Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2004, 06:17 PM
beartraprr

Default Internet on Princess Star

There is a large group of us going on the Star Princess on October 31. Chumley's Bear Cruise to be exact. I heard somewhere that the internet access is no long AOL. Was wondering if anyone can confirm this, The Princess web site says its still AOL. Also, would anyone know if they have wireless access on the Ship? Holland America does.

Thanks in advance for the help
Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2004, 12:28 PM
Alex

Default Re: Internet on Princess Star

From my experience on the Sapphire internet connections are really too slow. It was a real break for me not to get online. This said there were some wireless areas and you could get onto web based AOL.
Old July 26th, 2004, 12:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

If I recall, you get free internet after a certain number of cruises with princess. Does anyone know how many off the top of your head?

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old July 26th, 2004, 02:01 PM
Alex

Yes with platinum level which is 5 cruises... (at least i think it's platinum level -- the charge on board was 35 cents a min.)
Old July 26th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Jerry and Kirk

Default Re: Re: Internet on Princess Star

I think they recently raised it to 6 cruises, but I'm not absolutely sure. I guess you could call the cruise lines toll free telephone number and find out for sure.

Free internet service aboard ship is GREAT. I take time out of everyday to write friends to give them a rundown of where we are and what wev'e done for the day. I save everything I've written, print it out when I get home and put it in a photo album along with pictures and memorabilia. Years later, when you read your accounting of your trip, it will bring back more vivid memories and details than your brain can store, at least in MY case.

Jerry