Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Gay / Lesbian Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Gay / Lesbian Cruising Gay and Lesbian Cruiser's Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2004, 10:03 AM
Beginner

Default Distance from port to airport

My Partner and a friend of ours will be sailing Millenium Jan 2005 to Caribbean from Ft. Lauderdale. The ship returns to port at 7:00 a.m. The 9:45 a.m. flight is quite a bit cheaper than later return flights. Celebrity recommends not booking return flights that depart before 11:00 a.m. I have pretty much decided not to risk missing the flight, and booking the later one, but wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on this. Is Port Everglades very close to airport? Is the extra time factored in due to potential customs delays prior to allowing passengers disembark? Anyone in favor of being a cheap-skate and risking the earlier flight?

Second question>>>

We have done Horizon, Mercury, RCCL Splendour, this is our first big Celebrity ship. For those who have sailed her, how is Millie? She looks beautiful in the pics, are we going to like her?
Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2004, 10:13 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Distance from port to airport

The port is very very close to the airport.. It is a quick taxi ride.

The earlest I have ever done a flight is 10:45am.

I think a 9:45 flight may be pushing it.

Depending on the flight costs, also look into Miami. It is about 25 miles from Ft. Ldl.

The Millie is one on my favorite ships. Make sure you dine in the Olympic.

Pete