holland again if EVERYONE wanted to but will push for another line.
We would just pick the ship and cruise........everyone could book it anyway they wanted..........with their own travel agent, with a discount travel site, directly with the cruise line..........whatever.
THINK ABOUT HOW FAB THIS WOULD BE WITH THE MOMENTUM BUILDING AND PEOPLE SIGNING ON LEFT AND RIGHT.........soooooooooo. Let me know, Paul
Old June 26th, 2004, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Great idea, Paul ... I think you have been crowned in charge.

:-)

We'll probably pass -- business-wise, that's a busy time for me (plus not to mention the flying phobia)

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old June 26th, 2004, 10:09 PM
Snick's guy

Hi Paul---

In the last eight months, several of us from my work have been on 2 cruises (one Carnival and one Princess), and we just booked our next cruise for Dec 12th on the Sun Princess (10-day Caribbean).

It appears our group will be doing 2-3 cruises a year, and we would all be interested in a Spring Caribbean cruise (7-day out of Florida would be best for us). We really like Princess, but would be up for any similar line. Our last cruise was in May, and that worked out well, as Spring Break was over, yet children were not yet out of school (we are not into large groups of teens and kids).

Keep us in mind, as we may be interested in booking something for Spring. (Probably six to eight of us).
Old June 27th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Paul Rodgers

What would you all think about the Caribbean Princess? It's a 7 day cruise with some nice spots and what's supposed to be a GREAT ship?
Old June 27th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Admiral

Paul, make it in May and I'd love to join in, even though it is thr Caribbean (been many times).

How about the Baltic on Princess late June / early July !??? I'm taking my nieces for their graduation presents and my bf is going along.
Old June 27th, 2004, 07:33 PM
Passenger

Paul,

Take everyone's input, but like you said someone has to just pick a ship and a date. Not everyone will be happy that their date or ship's suggestion was not chosen.

I would llove to try a Princess, havent been on that line yet, and I have only gazed in Awe and Wonder at the hollan Ameica Westerdam, when it was in port at Cozumel when I was there this Spring.

I think we are game, pick a date and cruise, I agree on the Caribbean, although we have almost all ben there, its probably a good choice for the spring. If it works out, this my be a new trend in group travel !?!?!

Keep us advised, and if we need more input, let us know and we will spread the word!

(I still think this is a kick butt idea!!!))

Mike
Old June 28th, 2004, 06:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

Snick's guy wrote about a time frame when "Spring Break was over, yet children were not yet out of school."
GOOD THINKING.
Princess sounds good to me.
Destination: Caribbean sounds good also.
We await the reigning PaulRogers to declare his final decision.
I expect he is waiting for some level of forum reader replies to his/other proposals. Understandable. Come on you cruise lovers/addicts out there.....lets get some ideas and reponses going on this thread.

Post Edited (07-15-04 08:13)
Old June 28th, 2004, 11:12 AM
Tom Schaefer

Default Re: Re: EVERYONE PICK A CRUISE AND GO?

May would work for me........Princess would be fine!
I will watch the postings to see how this would work out. I am curious if most would take traditional dining or go fr the personal choice. If there was no cohesion, then on a ship of that size I am not sure how everyone would function as a group. If its do your own thing, then any sailing would do just as well.......I must admit having family as dining mates would be the high point...but again that would depend on how everyone chooses to dine.
Old June 28th, 2004, 07:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Jimbo_Bost

I think this is a GREAT idea. My partner and I never seem to meet any other same sex couples until the last day or two on the cruise. I would be nice to have gay dinner companions etc. Jimbo
Old June 28th, 2004, 11:01 PM
Snick's guy

When our group has sailed on Princess, we did the "personal choice" dining, and we enjoyed that. However, if we all booked as a large group, I think we would prefer "traditional dining", and reserve a large table(s) in order to "mingle" and better meet the others in the group.

This is starting to get exciting.
Old June 29th, 2004, 09:41 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: EVERYONE PICK A CRUISE AND GO?

Ditto Dittto Ditto.......

I Never meet anyone until like the last night of the cruise either.......

Dining together is great, I don't like to do the dining room EVERY night, but might be more fun with a group.

As far as the other activities, and meeting hanging out etc, we can pick a meeting place and plan our own stuff on the first day.... or ahead of time.

I agree also with Snick's guy... this IS getting exciting!

Mike
Old June 29th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Admiral

FYI.... from what I read, it's difficult to find larger tables in the Personal Choice dining rooms, per an article Kuki wrote.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old June 29th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Jerry and Kirk

Hi Harry, how's the new house coming along? What's you latest project?

I didn't read Kuki's article about the difficulties of finding larger tables in Personal Choice dining rooms (where can I find it?). But I can tell you that we requested 2 tables of 12, side by side on the Star Princess and our request was granted, TWICE. We made our request 2 days in advance, giving the time and dates that we wanted....no problem!!!

Jerry
Old June 29th, 2004, 03:54 PM
Passenger

hi there;

my bf and myself would be most interested...i think this is a great idea...princess is my cruise by choice but would consider other lines.

just think of the f.o.d. meeting how overwhelming it would be when so many show up...

defineatly mid april to mid may would be fantastic....

my bf used to work for princess fof quite a few years....
we are cruising on the diamond on mex riviera this oct but of course 6 days in palm springs prior to set our pace...

marco & ignazio.

Old June 29th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Passenger

hi all once again;

being a travel agent myself....i think it would be a great idea to have group space of some sort for those passengers wanting to book with a t.a...

for those passengers wanting to book within the group can perhaps take advantage of ship board credits / cabin upgrades/ cocktail parties oh my..!!>..

just a suggestion..

marco & ignazio

Old June 29th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Paul Rodgers

OK.........it's finally been decided. The cruise will be the Caribbean Princess leaving on May 7th. There's alot of reasons why but the main points are:
The ship in new and very very beautiful
There are amazing dining option for all of us
It's got some nice stops along the way
They're a gay friendly line
Cause I said so........that's why ( just kidding)
And almost everyone said they love Princess and like the idea
Cause we're all gonna look FAB the first formal night when we take over the
dining room.
Early booking has some amazing deals....check it out.

I love the idea of passing the word and we're gonna have an amazing time. Love Paul
Old June 30th, 2004, 10:22 AM
Admiral

Congrats everyone! Sounds like a fantastic time.

Thanks for the info, Jerry, on booking the bigger tables in PC dining rooms. Kuki's article was when they did a Cruisemates sailing on the Golden or Grand, or perhaps it was an article about how PC works.

It's been one month in the new house, as of tomorrow. Yard is all in, both cars are in the garage, and *most* of the pictures are up. Have a couple small painting projects, but all in all, I am happy how fast we got everything back in order.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old July 1st, 2004, 05:16 PM
Paul Rodgers

Is there any thought to picking a travel agent for all of us.......I'd imagine that someone might be interested knowing hundreds (ok, not 100s but alot) of fabulous gay men would be booking with him/her? Any thoughts?
Old July 2nd, 2004, 10:06 PM
Paul Rodgers

I would almost propose everyone being on a group mailing list. I'll put it together if people are up for it.
Old July 3rd, 2004, 12:35 AM
Admiral

Paul, c'mon -- share here ... we have the bandwidth!

Check the Cruise Bazaar for agents. Many are used to doing the Cruisemates group cruises.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old July 4th, 2004, 05:31 PM
Paul Rodgers

Harry..........I'm not sure what you mean? I'm all for everyone touching base and talking on the chat room to open it up to as many people as possible. What do you mean?
Old July 4th, 2004, 06:06 PM
Ron and Jon

We are not only excited about this idea but we have already contact our travel agent. Lets all just keep it that way. This is not a Gay cruise, this is a cruise that has a lot of Gay passengers, right? My FOD experiences have yieled 18 people max. I am just blown away with the idea that 180 of us could be aboard. Whether a seven day first portion or a seven day second portion or a combination of the both, lets just all get aboard and in our own way and have a wonderful time.. Or are we missing something here?

Ron and Jon
Old July 5th, 2004, 12:58 AM
Admiral

Paul, I just meant it's fine and dandies to post the chat and plans here without doing Yahoogroups.

Many of us live vicariously through folks taking other cruises in between our own. We love hearing the anticipation and plans of others.

Bottom line, is we would like to share in the excitement of your great idea, and sounds like there are plenty on board.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old July 6th, 2004, 11:44 AM
mike (and jon)

hey guys. have "corresponded" with paul thru email (he knows initial details) and will do a bit of research, will get back to him with results (we may be able to strike a good deal for caribbean princess 5/7/05) if it looks favorable. can't go into details yet, and can't post specifics on board, but will look into it. the next chapter looms on the horizon lol.... mike and jon
Old July 6th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Paul Rodgers

Dear Everyone,
Just to be clear...........Mike and Jon have tons of experience and really really great ideas. And I know how much gay men like it when someone takes charge. Check out this idea string regularly. Paul
Old July 7th, 2004, 03:51 AM
E&M

Hey all !!!!

Martin and I are thinking in joining in.....but will only know by November that is when we both bid for our 2005 vacation slots.

sea ya

E&M
Old July 7th, 2004, 09:56 AM
Searon

Hey-
We have done just that. 2 couples going on Celebirty Summit 3/21-4/1/2005 to Panama.

Anyone else?
Ron